• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb15 Fuel Consumption

ob1-w4n

Hi Guys,

Its my first post here. I recently bought a FB-15 (YOM 2002 with the new shell) Auto transmission. After I bought it I drove it a couple hundred KM within colombo with oct 95 fuel and it did around 10.5 KmPL. But there was a problem, the engine would not start if I don't give some throttle when i turn the key. So I took it to A*W they changed the injectors and replaced the fuel filter and plugs and tuned the engine. I also changed all 4 tires. After that i went outstation (rathnapura and awissawella) when i came back i noticed not the car only does around 9.5 KMPL even outstations. I am clueless as to why this happened, when I called A*W they said to bring it back to test. I am a bit reluctant to go them unless I must because they tend to rip you off. Please advice.

Regards

If I am correct, this is a well known problem of 2002 FB-15.

I think the problem is with the Air Flow sensor (or similar sensor); replacing the sensor will restore everything.

The guys working in A*W should know about this very well.

Rgds,

Chan

Hi Guys,

Its my first post here. I recently bought a FB-15 (YOM 2002 with the new shell) Auto transmission. After I bought it I drove it a couple hundred KM within colombo with oct 95 fuel and it did around 10.5 KmPL. But there was a problem, the engine would not start if I don't give some throttle when i turn the key. So I took it to A*W they changed the injectors and replaced the fuel filter and plugs and tuned the engine. I also changed all 4 tires. After that i went outstation (rathnapura and awissawella) when i came back i noticed not the car only does around 9.5 KMPL even outstations. I am clueless as to why this happened, when I called A*W they said to bring it back to test. I am a bit reluctant to go them unless I must because they tend to rip you off. Please advice.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

HI

have you replaced the same profile and size tires or different size and profile tires ? because change of tire size and profile will affect the fuel consumption heavily, we Had FB15 of GX-5--- series few years back it never did more than 7 kmpl per liter at colombo, once it came to 10 once when i went to trincomalie,

thanks

regards

Sumith

Edited by Sumiya

• 4 weeks later...

I really can't understand why people go for FB15.

It lacks in fuel efficiency, design, performance

Only thing it got is enough spares available.

Please note i'm not against Nissans. But i've noticed FB15 does very bad on fuel, last week i took one to Kurunegala - Kandy.. it did only around 8Kmpl. Where as others cars like EK3 does 15 - 16

Hi Guys,

Regards

Thats a bit of a unfortunate situation. Your problem might not have needed an injector change at all. A simple throttle body cleaning would have solved the issue. Before changing the stuff, get a scan done from a reputed place and make sure you are present at all times with the vehicle to see what ever they are doing, dont hesitate to ask questions, if they say your injectors spray pattern is not good, ask why and be there to vitness the spray pattens while they are testing. Agents tend to change everything unecessary.

Please note i'm not against Nissans. But i've noticed FB15 does very bad on fuel, last week i took one to Kurunegala - Kandy.. it did only around 8Kmpl. Where as others cars like EK3 does 15 - 16

100% agreed

Hi all,

This is my first note :rolleyes:

but I was watching you guys communicating which is very nice and I learnt a lot to be frank.Thanks to everyone.

Hi Nilantha,

Believe the numbers you have given are overstated,

I have been looking for a EK3 for some time and spoke some of my friends who drive EK3s with reference to fuel efficiency and received some numbers ,but none of them do add up with your numbers and the best number I got is 11km withing the city and about 13 oustations.

Please correct me if I am wrong .Therefore I thought the milege is, more or less , the same when it comes to Honda and Nissan.And finally made up my mind to go for a Nissan N16 (Lets say Sylphy) just because I am struglling to find a good EK3.(Still looking for)

If anyone of U drives n16 sylphy pls give me your feedback.

Thanks again to everyone

I'm amazed. Specially considering I got more than 10 from my FN-15 with a SR16VE engine with high lift cams while going to Kandy last month. Which I felt was pretty good considering I was going uphill in traffic and got there in two and a half hours, after starting from Dehiwela and going right thru Colombo to the Kelaniya bridge.

Hi

Mine does 8.5-9.5 in Colombo. Driving in heavy traffic both ways. Did 14+ when I went to Kalutara recently and once when drove there at night did even better.

Its not uncomfortable. But what do you mean by design? Its got dual air bags, double power mirrors, three speed wipers(all of which some 121's don't have :0)

Its not meant to race but overtaking is not hazardous to your health.

PS I'm sure not the fastest driver here and don't claim to be. But I've driven from Kiribathgoda to Kotte in 14 mins(Night) Kotte to Kadawatha in 27 mins(Sunday afternoon) and that's enough performance for me(and I think I'm the target market for the FB15) :lol:

Edited by Rebel

• 1 month later...

Seems both MkX & Nilantha are against Nissan

But to me, Nissan FB15 is a nice car

Mine is doing 8~10 l/km in traffic & ~12 or even more at steady cruise

Fuel consumption is also depends on your driving style.

It is not mend for sports but nissan is a "gentlemen s' car"

Regarding the design, i am pretty much satisfied with FB15

Mate, thats your view.

but, i'm a very happy driver with 2001 Manual Ex-Saloon. No major engine repairs, yes spares are available everywhere, and it does 9-10 in City limits with AC. having a 1.5lt engine and with well comfort, i dont mind driving a FB15 rather going for a Auto transmtion on a long distance.

you must have drivn a car which was not takn good care in tuning, and reqular checkups. but, i have seen most of the happy FN-15 and FB-15 drivers around the city.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys,

I'm driving a FB15 2001 Ex saloon (1.5 auto) which is really a comfortable drive. If we talk about the fuel consumption, yeah it doesn't hit the 15km per l mark like 121s do, but for me in bumper to bumper traffic it does like 8.5 - 9km per l. So it's not too bad I guess. I didn't get a chance to run on a long ride but sure it'll do something around 10.5 at least.

And the design... I really like the design both interior and exterior coz it's not an alternative for Lambogini but I'd call it a family car. So for a car of that category this is a really nice design and I'm really impressed with the interior too.

End of the day... a car like this for 1.5 - 1.6 mill... yeah it's a good deal :)

(I don't say that FB15 is the best car in the market but it's a nice car :D )

Hi all,

This is my first note :rolleyes:

but I was watching you guys communicating which is very nice and I learnt a lot to be frank.Thanks to everyone.

Hi Nilantha,

Believe the numbers you have given are overstated,

I have been looking for a EK3 for some time and spoke some of my friends who drive EK3s with reference to fuel efficiency and received some numbers ,but none of them do add up with your numbers and the best number I got is 11km withing the city and about 13 oustations.

Please correct me if I am wrong .Therefore I thought the milege is, more or less , the same when it comes to Honda and Nissan.And finally made up my mind to go for a Nissan N16 (Lets say Sylphy) just because I am struglling to find a good EK3.(Still looking for)

If anyone of U drives n16 sylphy pls give me your feedback.

Thanks again to everyone

I drove a EK3 more than 5 years in colombo before I bought a Es 1. Beleive me my car was in superb condition and did maintenence in time right through out at Stafford and even you don't feel that engine is running when you are on the driving seat.

It did only 10 km per litre in colombo and out station(Colombo- Gampola) did only 12 km/lt . This figures are exactly correct sine I pump gas always full tank. Any way I am not a slow or modarate driver.

hi,

yeah 8-10 per Leater is kinda normal for a family car I guess (except the VVTI toyotas and maruties). My fb15 does like 8.5-9 and some say that their cars do about 10... so what I think is it all depends on the way you drive and the traffic that you are riding in. it could be 10km per L or it could be 8km per L or may be ever lesser. :) So, if you are looking for a family car which has good space and you can find spares easily and if it fits into your dream then go for it. That's the best thing to do.

And Hondas... I think they are good cars and much better in performances than the nissans. But the spares... you'll have to spend a lot on spares. That's my concern :)

• 6 years later...

Hi guys,

I have the same issue. I am having a Ex saloon FB15.

It also does up to 8km pL  hardly in town limits.

Not more than 9-9.5km pL at outstations.(but this I have not been to details very much)

I am using 92 Octane for the moment.

19 minutes ago, gtd said:

Hi guys,

I have the same issue. I am having a Ex saloon FB15.

It also does up to 8km pL  hardly in town limits.

Not more than 9-9.5km pL at outstations.(but this I have not been to details very much)

I am using 92 Octane for the moment.

The figures are about right. In town limits an auto car hardly gets engaged to the 3rd gear, and we can't expect it to do good in fuel. 8 is a good figure for a city limit. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

The figures are about right. In town limits an auto car hardly gets engaged to the 3rd gear, and we can't expect it to do good in fuel. 8 is a good figure for a city limit. 

And to be honest with you different different fuel figures on same range of Nissan engines are conventional ???

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, Sellaperumal Suthahar said:

Nissan fb 15 per litter howmany kms done? 

as others have mentioned above something around 8-10 kmpl will be what to expect. Will be better outstations/highway driving. 

1 hour ago, Sellaperumal Suthahar said:

Nissan fb 15 per litter howmany kms done? 

You are looking at nearly 30-year-old or more cars. Fuel efficiency will depend a LOT on the condition of the car (engine wear, gearbox condition, wheel alignment/tracking, etc...). If the car is in good shape for what its age is with average or less than average wear and tear, then yes...you could hope to get what @matroska had mentioned.