• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spotted- Pontiac Starchief Under Restoration In Sl :)

Ripper

1957-Pontiac-Star-Chief-blue-4dr-ma.jpg

that's the original and this is what i saw in a garage in wattala...close to my place :)

dsc00504l.jpg

dunno who the owner is but the car seems to be somewhat decent shape with the original straight 6 motor still intact.

nice to see classics getting restored and also much nicer to see that there are still old old cars to be found :)

hmmmm the car looks really familiar to moi :D i hear it has a auto box.

didn't check the interior that much mate... but yep these types have mostly come with an auto tranny according to the web...

1957-Pontiac-Star-Chief-blue-4dr-ma.jpg

that's the original and this is what i saw in a garage in wattala...close to my place :)

dunno who the owner is but the car seems to be somewhat decent shape with the original straight 6 motor still intact.

nice to see classics getting restored and also much nicer to see that there are still old old cars to be found :)

Agree agree, btw, can you just FIND OUT :rolleyes: IF ITS FOR SALE ? :action-smiley-060:

I don't know much about American cars but must be a nice cruiser..... 3 speed auto I reckon.

Well spotted Ripster !

Agree agree, btw, can you just FIND OUT :rolleyes: IF ITS FOR SALE ? :action-smiley-060:

I don't know much about American cars but must be a nice cruiser..... 3 speed auto I reckon.

Well spotted Ripster !

thanks mate but i doubt it's for sale cos the present owner is supposedly a wealthy businessman who's willing to spend the moolah to restore this back to original condition...

Great to see another granny getting ready.

Hope you will post more pics.Thanks Ripper mate!

MINIACE

must have a chant with the bodyshop owner to see if i can get a chance to shoot it properly once it's all done...

this pics was clicked of me phone so it's pretty crappy :D

I believe its called a Strato-Chief..'56 '57 era, the 3-speed is either a GM torque-flight or a Dyna-Flow.

not sure mate...the plates in the engine bay read "General Motors Canada"

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Pontiac/...c1950-1959.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_V8_engine

The V8 engine was introduced for the 1955 model year as the "Strato Streak". Not long before the model year introduction, Pontiac management decided that the entire line would be V8-powered. This was based on results of over 1 million test miles which was unheard of at the time.

and further googling get me only V8 versions of "strato streak" whereas the one in wattala is a straight 6

the "Star Chief" however seems to be in straight 6

so my GUESS is it's a Star Chief

I remember seeing some thing like this at Parmamkada it was white and this was some time ago

not sure mate...the plates in the engine bay read "General Motors Canada"

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Pontiac/...c1950-1959.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_V8_engine

and further googling get me only V8 versions of "strato streak" whereas the one in wattala is a straight 6

the "Star Chief" however seems to be in straight 6

so my GUESS is it's a Star Chief

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...