• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb15 - Central Locking... Etc Not Working

Vin

Question

Hi All,

I'm having a nissan Sunny FB15 (Super saloon - Splend) which was made in 2000. All of a sudden following items failed to work as usual.

- Central locking.

- Interior lamp (It doesn't wk in the "Door" position.)

- Warning chime (ie: the beeper which reminds the key or parking lights are on when the drivers door is open)

- Meter panel (speedometer, tachometer, fuel, temp meters and Odometer does NOT work. Bulb indications are working.)

(Note: The car has a factory fitted remote key, so central locking was as per the original wiring)

Can anyone pls give me a solution...

14 answers to this question

Hi All,

I'm having a nissan Sunny FB15 (Super saloon - Splend) which was made in 2000. All of a sudden following items failed to work as usual.

- Central locking.

- Warning chime (ie: the beeper which reminds the key or parking lights are on when the drivers door is open)

- Meter panel (speedometer, tachometer, fuel, temp meters and Odometer does NOT work. Bulb indications are working.)

(Note: The car has a factory fitted remote key, so central locking was as per the original wiring)

sell you car and buy another one.

Hi All,

- Central locking.

Hi Machan

This could most probably be due to blow up FUSE.. take your car to a good place where they fix auto electricle stuff.. this cant be a major issue

all the best

sell you car and buy another one.

Hay Nilantha, The car is in best condition when compared with the same age, model ones in the country... (When I go for a service/maintenance workshop I usually receive several requests from other car owners asking let them know if I'm willing to sell it)

The technical manual says all the aforesaid electrical items are powered by same set of fuses (Fuse # 10,12, 13). In this case all the fuses are ok. Thats the dilemma im facing... :-\

Hay Nilantha, The car is in best condition when compared with the same age, model ones in the country... (When I go for a service/maintenance workshop I usually receive several requests from other car owners asking let them know if I'm willing to sell it)

The technical manual says all the aforesaid electrical items are powered by same set of fuses (Fuse # 10,12, 13). In this case all the fuses are ok. Thats the dilemma im facing... :-\

Its most likely a fuse issue... just take the car along to any decent Auto Electrician and it should be a minor issue to sort out.

Also, you'll find it useful to ignore the comments made by Nilantha, he generally contributes little of use if a NISSAN owner needs help. He has a bit of a personal vendetta against Nissan for some strange reason.

Hope you get your issue sorted soon :)

Edited by Supra_Natural

Hi All,

- Central locking.

Get your door lock timer checked. Strange as it may sound, the door lock timer is linked to all of the above accessories in most Nissans. It should be hidden under one of the kick panels, usually on the driver side. Press the unlock button and listen for a clicking sound from somewhere in the dash.

Provided the fuses are OK, it should be a loose connector. You will need to remove your instrument cluster to check this, but usually it's a very easy and straight forward task.

Edited by Anjo

Nilantha - Thats not very useful. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't be a postwhore.

Supra - Play a little nicer, dude.

Sorry boss.... This individual tends to get my goat a tad when he posts stuff of this nature, Post edited. :)

Edited by Supra_Natural

Most of your problems will be solved by checking door push switch near bottom side corner. it might be not functioning so that your center bulb. alarms with parking, as well as central locking system etc. check it with a good technician.

cheers

Hi All,

- Central locking.

Hi All,

Following were the observations I had when i chk my buddy by my self using multimeter & technical manual,

--- Remote receiver module harness ---

Door open/close sensor signal from all 4 doors: working

Key in/out sensor signal from key cylinder: working

Drivers door lock status (locked or not) sensor signal: working

Power to the unit: working

--- Central Locking switch in the driver side door (It has 3 wires: Lock, unlock, ground) ---

Ground wire continuity: working

Lock/Unlock wires: NOT healthy (ie: 2.7V)

(Note: It should have 5V by default and it should trigger the lock/unlock upon them being grounded)

Any comments?

=============

JOB DONE

=============

Finally took the car to the agents. After doing all the checkings (by a known faithful fellow) the answer was to replace the meter board.

Bought one from the market, plugged it in by myself, woooff..!!! All the malfunctions gone... Everything back in perfect condition. :jumping-smiley-013:

Thank you all of my unseen friends at AutoLanka.com for all the helps given...

Thanx again... :rolleyes:

Edited by Vin

=============

JOB DONE

=============

Finally took the car to the agents. After doing all the checkings (by a known faithful fellow) the answer was to replace the meter board.

Bought one from the market, plugged it in by self, woooff..!!! All the malfunctions gone... Everything back in perfect condition. :jumping-smiley-013:

Thank you all of my unseen friends at AutoLanka.com for all the helps given...

Thanx again... :rolleyes:

You are Welcome :grinning-smiley-003: