• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Inflating Tires With Nitrogon Gas

abramoon

Hi all,

Nitrogen is an inert gas so is safe and also the pressure is more accurately maintained when the tyres heat up under extreme driving conditions. I very much doubt any improvements will be noticed by the driver or the passengers in the vehicle during normal use. In my openion it is an expensive way of inflating tyres with little benifit to the user.

Maithri.

P.S. I believe helium was mentioned as a joke!

Spoke to the IOC tire-inflating bloke a few weeks back. Apparently there's a lot of issues with newly inflated tires holding the pressure...lots of people returning with leaking tires!

Have to take this with a pinch of salt though- because i guess the new N-filling stands (and charges) mean that they don't get their standard tips- and hence resentment and malicious rumour-spreading.

As Elvis says, probably only worthwhile for low profile tyres...

Spoke to the IOC tire-inflating bloke a few weeks back. Apparently there's a lot of issues with newly inflated tires holding the pressure...lots of people returning with leaking tires!

Have to take this with a pinch of salt though- because i guess the new N-filling stands (and charges) mean that they don't get their standard tips- and hence resentment and malicious rumour-spreading.

i'd bet this has a lot to do with the tipping scene :)

the normal air dude is dissing Notrogen pretty badly cos he wont get any tips :D

having said all that...i still think Notrogen doesn't give you much in our driving conditions...

especially if you are the type of guy who checks your normal air pressure often and maintain it properly...

after all the atmosphere already contains nearly 80 percent N... And even IOC wont be able to completely "empty" you tyres before pumping N...

So you will never get 100% N in there... POssibly 95% or so :)

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/nitrogen.html

i'd bet this has a lot to do with the tipping scene :)

the normal air dude is dissing Notrogen pretty badly cos he wont get any tips :D

having said all that...i still think Notrogen doesn't give you much in our driving conditions...

especially if you are the type of guy who checks your normal air pressure often and maintain it properly...

after all the atmosphere already contains nearly 80 percent N... And even IOC wont be able to completely "empty" you tyres before pumping N...

So you will never get 100% N in there... POssibly 95% or so :)

Nope I dont think the N is popular enough (yet) to hamper the tipping situ, as very few people would spend for something that has a free alternative- Some of the concerns may have a basis, as I myself have a seen few cars coming back for pressure checks.