• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying Maruti 800 & Alto

Ek3

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope dude.A brand new 1 costs 1.3 million.Ma friend has bought it 2 yrs back for 1million and hez spent abt 2 lakz nt sure

ayyo machan for 12 lacks he could buy a nice car which is far better than Maruti ne. pls show this thread to ur friend and stop what he gonna do. And tell him to sell that and buy sth nice. I dont think even maruti buyers will be interested in modified one. you friend will be in big trouble when it come to sell the car.

1.3 million for the car plus 2 lakhs for the mods.....

I'd just like to point out at this juncture that you can get a Subaru Legacy RS for considerably less than that..... but hey, to each his own i guess!

Yeah, I hear even that other VZR changed hands of around that price range. If you want some kinda exclusivity among the common tuner faves .... Well, there are supposed to be only 4 3-door models in SL.

Ive seen many Maruti 800s with Modifications lyk Spoilers,Dish Alloys,Side skirts etc. Does these improve marutiz Handling and Performance

Yes it does... GREATLY!!!! Do it!! If you want I can get you a set of 17 inch wheels too.. :)

Wow Mate! your friend could easily afford another Maruti for that Part Lists Price.. :P JK..

Exactly..

i think maruti performance and handling cannot be under estimated, i have driven one ( i would say thrashed it ) i was impressed what it can do . i'm sure in India there must be guys who have meddled with it and got more power. but adding fibre will not help anywhere.

Well probably it’s just the feeling you got. Even I have driven a friend’s maruti i thought i was flying but then i checked the meter it was just 80 or 90 max. Since you hear the engine revs and everything you get a feeling like that. Drive some other car and see.. you'll be doing 150 but still you wont feel like you are running at a high speed. Simply its because the way the car is built.

About the handling.. well I would say I managed not to get killed :P

People buy cars like maruti, chery QQ and other small types for a reason. And that reason is not modifying. It’ll look very odd once you modify it (that's what I think)

1.3 million for the car plus 2 lakhs for the mods.....

I'd just like to point out at this juncture that you can get a Subaru Legacy RS for considerably less than that..... but hey, to each his own i guess!

Even though one can buy a used Subaru Legacy for less than 1.5 million, it is way too expensive to run and maintain.

No other car can beat MARUTI 800s rock bottom running and maintenance costs.

However the biggest drawback in the MARUTI 800 (which in turn based on 1986 Suzuki Alto) is the lack of Booster-Assisted Brakes. (Better brakes are essential when you enhance the performance)

On the other hand MARUTI Alto (based on 1998 Suzuki Alto) is a better option.

Yup u r correct.The brakes must be upgraded.Anyway its Easy to Maintain and Easy to handle.Its good as a 2nd car.Cosmetic Mods are ok for it.But not Heavy mods.U cnt race with it.And also Sri lankan People underestimate it

Even though one can buy a used Subaru Legacy for less than 1.5 million, it is way too expensive to run and maintain.

with the money maruti owner has spend for the mods he can maintain a legazy for more than 3 yers, also we cant compare 2L Turbo AWD with a 800cc car,

Most of the Sri lankan people think that all the small cars are Below 1M.They think that their 15 20 year old cars are better than the New cars.Most of them dont Understand the differance between new technology and Old technology.Most of them dont knw what is an ECU.

with the money maruti owner has spend for the mods he can maintain a legazy for more than 3 yers, also we cant compare 2L Turbo AWD with a 800cc car,

Most of the Time a maruti owner has another car.So the Maruti is used as a 2nd car

Most of the Sri lankan people think that all the small cars are Below 1M.They think that their 15 20 year old cars are better than the New cars.Most of them dont Understand the differance between new technology and Old technology.Most of them dont knw what is an ECU.

If you tinking the new maruti has the new technology then :rolleyes:

.So its better than Buying a 12 year old car and spending on its repairs....

i dnt get this, if u refering this to car's like Honda EG8, EK3, Lancer CB3 you are wrong, Honda EG8 was manufactured in 1992-1994 period but still its a better car than a maruti,

I feel you doing you best to market Maruti here, but its not gna work here, :rolleyes:

Edited by GihanFX

The new Maruti is using a MPFI engine.Better than the previous version.It has some improvements and Safety features which are not present in Old cars.

Safety features-Reinforced Body,SIDE IMPACT bars,Collapsible steering,Laminated windshield,3 point Seat belts for all 4 Passengers,High mount stop lamp,Head light levelling device

And also its Having a 170mm Ground clearance which suit our Roads.....

So what else could you EXpect from a Brand new car for that Price......

if u ask our AL member pericles how hard him to get in to a Maruti then ull gona stop this maruti marketing thing :angry-smiley-048:

the world is not divided into automobile enthusiasts and idiots...to some people buying a nearly twenty year old jap instead of a brand new maruti may seem rational,but to others reliability,new-ness,economy,practicality comes first...as soon as you see a person with a car that you do not like,putting it down and telling them to buy a better car is not nice at all.

i think what this guy(ek3) is trying to say by all these posts is that the little indian suites HIS(not ours) needs perfectly,and if he needs to make it nicer by modifying it,so be it....if you could only enjoy yourself in them so called performance cars,we would not have had cars like the beetle,2cv,500,mini turn in to classics...you can have fun in any car!

in closing,i leave you with some wise words by that italian maestro...our own GTAm!

Any car can be modified/enhanced. Even a Morris Minor. In the UK many modify Moggies going as far as engine transplants with Rover K series and Fiat Twin Cam units. And let's not forget the Mini which started out as a small city car. People tart them up like there's no tomorrow these days.

the world is not divided into automobile enthusiasts and idiots...to some people buying a nearly twenty year old jap instead of a brand new maruti may seem rational,but to others reliability,new-ness,economy,practicality comes first...as soon as you see a person with a car that you do not like,putting it down and telling them to buy a better car is not nice at all.

i think what this guy(ek3) is trying to say by all these posts is that the little indian suites HIS(not ours) needs perfectly,and if he needs to make it nicer by modifying it,so be it....if you could only enjoy yourself in them so called performance cars,we would not have had cars like the beetle,2cv,500,mini turn in to classics...you can have fun in any car!

in closing,i leave you with some wise words by that italian maestro...our own GTAm!

very well said 'new Don'. some of the guys here have failed to get into the mindset of a Maruti owner. not everyone is blessed enough(like the majority here in AL) to buy what ever car they pleased. people buy Maruti's for a reason not because they are ignorant or ill informed about the car market. and they know that its not a fast car. but some still try to 'style it out' to please the inner child or the grease monkey in them.

what we should do here is not to diss them but to make sure that it dosen't turn in to as someone said a 'budu amoooo' car.

if you could for moment atleast take your mind off convo sti's and hyundai's...you will find that the original mini's designer,sir Alec Issigonis had a tough time getting in to his masterpiece as well...now that did not stop him did it.

ha ha ha ha

if u ask our AL member pericles how hard him to get in to a Maruti then ull gona stop this maruti marketing thing :angry-smiley-048:

:) well thats coz I'm big built. Its not so much an issue if your small :) Personally, I wouldn't buy one, and I def wouldn't modify one, but there is that guy who was running an Alto in the Auto-X scene and the 1000cc class in the local race scene right? I do agree, it has a go-kart effect that even at 40kmph it feels like your really traveling fast, and its quite daft for my needs, but it could suit others. And there was thread some time ago about modified Maruti's on the Indian drag scene, if I remember right.

Tho I will disagree on this second car theory. No doubt it has a market as a second car, I know some ppl who have it as a 2nd car, but most ppl who buy it buy it as a primary option as the cheapest option they can afford.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm also of that school of thought that says don't waste money on the mods, just collect it and buy a better car, but to quote Russel Peters "Well, whatever makes you happy".