• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying Maruti 800 & Alto

Ek3

I have No Idea of Modding a Maruti 800.I wanted 2 c u r Opinions on it.Therez a maruti which a friend of mine Owns.It has a list of cosmetic Modz+a tuned ECU+some Engine mods.So Just wanted to know about the Mods.And also JadeyBlitzen,Its not a matter to laugh.Vitz is far more Better Than Maruti but its not the best.

Machan please explain more about this " tuned ECU + Engine mods :blink:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tharindu machan...it Means its Electronic control unit is Tuned in such a way that it produces more BHP.Engine Mods are Modifications done to Improve the Cars Performance and Handling

Some mods ma Friends maruti has

Voltage stabilizer

Ground wire Kit

4 fog lamps

Type R trumpet Horn+Relay

NGK Iridiums

NGK plug wires

Lowered Coil springs

Hurricane Cone air Intake

Lightened Pulleys

Beat barrel

5000k Xenons

H1 blue Halogens for Fog lamps

Dish alloys+spacers

Leather seat covers

Leather steering cover

Sparco pedal covers

5 Bucket mats

Stabilizer bar

TypeR hand brake cover

Neons

ICE-Pioneer 1120CD player+Sony XPLOD AMP+2 JVC 4' speakers front+ JBL 6X9 iN BOXES rear+Clarion tweeters

Wow Mate! your friend could easily afford another Maruti for that Part Lists Price.. :P JK..

Edited by Ruslan

i think maruti performance and handling cannot be under estimated, i have driven one ( i would say thrashed it ) i was impressed what it can do . i'm sure in India there must be guys who have meddled with it and got more power. but adding fibre will not help anywhere.

Voltage stabilizer

Ground wire Kit

4 fog lamps

NGK Iridiums

NGK plug wires

Lowered Coil springs

Hurricane Cone air Intake

Lightened Pulleys

Beat barrel

5000k Xenons

H1 blue Halogens for Fog lamps

Dish alloys+spacers

Leather seat covers

Leather steering cover

Sparco pedal covers

5 Bucket mats

Stabilizer bar

TypeR hand brake cover

Neons

ICE-Pioneer 1120CD player+Sony XPLOD AMP+2 JVC 4' speakers front+ JBL 6X9 iN BOXES rear+Clarion tweeters

voltage stabalizers, ground wires, iri pulgs and wires, modified intake and exhaust are the basic mods most people do other than than that all the visual parts are just waste of money,

ehh? :huh:

just what kind of perfromance car are suggesting for maruti money?...and even if you find one will it have the practicality and the economy of the little indian?

look if this guy wants to rice up his maruti and stand out from the crowd,it's no skin off our bones...the best we can do is point him in the right direction...telling him to simply buy a performance car is no help at all imho.

I'm with Don on this. Any car can be modified/enhanced. Even a Morris Minor. In the UK many modify Moggies going as far as engine transplants with Rover K series and Fiat Twin Cam units. And let's not forget the Mini which started out as a small city car. People tart them up like there's no tomorrow these days.

The question is "why?" does this guy want to modify a Maruti 800? Make it look better or go better? Or both......

Of course any performance upgrade has to go hand in hand with chassis improvements to handle that added oomph.

Btw is the current Maruti 800 fuel injected or carbied?

Yup Ma opinion is the same.The thing is that the maruti800 shuld be handled with care since its light in weight.I agree with you MRM.Maruti produces 38 bhp.Its enough when considering its weight.But i ve seen some marutiz beating big cars in Long runs.Some times there must be something special with them

4 fog lamps

Leather seat covers

Leather steering cover

Sparco pedal covers

5 Bucket mats

Stabilizer bar

TypeR hand brake cover

Machang, i dont think a lot of people cosider 'seat-covers', pedal covers and 'handbrake covers' as midifications...

and the MATS???? seriously????

unless you buy a really old maruti and modify that i dont think the cost can be justified... you can buy a much faster japanese car which would be older, but better in a LOT of aspects...

Then again thats just me.... there are some people who really like to say that they 'modified' their car cos to someone who might not know as much about cars it'd look so 'kool'!!! and machang your friend seems like one of them.

Ma friend was telling that after the ECU tuning his car is producing about 5 BHP more.When considering MAruti 800 with Buddy Vans Itz far more better than a Buddy van though it lacks options

Machang, i dont think a lot of people cosider 'seat-covers', pedal covers and 'handbrake covers' as midifications...

and the MATS???? seriously????

unless you buy a really old maruti and modify that i dont think the cost can be justified... you can buy a much faster japanese car which would be older, but better in a LOT of aspects...

Then again thats just me.... there are some people who really like to say that they 'modified' their car cos to someone who might not know as much about cars it'd look so 'kool'!!! and machang your friend seems like one of them.

Anyway they r sm kinda Modification other than the stock 1s

1.3 million for the car plus 2 lakhs for the mods.....

I'd just like to point out at this juncture that you can get a Subaru Legacy RS for considerably less than that..... but hey, to each his own i guess!

1.3 million for the car plus 2 lakhs for the mods.....

I'd just like to point out at this juncture that you can get a Subaru Legacy RS for considerably less than that..... but hey, to each his own i guess!

Nope dude.A brand new 1 costs 1.3 million.Ma friend has bought it 2 yrs back for 1million and hez spent abt 2 lakz nt sure

Tharindu machan...it Means its Electronic control unit is Tuned in such a way that it produces more BHP.Engine Mods are Modifications done to Improve the Cars Performance and Handling

machan what ur friend has done to the ECU ?