• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Battary.

Kim

Question

Guys,

If you buy anything from the parent company they will not give you any discount. But if you buy from any sub agent they will give you a discount.

I am not sure machan. But one of my friend bought a NS 40 battery from sub agent. Its a small place. But same price what i have paid 6300.00.

Hmmm..here we go:

1. Rebota Battery Shop, Moratuwa (Near the Bank of Ceylon - on the oppersit side/Land side)

2. Marine Drive - first Battery Shop which you get when your entering from the wellawatta-Ramakrishna Road- (on land side)

hey guys, we also got an exide battery for our car last october. it was about 7k (more i think) its an accid one. and so far its not been that great. its still under warrenty but its started to get abit low on performance now. the lights are dim now (and get brighter when you rev up) etc. we've been checking the acid water quite regularly too. anyway i got a discount voucher ( :rolleyes: ) for a "Lucas" battery. I've got 30% off on a "Polypropylene" battery or 20% off on a "hard rubber" battery. The voucher expires on the 31st of dec 09.

can anyone tell me how good or otherwise this "Lucas" battery is? Because since the exide warrenty is over in october we're quite keen to get rid of it and go for a "jellytype" or sealed type battery rather than an acid one. So gimmie so tips on this Lucas battery please guys. :) (btw i'm guessing the "hard rubber" type is the jelly/sealed type battery?? not too sure bout that) :unsure:

virensti - thats sad to hear..for some reason i was not comfortable with d Exide so went for a GS battery. anyways if its under warrenty period, you should get it changed, good if they will give back a other type of battery but i am not sure about that..

And let us know if you are able to find sealed batteries? :)

can anyone tell me how good or otherwise this "Lucas" battery is? Because since the exide warrenty is over in october we're quite keen to get rid of it and go for a "jellytype" or sealed type battery rather than an acid one. So gimmie so tips on this Lucas battery please guys. :) (btw i'm guessing the "hard rubber" type is the jelly/sealed type battery?? not too sure bout that) :unsure:

i'm using lucas batteries for my english ladies which are custom made for me from klevenberg...as far as ican tell there is no major differance between exide and lucas,as they both have ties to browns co. :unsure:

anyways no complains regarding lucas batteries,always have been excellant...and i'm currently using 6 lucas bats on running cars and one pair is almost 4 years old

i'm using lucas batteries for my english ladies which are custom made for me from klevenberg...as far as ican tell there is no major differance between exide and lucas,as they both have ties to browns co. :unsure:

anyways no complains regarding lucas batteries,always have been excellant...and i'm currently using 6 lucas bats on running cars and one pair is almost 4 years old

Sweet! You just made my mind up! thanks mate! :) cheers. :alc: btw bit OT what are your english ladies? :)

Sweet! You just made my mind up! thanks mate! :) cheers. :alc: btw bit OT what are your english ladies? :)

some MG's,a Triumph, jaguar,mini...

however i'm using custom made black batteries as me cars need differant voltage and size...haven't used their whites personally but havent got any complaints from those who do

Edited by MasterDon

some MG's,a Triumph, jaguar,mini...

however i'm using custom made black batteries as me cars need differant voltage and size...haven't used their whites personally but havent got any complaints from those who do

nice!! :)

[quote name='virensti' date='Aug 11 2009, 02:31 PM' post='101555'

hey guys, we also got an exide battery for our car last october. it was about 7k (more i think) its an accid one. and so far its not been that great. its still under warrenty but its started to get abit low on performance now. the lights are dim now (and get brighter when you rev up) etc. we've been checking the acid water quite regularly too. anyway i got a discount voucher ( :rolleyes: ) for a "Lucas" battery. I've got 30% off on a "Polypropylene" battery or 20% off on a "hard rubber" battery. The voucher expires on the 31st of dec 09.

Associated Battery manufactureres ( I think in Ratmalana) make all the local batteries in one plant and they name them as "Exide", "Lucas" and "Daganite". Althogh the sellers are different there is no major difference.

• Like 1

got a Exide NS60 for 6500/- yesterday (dehiwala). Lucas was slightly higher even though its manufactured by the same company.

Anyways got to know that u can but the same NS60 from the manufacturer for 5500/-, my three wheel guy told me its somewhere close to templers road in mount.

Volta was around 7300/- i used my volta for 3+ years, and im quite suprised since i hadn't checked the water for close to 1.5 years n the battery was bone dry but still it lasted! Im sure it would have lasted more if I had maintained it properly.

• Like 1

got a Exide NS60 for 6500/- yesterday (dehiwala). Lucas was slightly higher even though its manufactured by the same company.

Anyways got to know that u can but the same NS60 from the manufacturer for 5500/-, my three wheel guy told me its somewhere close to templers road in mount.

Volta was around 7300/- i used my volta for 3+ years, and im quite suprised since i hadn't checked the water for close to 1.5 years n the battery was bone dry but still it lasted! Im sure it would have lasted more if I had maintained it properly.

my area battery shop sub agent told me exide ns60 is around 8000 rupees can you please tell me the name of the place where you got this battery in dehiwala.thanks!

my area battery shop sub agent told me exide ns60 is around 8000 rupees can you please tell me the name of the place where you got this battery in dehiwala.thanks!

Hi the place I got it from is Jagath Battery works. Its a small joint on Hill St in Dehiwala, just passing the nadimala bridge.

Edited by megatron