• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Hot Hatch Ever Driven?

GTAm

Just got very curious after reading a rave article in a Classic car mag about the Pug 205 GTI. It seems every motoring journo is raving mad about the car. So it must be great.

Anyone here has experienced?

My hot hatch experience is quite limited. Prev Gen Civic Type R, Mk 6 Golf GTI and my 1980 Alfa Sud Sprint Veloce. Can't think of any other.......

Just got very curious after reading a rave article in a Classic car mag about the Pug 205 GTI. It seems every motoring journo is raving mad about the car. So it must be great.

My hot hatch experience is quite limited. Prev Gen Civic Type R, Mk 6 Golf GTI and my 1980 Alfa Sud Sprint Veloce. Can't think of any other.......

205 GTI or T16 which is a mid engined rally car ....

You wanna test drive a hot hatch? Try mine. :)

hmmm me is not a big fan of hatches,but i have a lot of respect for the lil' buggers...i've driven a fair few and liked them all...driven honda eg8 hatch,cultus,imprezza hatch,charade,astina,chrysler pt cruiser(is it a hatch???)....

also i'm in love with the NEW suzuki swift,i just looove it's styling and i honestly believe it will someday become a classic...not a bad drive either.

i've heard the vzr is also good fun...maybe someday peri would let me find out for myself ne??? :D

Top 5

5. Golf R32 - (in the middle east)

4. Proton Satria GTi

3. Citroen Saxo VTS

2. Renault 5 GT Turbo

1. Renault Clio 182 - (in the middle east)

The most memorable was a Fiat 600D which belonged to a client of mine, it took only 10 mins and was confined to Charles Drive. absolute fun, not exactly a 'hot hatch' but it was right up there in the fun meter.

FOFE8893.jpg

hey, it was fun going slow and not having to lift off the pedal on turns and the gear shift was like "go ahead buddy, throw it into wherever you want and I'll surprise you" 'cos it was so damn sloppy ... lol

Edited by MeanGreenZ28

Nice thread :D

Was wondering whether Minis could be considered as hot hatches.....

Of course it is! Well as far as the new ones go (the exception being the convertable and the clubman). The new Mini's pretty nippy err...so to speak ;)

Edited by Kavvz

hmmm me is not a big fan of hatches,but i have a lot of respect for the lil' buggers...i've driven a fair few and liked them all...driven honda eg8 hatch,cultus,imprezza hatch,charade,astina,chrysler pt cruiser(is it a hatch???)....

Yeap the PT Cruiser is a hatchback...

only hatch so to speak i have driven was the fiat punto..the model prior to the grand punto....luv the performance on that...and the little bugger can manage to zip through the streets and luv the way the little engine roar.... :jumping-smiley-013:

FOFE8893.jpg

hey, it was fun going slow and not having to lift off the pedal on turns and the gear shift was like "go ahead buddy, throw it into wherever you want and I'll surprise you" 'cos it was so damn sloppy ... lol

oohh yes this car is really fun to drive . the 1300 is quite powerfull for it's weight , and specially in Sl this is really Nippy( believe me a 1.8ltr proton Waja couldn't keep up in kataragama road

hmm nice topic ... where to start if you come down from the best

1. VW scorocco thats one sexy ride

2. renault clio

3. MINI (super car)

4. VW golf GTI / R32

5.civic hatch's

would love to try the fiat 500 though it will take a bit of time to fit into ..... :rolleyes: