• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vios Spoiler

psw

Guys,

Could u please let me know a place to buy a spoiler for my vios(E class) 2004) and how much it will cost? and a place to buy a security system and the price

Thanks

dono about spoiler,

for security systems, S*n lanka is good.

will cost abt 10k-11k for security system with impact sensors.

Guys,

Could u please let me know a place to buy a spoiler for my vios(E class) 2004) and how much it will cost? and a place to buy a security system and the price

Thanks

Head down to delkanda on highlevel road as mazdaspeed mentioned. There are plenty of body parts shops in that area and they willl def be able to sort you out since the vios is a very popular model. Somewhere like Autobase will work i guess...

Guys,

Thanks

I fixed a spoiler on to my Vios a few weeks ago. Bought it from Japan Lanka Kalubowila. It cost me 3000 Rs. Painting & fixing it cost another 4500 Rs, and it looks nice on the car. Fixing was done at Sudath Auto Kalubowila

For Security systems, Sun Lanka is the best place IMO.

I'm bit curious on how they fix the spoiler. do they drill the body? What about corrosion after few months?

:unsure:

In some cases they drill, and in some cases, they paste it using 3M tape. It actually depends on the spoiler.

When drilled, they use Silicone glue around the drilled area & the gap between the spoiler & boot lid, hence, if done properly, there should be no corrosion.

Edited by Az

Guys,

Thanks

BTW, the original Vios spoiler was available at one of the place in Delkanda for Rs. 14,500 (brand new), I didn't like it though, coz it is a bit too small.

Guys,

Thanks

Guys, thank you very much for your replies .

All these spoilers are just for the looks right? I wonder how much a proper aerodynamically efficiant spoiler would be for the vios (or any car for that matter)? And from where in SL we can get them? Something that would keep the car very steady at about 140 150 km/h? :rolleyes:

Edited by virensti

All these spoilers are just for the looks right? I wonder how much a proper aerodynamically efficiant spoiler would be for the vios (or any car for that matter)? And from where in SL we can get them? Something that would keep the car very steady at about 140 150 km/h? :rolleyes:

Any auto engineers to comment here at what spead (in average) real effect of spoiler comes to play. In genaral I feel at speed of 150Kmph also we don't need a spoiler to keep car stable.

I mean how many sedans in japan or america has spoilers with average day to day speed well over 120 - 150.

BTW I'll have a spoiler too.. just to look good and feel good :blink:

Yeah, in SL, spoilers are mostly for looks. Where on SL can u go at 150Kmph? Anyway, it is illegal to drive at that speed on normal roads, so there is no use talking about it.

Any auto engineers to comment here at what spead (in average) real effect of spoiler comes to play. In genaral I feel at speed of 150Kmph also we don't need a spoiler to keep car stable.

I mean how many sedans in japan or america has spoilers with average day to day speed well over 120 - 150.

BTW I'll have a spoiler too.. just to look good and feel good :blink:

yeah but there max speeds are 120 130, the normal speed limit in europe and USA etc is 70 mph (some countries have 80). and thats 112 km/h.(128 if its 80 mph) So yeah at 140 150 spoilers DO make a diff. (i mean proper aerodynamic ones) Thats why some guys who race at Katukurunda in the standard car events (and other events) remove their spoilers cause they get about 170 180 km/h down the katu straights and they say the spoilers hold the cars back abit past 150.

Edited by virensti

Yeah, in SL, spoilers are mostly for looks. Where on SL can u go at 150Kmph? Anyway, it is illegal to drive at that speed on normal roads, so there is no use talking about it.

Well yes it is quite hard to hit that speed on normal SL roads. But i'm just asking out of curiosity, and not to mention the fact that on our race tracks in SL people do get alot more than that in the standard car event (which is minimal to none mods) so thats why I wanted to know. :)

Edited by virensti

well, spoilers have different configurations and applications, but as a ballpark, most factory items make a difference above 140 km/h. this can be especially felt on light hot hatches and smaller cars with high outputs.

well, spoilers have different configurations and applications, but as a ballpark, most factory items make a difference above 140 km/h. this can be especially felt on light hot hatches and smaller cars with high outputs.

Yup yup, thats why I'm interested. :) when you say factory items, do you mean ones like what Az has said

"BTW, the original Vios spoiler was available at one of the place in Delkanda for Rs. 14,500 (brand new), I didn't like it though, coz it is a bit too small."

Are those ones under "Factor spec" ?? Lemmie know please thanks :)

Yup yup, thats why I'm interested. :) when you say factory items, do you mean ones like what Az has said

"BTW, the original Vios spoiler was available at one of the place in Delkanda for Rs. 14,500 (brand new), I didn't like it though, coz it is a bit too small."

Are those ones under "Factor spec" ?? Lemmie know please thanks :)

Hi Viren

factory spec is what comes on the performance version; i believe there was a turbo version in the thai market. sorry am unable to get a picture of the relevant item, but the factory item is almost flush with the bootlid.

putting on an incorrect spoiler will not give any benefit other than looks.

cheers

Hi Viren

factory spec is what comes on the performance version; i believe there was a turbo version in the thai market. sorry am unable to get a picture of the relevant item, but the factory item is almost flush with the bootlid.

putting on an incorrect spoiler will not give any benefit other than looks.

cheers

Ah yes I know. sigh thanks Sadath, but it doesnt have to be the factory spec spoiler for the vios, I was just wondering where our local racers get there spoilers from. :unsure: (and not the air plane wings you get on most civic's!!) I mean the proper racing spoilers. thanks anyways, cheers.