• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Power Shutters Working Even When Switch Of Off

niro123

Question

I installed a security system from a joint in narahenpita :-), now even when i take the key out of the vehicle, the shutters are working, not automatically, just when i use the switch, Will this cause the battery to drain, its now problem for me but will it be one for the vehicle, Its an indian Suzuki Wagon r

11 answers to this question

I installed a security system from a joint in narahenpita :-), now even when i take the key out of the vehicle, the shutters are working, not automatically, just when i use the switch, Will this cause the battery to drain, its now problem for me but will it be one for the vehicle, Its an indian Suzuki Wagon r

they have messed up the wiring when they hooked up the sec system...

it wont drain your battery as long as you don't excessively keep on using the power shutters...

another important thing that might be worth checking is to see what else works with the key off...

why don't you take the car back and get those fellas to rectify it... always good to have things working the way they were meant to be working IMO :D

they have messed up the wiring when they hooked up the sec system...

it wont drain your battery as long as you don't excessively keep on using the power shutters...

another important thing that might be worth checking is to see what else works with the key off...

why don't you take the car back and get those fellas to rectify it... always good to have things working the way they were meant to be working IMO :D

I did take it back, Now the dude says that some one else had wired the small black box that controls everything else and he has to remove everything, its double the work now.....

Im taking it back this sunday, And nothing else is working , but i did try something like this,

disconnected one battery terminal, then connected one node of a multimeter to the battery and the other to the disconnected terminal, there is a lot of current passing by, around 8A, is this normal

can you reveal the "joints" name?. so everybody will be aware of these "professionals". Mods will be ok with this i guess :rolleyes:

I did take it back, Now the dude says that some one else had wired the small black box that controls everything else and he has to remove everything, its double the work now.....

Im taking it back this sunday, And nothing else is working , but i did try something like this,

disconnected one battery terminal, then connected one node of a multimeter to the battery and the other to the disconnected terminal, there is a lot of current passing by, around 8A, is this normal

8A is a lot to be flowing when the car's not even running. In theory there shouldnt b a current flowing at all! You really should get it checked out IMO!

can you reveal the "joints" name?. so everybody will be aware of these "professionals". Mods will be ok with this i guess :rolleyes:

No its this place in chitra lane in , the name is "westar " i think, they frequently advertised on hitad, so i assumed they were for real, now the whole electrical system is screwed :-(

8A is a lot to be flowing when the car's not even running. In theory there shouldnt b a current flowing at all! You really should get it checked out IMO!

Guys, any reliable place that i could take this to , so that i wont get ripped off again, thought of taking it to A*W , any comments

Guys, any reliable place that i could take this to , so that i wont get ripped off again, thought of taking it to A*W , any comments

I used to take my car to Nishantha AutoElectricians, Zoo Road, Dehiwela. They do a good job for a fair price.

I guess the first thing A*W will say is that the warranty on your car is now void

Niro,

There is a relay which controls the power to the power window. Its powered (the relay) when the key is in "ON" position and releases back when the key is returned to ACC or LOCK position. In rare cases relays tend to touch (touch and hold) there contacts permanently due to a small sparks occurred when they are in use.

So, smtimes ur car might b having that kind of issue.

Try n chk that relay by replacing it with a known to be working one...

Niro,

There is a relay which controls the power to the power window. Its powered (the relay) when the key is in "ON" position and releases back when the key is returned to ACC or LOCK position. In rare cases some relays tend to touch (touch and hold) there contacts permanently due to a small sparks occurred when they are in use.

So, smtimes ur car might b having that kind of problem.

Try n chk that relay by replacing it with a known working one...