• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Mixes Up With Engine Oil

harshansenadhir

Question

took the jeep for the second service after the engine re-built on last Sunday. For your information, I did the first service including oil and filter change after 800kms of the rebuilt and this service just after 2500 kms of the rebuilt that is to be extra generous on the engine. But to my horror the guy did the service told me that considerable amount of diesel mixed up with engine oil so literally he drained more engine oil than he poured in during the previous service. I was horrified and it was the first time of such nature issue occurred to a vehicle I had and most of them being diesels. Changed the plans and poured in loose engine oil as oppose to branded canned ones and now trying to find out the culprit whether it's the Diesel Pump or valve sheets or injectors or return lines or what.

have you guys come across similar issue ? esp in 4DR5 engine? what else should I start look at before rip off the engine again.

5 answers to this question

Hi mate,

I have seen something similar to this, it could be a leaky injector. This normally happens when you shut off the engine and pressure from the fuel lines pushes fuel through the open injector causing it to leak down the cylinder into the sump.

Do you get a puff of white smoke when you first start in the morning?

Edited by Kadaffi

yeah and the engine shakes unusually during the first few seconds

Yeah, its a very strong possibility it is a leaky injector, white smoke is unburnt diesel, and shaking is the misfire from the flooded cylinder. I would pull out the injectors and either get them reconditioned or buy new ones. For reassurance I would also do a engine compression test to check if compression is within limits.

Hope that helps

Yeah, its a very strong possibility it is a leaky injector, white smoke is unburnt diesel, and shaking is the misfire from the flooded cylinder. I would pull out the injectors and either get them reconditioned or buy new ones. For reassurance I would also do a engine compression test to check if compression is within limits.

Hope that helps

thanks for shedding a light on this. However, I've replaced all 4 injectors with brand new stuff and engine re-built not more than 3 months ago plus these are mechanical fuel injection so literally when the pump is not working there can't be pressure in the lines hence at the injector ..

thanks for shedding a light on this. However, I've replaced all 4 injectors with brand new stuff and engine re-built not more than 3 months ago plus these are mechanical fuel injection so literally when the pump is not working there can't be pressure in the lines hence at the injector ..

feel bit bad about not updating this after finding the real issue. It was a cracked diesel pump housing which kept on mixing diesel into engine oil.