• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

25th Green Path Accident !!!!!!

jeevanonline

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats sad, any idea how the accident happened? after the going to the motor show on 25th night stopped at the bamba pila at around 10.00pm. saw some bikers racing towards colpetty weaving in an out of traffic, don't know if this particular ride was part of that group.

Thats sad, any idea how the accident happened? after the going to the motor show on 25th night stopped at the bamba pila at around 10.00pm. saw some bikers racing towards colpetty weaving in an out of traffic, don't know if this particular ride was part of that group.

looking at the damage on the bike it looks like it was doing some nasty speed....

possibly rolled over a few times too... :(

sad scene...

as per what I heard, this guy was dragging wit a WRX and hit a transformer. Apparently there was grey matter splattered where he fell. Iv no idea abt the physics of hitting something that high up tho...The cops had swamed the place so the cars had got out...

Anyways thats what I heard. Any witnesses ?

da rider had crashed into da green path round about & then got thrown & hit a transformer on da road side. he also hasnt been wearing a helmet.

oh damn,,,, that;s bad...

and helmets are good only upto a certain speed and in certain crashes/falls...

i've busted a fullface doing little over 60kmph...

when you reach upto speeds like 160+ and have a crash nothing will protect you IMHO...

that's what i heard too .... it was a careless accident which could have been prevented if he used a helmet gihan can shed some light on the subject the bugger was there that night .. the guy died on the spot who is a 24 year old father to a new born who is only 3months old .... Deepest sympathy to the family who lost some one dear ...

off the topic this will be a killer blow for the CMB drag scene cos the coppers will be on high alert for the coming few months and all you guys who owns performance cars will have a headache when you are driving around Colombo

as per what I heard, this guy was dragging wit a WRX and hit a transformer. Apparently there was grey matter splattered where he fell. Iv no idea abt the physics of hitting something that high up tho...The cops had swamed the place so the cars had got out...

Anyways thats what I heard. Any witnesses ?

quite possible... the bike can reach phenomenal speeds even in green path stretch... probably he would have smoked wrx and ran short of road to stop

lotsa people talk about 0-60 speeds but very few talk about 60-0...which almost all the time takes a lot longer...

anyways...sad to see people now riding with their skills and also with some common sense :(

The enthusiasts could always invest in some land in the suburbs and build a drag strip.

Only way to keep the game safe.

Seriously someone should do it. Its now a commodity.

yep...that's great idea and i bet it;ll get good business :)

that is one awesome machine...but with great power comes great responsibility...just because you or your parents are rich does not mean that you are a great rider...only a few 1000cc+ bikes roam around colombo and i know that most of them are complete idiot mama's boy "bikers"...weaving in and out of traffic etc,etc...the real ones never even take out their bikes in colombo...it's either some deserted outstation road or at pannala.

just because some ass-hat in a subaru chllanges you to a drag at GP does not mean you accept it!!!...you know with a bike like that you can lick any pathetic four wheeler...so why bother??? :action-smiley-060:

i did not mean any disrespect toward the dead but guys like these spoil it for the rest of us

That Day he ride his bike up and down GP so many times without a helmat or any safty gear, then few people heard a sound and power went off, so all the drag boys went, after fef minutes we saw a damaged transformer and heard the 1000CC biker crashed, for past 3 months this is the worst and 5th bike accident at GP , also saw few bikers nearly escaping hitting road vehciles and the sad part is most of the bikers ride wrong side of the road and no one wear any safty gear,

just because some ass-hat in a subaru chllanges you to a drag at GP does not mean you accept it!!!...you know with a bike like that you can lick any pathetic four wheeler...so why bother??? :action-smiley-060:

u speaking like u saw the scene, that stupd bike gang want to run with us too, they were puting their hands out when we on the road and that biker followed us many times and we totally ignored him, now cus of a stupid biker crashed how come ass=hat in subaru responsible for it? unfortulatly that biker were goin after all the cars and end in the Trasformer,

i also saw the last ride of the biker and he follwed WRX and its not a RACE,

also for the price of licky pathetic four wheeler how many bikes u can buy ? maybe two or 3 1000cc's, but most of the people are not dumb to buy shitty bikes and they happy with cars

I'm gonna put the two of you on moderator approved if you have a fight now. GFX, don't take it personally coz Don said subaru. He has already blasted these bikers for their stupid behavior. He doesn't say the Sub was responsible, he pretty much said you don't need to race coz there is nothing to prove. Which means he doesn't approve of the guy racing, just like you don't. You guys seriously need to chill.

that is one awesome machine...but with great power comes great responsibility...just because you or your parents are rich does not mean that you are a great rider...only a few 1000cc+ bikes roam around colombo and i know that most of them are complete idiot mama's boy "bikers"...weaving in and out of traffic etc,etc...the real ones never even take out their bikes in colombo...it's either some deserted outstation road or at pannala.

i did not mean any disrespect toward the dead but guys like these spoil it for the rest of us

Mate, just a quick question. Were YOU there? Did you SEE a RACE between the WRX and the CBR? What WE SAW was the said CBR tail-gating the WRX. So in your own words, if the bike could "LICK" the car then why was he tail-gating him? There was no RACE between the two. Just immature, careless riding as we have seen from almost all the bikers that have frequented GP in the recent past. Unfortunately for him and more so for his family, that was his last ride.

Your "Ass-hat in a Subaru" comment is quite interesting as we atleast in YOUR opinion wear an "ASS-HAT". Probably SOME sort of protection including a seat-belt. :D If your fellow biker WAS wearing OUR so called ASS-HAT he may be living today. Come to think of it, none of the biker boys wear ASS-HATS at GP. Strange :unsure:

Cheers! :alc:

I'm gonna put the two of you on moderator approved if you have a fight now. GFX, don't take it personally coz Don said subaru. He has already blasted these bikers for their stupid behavior. He doesn't say the Sub was responsible, he pretty much said you don't need to race coz there is nothing to prove. Which means he doesn't approve of the guy racing, just like you don't. You guys seriously need to chill.

no one can insult or disrespct Subarus, not only me there are so many subaru owners around,

I agree with Peri. A guy has died, lets pay him our respects, regardless of the circumstance and lets hope this will knock some sense in to the Boy Racers in all of us. Speed Kills.

There is no such thing as a good driver. There are only those who have crashed and those who are yet to crash.

Just becasue we drive cars that we see do some unbelievable tricks does not mean we have to emulate them in our own backyards putting so many lives including ours in danger.

A license to drive is not a license to kill.

If you see some Johnny wanting to race you in a tricked out Subaru, Honda, Nissan , Mazda, Bajaj, Maruti or what ever, let them win by default and get on with your lives.

Edited by VVTi

no one can insult or disrespct Subarus, not only me there are so many subaru owners around,

Dude, we all love Subarus. Don said Ass Hat in a Subaru. He insulted the driver, not the car. Chill, man!!!

Ass-Hats drive Nissans, Mercs, BMWs, Hondas....

Edited by VVTi

Mate, just a quick question. Were YOU there? Did you SEE a RACE between the WRX and the CBR? What WE SAW was the said CBR tail-gating the WRX. So in your own words, if the bike could "LICK" the car then why was he tail-gating him? There was no RACE between the two. Just immature, careless riding as we have seen from almost all the bikers that have frequented GP in the recent past. Unfortunately for him and more so for his family, that was his last ride.

Your "Ass-hat in a Subaru" comment is quite interesting as we atleast in YOUR opinion wear an "ASS-HAT". Probably SOME sort of protection including a seat-belt. :D If your fellow biker WAS wearing OUR so called ASS-HAT he may be living today. Come to think of it, none of the biker boys wear ASS-HATS at GP. Strange :unsure:

Cheers! :alc:

thats a gud point, if its a Race the bike should be way ahead of the subaru, so how come the biker is behind the WRX

Dude, we all love Subarus. Don said Ass Hat in a Subaru. He insulted the driver, not the car. Chill, man!!!

Ass-Hats drive Nissans, Mercs, BMWs, Hondas....

even how can he insult the driver ? it was a not a race and the biker was behind the car and then crahsed, so how can some ass hat insulting the driver for bikers stupidity, another thing is that day bike didnt had front brakes and as i heard his order came yesterday, very unlucky

I agree with Peri. A guy has died, lets pay him our respects, regardless of the circumstance and lets hope this will knock some sense in to the Boy Racers in all of us. Speed Kills.

There is no such thing as a good driver. There are only those who have crashed and those who are yet to crash.

Just becasue we drive cars that we see do some unbelievable tricks does not mean we have to emulate them in our own backyards putting so many lives including ours in danger.

A license to drive is not a license to kill.

If you see some Johnny wanting to race you in a tricked out Subaru, Honda, Nissan , Mazda, Bajaj, Maruti or what ever, let them win by default and get on with your lives.

Well said.......

even how can he insult the driver ? it was a not a race and the biker was behind the car and then crahsed, so how can some ass hat insulting the driver for bikers stupidity, another thing is that day bike didnt had front brakes and as i heard his order came yesterday, very unlucky

Let it go mate... :)

People are entitled to their opinions.