• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Changes To Motor Traffic Act

SHAI

@Niranjan: The fitness cert is for any vehicle registered as a lorry. I think its required for busses too.

Thanks Watchman, good to know. The Section says [196(5)] shall so I do not know whether there is any discretion on the letter of the law. In my personal opinion it is time for a whole revamp of this piece of legislation rather than intermittently bringing in amendments. Also I think this practice of bringing in regulations through gazette should not be done. This piece of legislation should be easily accessible and understandable by any person which is in my opinion not the case now.

Yep the Fitness Test is a joke! My 4DR5 jeep (which is a 28 Sri Registration) requires a fitness test. When I go for the Fitness Test, I simply walk in and ask for it. The guy proceeds to issue the cert with no regard to the actual vehicle. Occasionally, he asks where the vehicle is and I say its parked outside. Not once in the past decade has he actually looked at the vehicle. In fact a couple of times I went in another vehicle and claimed the vehicle was right outside. :D

• Like 1