• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

X Trail Gt

npk

Well i drove one

Best x-periance

Well it had 280bhp for real and only a 2liter engine that did about 10 to the liter

I can't imagine why some automakers make 4.8 v8 's and still do not manage that performance

Greatest suv to own

unfortunately i own a non transferable so i can't buy one

Wats your point bro ? :blink:

lot of newbies posting good about brands of a particular agent.. Hmm and i know of few fellows driving not the gt version but the standard edition of the said model and its known as a guzzler. Does max about 6 to 8 so 10 is bit of exaggeration

Back after ages! The new X-trail with the 2.4 L petrol and the CVT returns a really good economy. I get close to 9 kms/litre. I don't think the engine has changed between the model upgrades... so economy should be good. As for the GT, I'd go for the Subie Forrester instead because the X-trail chassis is terrible around corners.

lot of newbies posting good about brands of a particular agent.. Hmm and i know of few fellows driving not the gt version but the standard edition of the said model and its known as a guzzler. Does max about 6 to 8 so 10 is bit of exaggeration

the latest trend.... SOCIAL MARKETING !!!

Hi Friend. Did you advertise your Xtrail GT on last Sunday's newspapers or are you advertising it on this Sunday? Whatever it is, 10kmpl is rubbish...unless you live in a country where you can constantly drive at 80+kmph

Or going down hill on neutral 70 % of your drive

We owned an X-Trail and unfortunately don’t agree with many here.Ours was a manual NA2.5 and never was thirsty.An average 8.5km/l thirsty you call it?Didnt give unwarranted snags apart from most general type to all.10km/l not possible I guess.Mine was best tuned nicely driven TLC.

True that many spares not available in SL.At agents prices are as high as em are made of gold.Very difficult to sell. Finally sold at a 500K loss.GT is a great nightmare.PM me will give a number of a happy owner spent morethan half a million rupees for repairs in 3 months time.More bills yet to reach.

MINIACE

We owned an X-Trail and unfortunately don’t agree with many here.Ours was a manual NA2.5 and never was thirsty.An average 8.5km/l thirsty you call it?Didnt give unwarranted snags apart from most general type to all.10km/l not possible I guess.Mine was best tuned nicely driven TLC.

True that many spares not available in SL.At agents prices are as high as em are made of gold.Very difficult to sell. Finally sold at a 500K loss.GT is a great nightmare.PM me will give a number of a happy owner spent morethan half a million rupees for repairs in 3 months time.More bills yet to reach.

MINIACE

if it's constantly over 8 is good that is again manual and I assume depends on the driver. But the ones I know of, well there's a fleet of them and are auto and mostly in city driving does about 6 average.

I used one for one year until last months, She never did 8 in the city and this was a non GT, I never had any major issues

if it's constantly over 8 is good that is again manual and I assume depends on the driver. But the ones I know of, well there's a fleet of them and are auto and mostly in city driving does about 6 average.

MINIACE

just out of curiosity machang what sort of problems did your friend come across in the GT????

MINIACE

i think does 10km/l ,but most prob on tow

The X-trail GT is powered by the SR20VET, which despite some cutting edge technology(VVT + Turbo) and impressive performance figures, has long been discontinued and was only ever used in the JDM X-trail GT, no other Nissan vehicles have this engine. Makes you wonder why, doesn't it? Wouldn't surprise me if reliability (or lack thereof) was the reason it never became mainstream. That said, there's a fair number of them on the roads here and I assume A*W is fully equipped to maintain them(?).

BS dude. There were flat out two reasons it was cheaper. Fuel economy and worries about the CVT gearbox. NOT worries over the engine. SR engines have been around for years, and the SR20DET have been in GTiRs since the mid 90s. It wasn't used in any other cars coz Nissan was recovering from a bad financial position and old Carlos wasn't into racing models unless it translated into sales. There's simply not enough market unless they put it in a small SUV. That 2l turbo performance market is pretty well locked up by the Evo and WRX. All the American market cars, well Americans like big engines, not 2l Turbos, however good. JDM, with the cost of fuel and taxation, they are all going kei car. There will be a small market for an AWD Primera Evo, but not enough for Nissan to retool a production line.

BS dude. There were flat out two reasons it was cheaper. Fuel economy and worries about the CVT gearbox. NOT worries over the engine. SR engines have been around for years, and the SR20DET have been in GTiRs since the mid 90s. It wasn't used in any other cars coz Nissan was recovering from a bad financial position and old Carlos wasn't into racing models unless it translated into sales. There's simply not enough market unless they put it in a small SUV. That 2l turbo performance market is pretty well locked up by the Evo and WRX. All the American market cars, well Americans like big engines, not 2l Turbos, however good. JDM, with the cost of fuel and taxation, they are all going kei car. There will be a small market for an AWD Primera Evo, but not enough for Nissan to retool a production line.

To add to that- Nissan would never take a chance with the JDM market by bringing in a dodgy engine. If there is an issue with the motor its prob caused by some sort of local issue (maybe our fuel?)

and dont forget that nissan were planning to come out with their sporty SUV the murano around that time as well with the 350z's engine installed...and they did not want another from their own product line to compete with that...so their 2ltr turbo was the perfect engine for a mildly spruced up x-trail...them faulty engine rumours are just BS.

Yikes! Didn't mean to touch a nerve or question the quality of the SR series (owned one myself in the past) :blush:

Great points all round, I suppose there may be some negative presumptions in the local market (only) which would explain the low prices and difficulty selling. Good to see some support for the brand too (guessing you gents all own Nissans?) ^_^

(guessing you gents all own Nissans?) ^_^

nope(except for a double cab some years back)...but i have tremendous admiration for the brand especially since the alliance with renault,,futhermore i think they have the most complete line up of vehicles in the world,covering almost every aspect...and me is also a big fan of it's boss carlos ghosn(coming only second to lapo elkann of the fiat group)