• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying Maruti 800 & Alto

Ek3

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Maruti is using a MPFI engine.Better than the previous version.It has some improvements and Safety features which are not present in Old cars.

Safety features-Reinforced Body,SIDE IMPACT bars,Collapsible steering,Laminated windshield,3 point Seat belts for all 4 Passengers,High mount stop lamp,Head light levelling device

And also its Having a 170mm Ground clearance which suit our Roads.....

So what else could you EXpect from a Brand new car for that Price......

All that are available in '12 year old' cars....and have been available for along time too....

i dnt get this, if u refering this to car's like Honda EG8, EK3, Lancer CB3 you are wrong, Honda EG8 was manufactured in 1992-1994 period but still its a better car than a maruti,

I feel you doing you best to market Maruti here, but its not gna work here, :rolleyes:

I too share the same opinion as Gihan. I simply don’t understand why people buy maruti’s spending over 1 Mil. Simply a Honda EG8 or even a Corolla AE 100 would be a better option than a maruti. Its combatable and most importantly you’ll be driving a ‘proper’ car :)

P.S. No offence to the people who owns small cars.

wow, EK3 machan youve certainly got this maruti bee in your bonnet in quite a big way!!

The new Maruti is using a MPFI engine.Better than the previous version.It has some improvements and Safety features which are not present in Old cars.

Safety features-Reinforced Body,SIDE IMPACT bars,Collapsible steering,Laminated windshield,3 point Seat belts for all 4 Passengers,High mount stop lamp,Head light levelling device

And also its Having a 170mm Ground clearance which suit our Roads.....

So what else could you EXpect from a Brand new car for that Price......

While all of the refinements listed above are listed in the adverts as if they were just invented by maruti, the plain fact is that EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has been present in japanese and euro cars for ohh, i dunno around 25 years, so if you're gonna argue the safety aspect when compared to a 90's honda civic or something, im afraid there really isnt much discussion.

Never forget that the car being discussed here is essentially the 1984 Suzuki Alto, with the bare minimum of improvements done to it to keep it semi-relevant in india, where it costs next to nothing...

People buy Maruti's for a reason not because they are ignorant or ill informed about the car market. and they know that its not a fast car. but some still try to 'style it out' to please the inner child or the grease monkey in them.

what we should do here is not to diss them but to make sure that it dosen't turn in to as someone said a 'budu amoooo' car.

I'd have agreed with this idea if the 800 cost 7 or 8 lakhs like it used to a few years ago. But at 1 point something million it really isnt worth the hassle as far as i can see.... The only real benefit it gives are the fuel economy and the lowish running costs. But do keep in mind that unlike a used jap car, a maruti is never gonna keep running for 100,000KM without starting to fall apart, so when you take longevity in to account, again it seems more sensible to find a well maintained 90's Honda or Toyota.

In conclusion, Not trying to put down people who buy marutis (although it may appear so), just pointing out that most of the salient arguments pushed forth by maruti fans have equally valid rebuttals.

If people really must have a maruti, then it would be adviseable to save up and go for the Alto, which if nothing else is a newer car.

well well well... this was quite interesting.. yo EK3 hope u dont work in A*W man....

if u really wanna do the maruti up.. i feel u should do it... but as the wise guys here have mentioned it will cost u a considerable amount of dough to get it done right.. and when u are done i feel u wont have a maruti anymore... and the shape of the vehicle doesnt make it any easier either to get it to look aerodynamic.... sooo hmmmm.... however maybe putting a 1.3l in there if the space permits with an defa upgrade on the brakes might make that lady bird fast of the blocks me thinks... at least u could beat a few cars on the first 200M me feels....

my 2 cents...

If people really must have a maruti, then it would be adviseable to save up and go for the Alto, which if nothing else is a newer car.

Agree with it, Alto feels far more better than M800 and better investment than M800 . However with A/C Alto feels bit underpowered, because A/C compressor is 110cc and engine is 800cc.

oh well.... wanted to stay away from this but then that would be rather rude :lol:

i too had a very small budget when i went for my car and the decision was split between either a maruti or an older jap car... had a max of 1.1mil to spend...

after having traveled a bit with a friend who owns a maruti, rather new one at that and kept in good shape...it was quite an easy decision to bite the bullet and go for an older jap.....

to me being nearly 6ft tall...the leg space in the maruti was quite inadequate... even for quick trip in the city if you leave alone the longer drives...

the ac is quite horrible and the pulling power is just awful.... i bet my older mountain bike could out run it on a good day...

also if you wanna haul butt with some luggage in the boot, the maruti just want be able to take it...

So i thought of going for an older jap sedan... for my budget i could find eg8s, ae100s, mazda familias, lancers and nissan sunnys...

i finally went for a ae100 sprinter se limited...

i did have an ecu issue which was the only major issue so far... the ac needed re-gassing and needed a core replacement... i would have totally spent about a lakh max on it so far...

and TO me IMHO, i made the right call with this car :)

I still get very good economy, car is very reliable and parts are freely available, if i wanna sell it i should be able to flog it off very quickly etc etc etc etc...

About a month before i got my car, a guy in office had slightly higher budget and went for a bnew alto...

he enjoys a little bit more fuel efficacy that i do and possible little less repairs since it's a new car...

but when it comes to space, comfort, safety, ability to haul butt etc.... the alto doesn't come even close to an older jap car in the same price range... :)

oh well.... wanted to stay away from this but then that would be rather rude :lol:

i too had a very small budget when i went for my car and the decision was split between either a maruti or an older jap car... had a max of 1.1mil to spend...

after having traveled a bit with a friend who owns a maruti, rather new one at that and kept in good shape...it was quite an easy decision to bite the bullet and go for an older jap.....

to me being nearly 6ft tall...the leg space in the maruti was quite inadequate... even for quick trip in the city if you leave alone the longer drives...

the ac is quite horrible and the pulling power is just awful.... i bet my older mountain bike could out run it on a good day...

also if you wanna haul butt with some luggage in the boot, the maruti just want be able to take it...

So i thought of going for an older jap sedan... for my budget i could find eg8s, ae100s, mazda familias, lancers and nissan sunnys...

i did have an ecu issue which was the only major issue so far... the ac needed re-gassing and needed a core replacement... i would have totally spent about a lakh max on it so far...

I still get very good economy, car is very reliable and parts are freely available, if i wanna sell it i should be able to flog it off very quickly etc etc etc etc...

About a month before i got my car, a guy in office had slightly higher budget and went for a bnew alto...

he enjoys a little bit more fuel efficacy that i do and possible little less repairs since it's a new car...

but when it comes to space, comfort, safety, ability to haul butt etc.... the alto doesn't come even close to an older jap car in the same price range... :)

There ya go.... straight from the horses mouth, as it were. Genuine consumer advice there!

Hey u cant compare AE100 sprinter se limited with a maruti, AE100 is an awesome car and even i love to own one B)

Hey u cant compare AE100 sprinter se limited with a maruti, AE100 is an awesome car and even i love to own one B)

Ripper, there you go... SELL IT!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Gihan, Ripper will sell his Sprinter for .... 1.3!!

Ripper, there you go... SELL IT!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Gihan, Ripper will sell his Sprinter for .... 1.3!!

ado me :)

actually i aint selling it any time soon :)

when i'm selling it, it will be for an upgrade and now i just can't put in that extra moolah for what i wanna get.... a Hilux :)

unless of course Supra is willing to sell his ex-taliban-faded paint hilux to me with a discount :lol:

when i'm selling it, it will be for an upgrade and now i just can't put in that extra moolah for what i wanna get.... a Hilux :)

unless of course Supra is willing to sell his ex-taliban-faded paint hilux to me with a discount :lol:

Funny you should mention Hilux, mate... ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! A freind is looking for one and hunting for a prime specimen.

So the situation is nicely explained...

MINIACE

Lol i WOULD, but unfortunately i need the thing for work!! else we could even have worked out a straight swap perhaps! :D

this is about the tenth time gihan has compared me to this hola person,from what i gather i am nothing like this hola person specially considering my tastes/morals and what is in my garage...for those of you who don't know i have two of the fastest vehicles in the country(if not the fastest)...and i own some of the rarest and most valuable classic cars in the world...and i succesfully own a business that uses many heavy duty vehicles at the age of 22...

so you decide if i should be humiliated by being repetedly compared to this hola who was basically a postwhore with nothing to show...

even the people who knew me did not come to my defence and put a stop to this...so basically i can gather when i am not wanted...so i will graciously bow out with my dignity intact.,because i do not like to sink low to the level of a retard...congratulations gihanfx...you have won!

coming back to the topic when we discusing abt Maruti you taking abt what i Drive, if this is a thread abt a Subaru then its k but its not, next time try not to talk abt my stuff and that way we can keep the forum cleen,

Nice to know you are a businessmen too, if someday u decided to bring your 2 fastest vehicles to GP let us know ;)

Edited by GihanFX

i have personally met master don and can safely say he is no HOLA...... and guys come on.. this rif raf has to stop... this thread started off as a guy wanting to get our opinions on tricking out a maruti.. and look where we are now.. personally i have respect for masterdon former helrazor for what he has acchived... also gihan has done a commendable job to his scooby..

and i wish i had the success and the dough to do half of what u guys can acchive.. so take a chill pill and just give the thread starter what he intends to get.. which i think we have answered more than once already...

i have personally met master don and can safely say he is no HOLA...... and guys come on.. this rif raf has to stop... this thread started off as a guy wanting to get our opinions on tricking out a maruti.. and look where we are now.. personally i have respect for masterdon former helrazor for what he has acchived... also gihan has done a commendable job to his scooby..

and i wish i had the success and the dough to do half of what u guys can acchive.. so take a chill pill and just give the thread starter what he intends to get.. which i think we have answered more than once already...

im kool man and i didnt start this, also i dnt like anyone taking abt my personal stuff, why man i can still remember ur ride at the track day, it look awesome.

Edited by GihanFX

btw i can't understand why peri let the "3rd class" comment stand,doesnt this come under personal attacks...clearly he has read it...maybe he feels that i deserve it.

Sorry Don, totally missed it. Besides reading thru that section at past 1 am, and various FSP issues, I think I'm just getting used to it as the way GFx talks and just missed it.

Im not working at A*W.The Maruti lacks Leg room and also Head room.Yup its a wise to Go for a used Jap car If u r Buying it as a primary car.But Marutiz r Gud as 2nd cars.Im not tellin u ll to buy it.Its ma point of view.U r views May b different.And I prefer a Honda EG8 or EK3 for that Budget :rolleyes:

Edited by Ek3