• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Worst Vehicle Insurance Company In Sri Lanka

Theje G

Generally C***co quotes low but teh Invoice comes more,

so you got to ask all the charges in advance, guys quote sometimes omitting RCC or something really useful and then they say they will add it, also they love to add covers that were not requested, this is my experience.

Any way Ce***co guys are bit crazy, they don't know what they are doing. Well I don;t know whether it was only that particular branch but that's the impression I got. Where as j****ti were more organized and quite clear the way they handled.

Generally C***co quotes low but teh Invoice comes more,

so you got to ask all the charges in advance, guys quote sometimes omitting RCC or something really useful and then they say they will add it, also they love to add covers that were not requested, this is my experience.

Any way Ce***co guys are bit crazy, they don't know what they are doing. Well I don;t know whether it was only that particular branch but that's the impression I got. Where as j****ti were more organized and quite clear the way they handled.

Yes, I have requested only main 3 covers (Floods, Riot & Terrorism). Still thinking about Terrorism cover. :unsure:

Yes, I have requested only main 3 covers (Floods, Riot & Terrorism). Still thinking about Terrorism cover. :unsure:

although "Terrorism" per say has been eradicated of sorts as they'll have us know, anti-terrorist activities would fall under the same i reckon - i.e : some kinda accidental damaged caused by an individual or even the forces when apprehending terror suspects etc? :unsure:

although "Terrorism" per say has been eradicated of sorts as they'll have us know, anti-terrorist activities would fall under the same i reckon - i.e : some kinda accidental damaged caused by an individual or even the forces when apprehending terror suspects etc? :unsure:

Devinda, I think this is under Riot activities (some kinda accidental damaged caused by an individual..........). Those details grabbed from some insurance agents/companies.

Devinda, I think this is under Riot activities (some kinda accidental damaged caused by an individual..........). Those details grabbed from some insurance agents/companies.

hmmm makes sense i guess...

but what if firearms used by military personnel are the cause? :unsure:

Guys If u wanna go for cey***co but think their premium is high, I ll give you a trick to handle them.. This worked for me at least. First I got a quotation from cey***co. Then I called couple of insurance companies and ask them to fax their prices. FYI all the others are cheaper than cey***co except SL insurance. After that I went to a cey***co branch and showed them the less prices i got than their quote. Then that bugger went to see the manager and came back with a price cheaper than what I got from others and surprisingly its 8000 less than their previous quote.....!

Edited by Corolla121

Guys If u wanna go for cey***co but think their premium is high, I ll give you a trick to handle them.. This worked for me at least. First I got a quotation from cey***co. Then I called couple of insurance companies and ask them to fax their prices. FYI all the others are cheaper than cey***co except SL insurance. After that I went to a cey***co branch and showed them the less prices i got than their quote. Then that bugger went to see the manager and came back with a price cheaper than what I got from others and surprisingly its 5000 less than their previous quote.....!

Good Point buddy. Same process applied for me also :D >. otherwise they didn't reduce the prices....

• 4 months later...

Pulling up an old topic....:-)

I need to make a choice between Aviva, Allianz and SLI for my car (full insurance). All of these are in the 35K to 40K range.

I wish I could go for V*P but it's about 10K more (just like J'shakthi). So that's out.

Could you please advise me???

Pulling up an old topic....:-)

I need to make a choice between Aviva, Allianz and SLI for my car (full insurance). All of these are in the 35K to 40K range.

I wish I could go for V*P but it's about 10K more (just like J'shakthi). So that's out.

Could you please advise me???

if i were you i'd go for slic...

been with them for a few years now with no issues at all... :)

but with the government taking over...dunno how things will fair into the future

This has been discussed before, but that was almost a year back- I can't speak to Allianz or SLI (under the new mgt)...

IMO aviva is fantastic and the only company i know of that does not cheat its customers who have older cars (if car is older than 5 years, most 'other' insurance companies will not cover for brand new parts- they will only pay for used parts!) V*P and Jshakthi are worst- i resist using expletives in this case.

yes..Sorry for bringing it up again. But the new 'management' of SLI means things may have changed for the worse. Lots of ppl I've spoken to say the same thing as Ripper (i.e"dont know how it will be in now").

Actually, nothing has changed at SLIC... :)

Our company had a Motorcycle claim and they paid without any issues. In fact it was a no brainer. The service was courtesous and I even had them call me up and ask if I want to come and pick up the cheque or if they can send it to our office.

Normally these other places don't like to pay motorcycle claims. But SLIC paid almost 80K for a Hero Honda Glamour that we bought only for 145K. The agent repair estimate was about 8k more. But considering the damage, we gladly paid the balance ourselves.

I have had worse experience with V*P though...

I would say SLIC and j********i are more or less better then the rest.

You have to understand that some state institutions have got it right better than the private sector... :)

Case in point, SLT! A phone in complaint now gets attended to within 24 hours or less and you even get a apology letter signed by the area engineer!

I am not kidding!

+ 1 on Aviva- their whole process is very refined- you meet with an accident and based a situation they will- ask you to simply file the report, produce the car at the garage and thats it. The jobs done and they sort out the payments. Also the policy rate is very reasonable- and the follow up from their sales people, really makes you wanna work with them. SLI delays everything- including sales quotes

This has been discussed before, but that was almost a year back- I can't speak to Allianz or SLI (under the new mgt)...

IMO aviva is fantastic and the only company i know of that does not cheat its customers who have older cars (if car is older than 5 years, most 'other' insurance companies will not cover for brand new parts- they will only pay for used parts!) V*P and Jshakthi are worst- i resist using expletives in this case.

• Like 1

My one is Asian Alliance. So far so good. Had two accidents with in 06 months and repair cost at the agent was 140000/= and 48000/=. No hazzels no question was asked, payments were done directly to the agent. I had to bare about 5000 Rs for the first accident and 0 Rs for the second one.

You have to understand that some state institutions have got it right better than the private sector... :)

You got a good point, another good example is Peoples Leasing.

But with majority of the public institutions going downhill it is fair for publics to lose faith. Sri Lankan air line is a good example.

On SLT, well it is not 100% government is it?

I don't trust any Insurence Company... Have very bitter experiece with Jana$ak*hi and Celin*o V!P. I don't do full insurence anymore, but save that amount yearly in an FD and be extra careful when driving. Got a third party insurence just to meet the legal requirement.

All depends on the assessors... worthless scum :angry-smiley-005:

I don't trust any Insurence Company... Have very bitter experiece with Jana$ak*hi and Celin*o V!P. I don't do full insurence anymore, but save that amount yearly in an FD and be extra careful when driving. Got a third party insurence just to meet the legal requirement.

All depends on the assessors... worthless scum :angry-smiley-005:

Not entirely fair to make a broad statement like that. just because a couple of companies play you out doesn't mean they are all terrible. And its highly unfair to call all assesors "worthless scum" since their are quite a few who will be on your side if you get fit with them... perhaps you just dont know how to handle them?

Having said that, let me add yet another compliment to Eagle/Aviva. They really and truly know how to treat a customer!