• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

75th Anniversary Rally Of The Ceylon Motor Sports Club (cmsc)

AMG

The ‘j********i Full Option Lotus Smart Drivers Rally’ which is also the 75th anniversary rally of the Ceylon Motor Sports Club (CMSC) will kick off on the night of August 14 at the Galle Face Hotel, with j********i Full Option as Principal Sponsor.

Recognised by the Governing Body of Motor Sports - Sri Lanka Automobile Sports - as a National Event, this Rally is the oldest running rally in Sri Lanka. Co-sponsors of this event are the Galle Face Hotel and MRF Car Care.

Vice President of the CMSC Niroshan Pereira said, “Primarily organised as a ‘time and distance’ rally, it is geared towards people who would want to use their daily transport type vehicle for the event. This is a motor rally for the average motorist with a chance to win Rs. 100,000.00 in prize money”.

Managing Director j********i Insurance Prakash Schaffter said, “As a trail blazer in Sri Lanka’s insurance industry with j********i Full Option, we are proud and honoured to partner with the Ceylon Motor Sports Club in its prestigious 75th Anniversary Rally this year.”.

This j********i Full Option Lotus Smart Drivers Rally will be run overnight and would cover 500 kms. The time and distance charts will be available to the drivers at the “Drivers Briefing” which will be held the day prior to the rally at the MRF Car Care Centre, No. 210/1, Obeysekerapura, Rajagiriya.

The rally proper kicks off at 8.00 pm on Friday 14 August at the Galle Face Hotel with each car departing at two minute intervals.

The rally ends at the Parliament Grounds on Saturday 15 August at 7.00 pm in a mini-carnival atmosphere complete with food and beverage stalls, vintage cars on display, stalls related to motor vehicles and, in general, catering to the whole family. An interesting and unique feature of this 75th anniversary is a class for Veteran Drivers, so that they too may re-live the past experiences and go down Memory Lane.

The classes are as follows : Cars (up to 1000cc, up to 1400cc, up to 1600cc and over 1600cc), Trucks and Jeeps (up to 3000cc, over 3000cc), Bikes and Veterans. There will be winners in each category with prizes for Team Winners and Overall Winners too. Closing date for entries is August 7. Entry forms are available at the CMSC office, c/o Jinasena Ltd, No. 4, Hunupitiya Road, Colombo 2. The Club has decided that only the first 50 entries will be accepted.

Daily Mirror 30/07/2009.