• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying Maruti 800 & Alto

Ek3

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d leave the judgement to the readers.

quoted was a true incident for a reader to compare the abilities esp handling of both the cars... and you call it unfair? or illegal ? and why it changed that way simply coz there were few trying to market/boast about improved safety of a particular brand and that itself by deviating from the topic.

I think lot of effort and time is been gone to this thread. I have been reading this thread right from the begining.

Cheap marketing effort or not now you guys talking about Maruti's more often. And thread is 95% off the topic now.

But i saw some lot of vabluable information passed down even it's not relavent to this topic.

So as a conclusion Used Jap is still worth over Maruti.. and If you wanna by small car and do mods.. Mini, starlet, march, are still worth and will be better deal compare to a maruthi .. even better to go with Mazada.. Charade ..

But if your 1st and only concern is fuel efficiency and you end up with.. indian car and then later you regret when you been out run by all these Japs, you can feel good by doing some cosmetic mods and still it is worth doing it (nice paint and alloys)

you said something about MRM didn't you... ;) think on that lines, that would the alternative

sorry machang MRM was a typo meant to say 'thank you MR'

i'm still bit lost on the alternatives, are you suggesting Mini's????

lot has been said in this thread, i simply couldn't contain myself but to butt in my two cents LOL (plus i'm utterly jobless today).

... features of an automobile.

Hi all,

I tend to agree here. I don't think that anyone was trying to advocate a particular brand. BUt I do think people got a bit ruffled at having their opinions dished. Hence went to great extents to just state the obvious. Which are;

1. Jap cars are a tad bit mire advanced than the Indian counterparts. Come to think of it so are their management styles, work ethics, electronics, engineering, etc etc. (please note I AM NOT a Japananophile)

2. People almost never do change their point of view and specifically not if its at the expense of looking passive# backing off

3. Mostly adults log on to AL and their is a unwritten disclaimer that accompanies each post: ''Do not try this at home unles you do so with the full understanding that the shit may hit the fan''

4. Personal taste is .. personal, therefore it will vary. This is a fact

SO I can we all agree to disagree. :)

Having said that, damn tis was good reading#entertainment. (no crass link to the sad story about GuruG's fried or the video)

@dieahrd Buddy nobody is advocating speeding. We stopped blaming television on ruing our kids. So I guess we can stop blaming this as well. AL as a entity has not endorsed speeding or stunts in dangerous environments. I don't think the particular comment you latched on to was meant as a boast/ taunt/ dare etc. We all believe in freedom of speech and Harshan was exercising that right. To repeat your warning twice was bit excessive.

@ Supra, man I was LMAO on that Houston comment

@EK3, mate I though you drive a EK3! SO what're you actually trying to say?

And guys lets not add fuel to the fire by actually taking up the challenge on 'my car is faster than yours'

Anyways, my cent..

Cheers

sorry machang MRM was a typo meant to say 'thank you MR'

i'm still bit lost on the alternatives, are you suggesting Mini's????

lol, i got it though you said is MRM. And did anyone hear better economy in my post? And alternative should be local assembly of a better vehicle to copete in that market segment

Rebel..I drive a 2000 model EK3.But i couldnt understand y people Mod their marutiz.I thought dat they have some effect on their performance.and also i wanted to buy a Maruti alto or 800 cause it has a good fuel economy+ easy to park and also i wanted to do some mods if they affect performance.So after seeing u r opinions I thought of buying an alto.Cause its far more Better than the 800.

And i came to a conclusion that Maruti 800 and alto are cars that are not mend to Mod.They can take you from point A to B in 2 digit speed.And if want to Mod,shuld do only cosmetic mods.And also what i learnt was that sri lankan citizens lyk Jap cars and they have faith in them.And also the AL members opinion is that Marutiz are CRap.

And also MArutiz(Specially old1s) will be helpful in an attempt of sucide cause it doesnt have any safety

The conclusion-MARUTIs are not mend to MOD.They lack safety and Handling.They are badly built.Jap cars are far more better.Its worth Buying a 10-15 year old used Jap car other than buying a Brand new Maruti, also there are a lot of safety issuez and it will be helpful for a country like China to Reduce their population,Marutis dont have any technical development and the 10-15 year old Jap cars use newer technology than new Maruti,Most of the AL members hate Maruti other than Samishka and Myself(Now i hate it too) :D . And the Final conclusion is that it is not worth for its price 1.3M and it is not recommendable to buy 1

Most of the AL members hate Maruti

post Jul 6 2009, 11:05 PM

Post #2

Ive seen many Maruti 800s with Modifications lyk Spoilers,Dish Alloys,Side skirts etc. Does these improve marutiz Handling and Performance

(This was ma first question)

JadeyBlitzen

post Jul 6 2009, 11:07 PM

Post #3

please do it so i can laugh at you dry.

(This was the first answer I got)

Edited by Ek3

guys we all need to take a few Chill pills lol.

BTW am using an Alto from yesterday just to see what all da fuss is about..........

Lets see eh? Will drive it for a few days ( Actually being chaffuer driven haha ) thats the best eh?

So how about ur report abt alto

I dnt want to Market Marutiz.......Just keep dat in mind.So if u ll say dat a subaru legacy is gud I wuld say dat u ll r tryin to Market it.................

dude, people have explained why we assumed you to be pulling a cheap marketing trick, and to be honest that was exactly what it seemed like.... regardless, NO ONE CARES... Not about some crappy indian shitbox, nor pathetic attempts to market it, nada.

so case closed, topic dropped MOVE ON.

dude, people have explained why we assumed you to be pulling a cheap marketing trick, and to be honest that was exactly what it seemed like.... regardless, NO ONE CARES... Not about some crappy indian shitbox, nor pathetic attempts to market it, nada.

so case closed, topic dropped MOVE ON.

:grinning-smiley-003: