• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Worst Vehicle Insurance Company In Sri Lanka

Theje G

My bad experience with UNION ASSURANCE as follows:

union1o.jpg

2 fog lights and 4 wheel dust caps of my car have been stolen at Darly Road (near the St. Josephs’ College) in couple of months back. As such I made a complain to Union Assurance (UA) regarding this. As per the requirement of UA, Police report & workshop estimate were duly produce. The cost of repairs & replacement was 30K (repair front buffer brackets, 2 fog lights (recondition) & installation, 4 wheel dust caps). The assessor from UA visited the workshop & checked the damage, estimate and done small deduction (Rs. 1500) from the estimation and APPROVED it. He said, after the repair, you could produce all the bills to UA branch and get the payment.

Accordingly I followed the instructions, had my car repaired & produced the bills to UA Ratmalana branch on Monday morning. They told that the payment would be made within 2 or 3 days. Bill amount is around 28K. But I didn’t buy 4 wheel dust caps since I couldn’t find quality dust caps at the market. So didn’t record that amount for the bill. However, even after a lapse of 5 days I didn’t hear from UA at all. As such I made a call to Mr ### (UA Head office). He said the bills were still being checked & promised to have the due amount deposited in my bank account within a couple of days.

Once again there wasn’t any sound from UA regarding my payment. Upon the failure of UA to call me as promised, I had to call UA several times. Same excuse was given.

Finally they told the amount payable is only LKR 8000. I wish to stress that I didn’t apply LKR 28,000 on my own. The reimbursement of LKR 28,000 was approved by the assessor himself. So I would like to have my bill of LKR 28,000 reimbursed immediately. I only ask from UA to reimburse what the assessor has already approved since that is exactly the amount I paid to the workshop.

I have already explained the matters to all concerned & manager ### too.

Finally they came with the sheer nonsense. They told that the approval done by the assessor was not a price approval. I wish you all would refrain from saying such nonsense to your clients. If what was approved is not a price approval what does your assessor do? What do you with your assessor?

Finally I have received a payment worth of LKR 8,000, instead of LKR 28,000.

Their breach of contract, their lack of respect for the procedure, their total disrespect of the money spent by their client is not acceptable at all.

CONSEQUENTLY, WHY WE ARE DEALING WITH THESE KINDS OF INSURANCE COMPANIES (UNION ASSURANCE)?

Edited by Prami

that story doesn't sound right. usually what ever the assesor says is final. they do all the reduction etc from the estimate. you can always go to UA and first ask them the process of how a repair should be done.

if they say assesor should not do any pricing, then ask why he decided to deduct 1500. you can fight this out. don't accept the 8k.

we have c******o V*P and i must say i have not had any issues with them. they also deal directly with the garage which i find is the easiest option.

Prami- agree with fuzzo...don't take this lying down if the approval was given for a 28k repair.

If you get stonewalled by UA, threaten to report them to the Govt insurance watchdog (name always evades me).

That said, this is very much dependent on how accurate your situation is...and you have all the necessary paperwork to support your case.

My bad experience with UNION ASSURANCE as follows:

union1o.jpg

2 fog lights and 4 wheel dust caps of my car have been stolen at Darly Road (near the St. Josephs’ College) in couple of months back. As such I made a complain to Union Assurance (UA) regarding this. As per the requirement of UA, Police report & workshop estimate were duly produce. The cost of repairs & replacement was 30K (repair front buffer brackets, 2 fog lights (recondition) & installation, 4 wheel dust caps). The assessor from UA visited the workshop & checked the damage, estimate and done small deduction (Rs. 1500) from the estimation and APPROVED it. He said, after the repair, you could produce all the bills to UA branch and get the payment.

Accordingly I followed the instructions, had my car repaired & produced the bills to UA Ratmalana branch on Monday morning. They told that the payment would be made within 2 or 3 days. Bill amount is around 28K. But I didn’t buy 4 wheel dust caps since I couldn’t find quality dust caps at the market. So didn’t record that amount for the bill. However, even after a lapse of 5 days I didn’t hear from UA at all. As such I made a call to Mr ### (UA Head office). He said the bills were still being checked & promised to have the due amount deposited in my bank account within a couple of days.

Once again there wasn’t any sound from UA regarding my payment. Upon the failure of UA to call me as promised, I had to call UA several times. Same excuse was given.

Finally they told the amount payable is only LKR 8000. I wish to stress that I didn’t apply LKR 28,000 on my own. The reimbursement of LKR 28,000 was approved by the assessor himself. So I would like to have my bill of LKR 28,000 reimbursed immediately. I only ask from UA to reimburse what the assessor has already approved since that is exactly the amount I paid to the workshop.

I have already explained the matters to all concerned & manager ### too.

Finally they came with the sheer nonsense. They told that the approval done by the assessor was not a price approval. I wish you all would refrain from saying such nonsense to your clients. If what was approved is not a price approval what does your assessor do? What do you with your assessor?

Finally I have received a payment worth of LKR 8,000, instead of LKR 28,000.

Their breach of contract, their lack of respect for the procedure, their total disrespect of the money spent by their client is not acceptable at all.

CONSEQUENTLY, WHY WE ARE DEALING WITH THESE KINDS OF INSURANCE COMPANIES (UNION ASSURANCE)?

Dont accept 8k.Explain to them about the repair.

Once j********i tried to do this kinda thing for a 60 000 repair.They paid 23 000 and we didnt take it.All the bills were produced+Some scoldin :D got 58 000

fuzzo, gunat & SpEeD FrEak, thanks for your valuable replies... :)

Have tried several ways. Me & my father met Insurance Manager too. Didnt work anything man. :( Damn ppl.... :action-smiley-081::angry-smiley-002:

Finally, I have withdraw my policy... :violent-smiley-011: