• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Battary.

Kim

Question

Hey ppl, wanting to get a Maintenance Free Battery. checked at few places but no luck? any idea where that i can buy a such battery?

HELP pls :)

Edited by Kim

Guys, having 2 replace Aliz's Battery - Could you please suggest a good brand with known facts?

I used GLOBAL NS40ZL for 5 years without any problem. i sold the car after 5 years i don't know what happen to that battery after that. i will not recommend GLOBAL Maintenance free battery. i think YUASA is a good brand but never used. i have been using EXIDE since 2008 also the model called PRESIDENT i have been using since year 2006 so far so good both.

• Like 1

I used GLOBAL NS40ZL for 5 years without any problem. i sold the car after 5 years i don't know what happen to that battery after that. i will not recommend GLOBAL Maintenance free battery. i think YUASA is a good brand but never used. i have been using EXIDE since 2008 also the model called PRESIDENT i have been using since year 2006 so far so good both.

You used the same battery for 5 years??? :blink:

Did you use the car daily ? :o

Used FB NS80 battery (Original Japanese) for 5 years. this is for a Van. couldn't found the same battery on the local market but settled for EXIDE NS80 lasted more than 3 years without a problem. now using GS NS40 for the car so far no problem (It has been 2 years now). got it for 5000/- + 1 Year warranty.

I think better to go with "Exide battery". Last month I have replaced my Mazda's battery. Its Exide NS40. cost around 6300/= with 1 year warranty. Battery prices are moving too fast (increase).

I have checked battery prices with some dealers. Most of them said, go with Exide.

This is only my idea. Before buy that, you better to check the prices. :)

I think better to go with "Exide battery". Last month I have replaced my Mazda's battery. Its Exide NS40. cost around 6300/= with 1 year warranty. Battery prices are moving too fast (increase).

yeah last month i put a new NS75 battery and they quoted 10500 and after the discount and reduce price for the old battery i had to pay close to 8500

another option is buying from those third party importers/sellers...last week i bought half dozen batterys for the trucks at 2500Rs a pop from a guy at wennapuwa,all new...the guys stock had arrived the day before and i went the following day and it was nearly all gone...there are a couple of other places at allawwa and kandy i heard...no guarantees ofcourse,so it aint for the faint hearted or whiners :rolleyes:

Edited by MasterDon

once a week. my home car.

Yeah. That should be possible mate. B'cos one of my friend using a Alto. He bought the car in mid of 2003. Now Almost 5 1/2 years. Still didnt change the battery. He is also using once a week / twice a week.

But if we are using the machine daily, the battery will expire soon (max 2 years). Had some experience. :)

Edited by Prami

Yeah. That should be possible mate. B'cos one of my friend using a Alto. He bought the car in mid of 2003. Now Almost 5 1/2 years. Still didnt change the battery. He is also using once a week / twice a week.

But if we are using the machine daily, the battery will expire soon (max 2 years). Had some experience. :)

i don't think so.

Yes you are correct. I had the same experience with my old bats and im also using the car everyday. Avg: 1.5 years with diesel and 2 plus years with patrol car.

Yes you are correct. I had the same experience with my old bats and im also using the car everyday. Avg: 1.5 years with diesel and 2 plus years with patrol car.

The company who is selling Soltron now promoting additive and they say it will increase the battery life up to 8 years. I added it two months before. According to my previous experience with my diesel vehicle battery lasts only 2 years and milestone is this November. So I will tell you the results in January.

They sell 6 pills (one pill per cell) @ Rs 1500/=

Aha..Thanks for the info guys, got a GS-Battery cost me 6500/-

yep, Exide was there for 5K but something made me go for the GS brand. seems maintenance free aren't there anymore.

Aha..Thanks for the info guys, got a GS-Battery cost me 6500/-

yep, Exide was there for 5K but something made me go for the GS brand. seems maintenance free aren't there anymore.

From where did you buy the battery? 5k for Exide seems cheap

:o

Mate, Exide NS 40 price is around 6300.00 (Browns). Last month I bought it. Cant believe about the 5K price.

well, come will U, will get you a one for that price, checked my self at 2 places..