• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying Maruti 800 & Alto

Ek3

yes I saw a crashed alto and it's steering was disconnected. So less chance of crushing driver unless damage reached passenger cabin.

AFIK M800 is the ONLY car that dnt have servo assisted breaks

Nice to find a person who supports at least one of my arguments. (That is, Alto is the sensible alternative to the M800)

However I have stopped arguing further since the more I support Marutis (Except M800) through this forum i maybe indirectly supporting A*W. i don't want that to happen. :)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air bags are SRS. Suplemental Restraint systems. It goes with seatbelts. You whack a car with air bags while not wearing seatbelts you can get even more injured when a balloon expanding at pace smacks you in the face like a concrete wall, and shoves you the other way while continuing to expand to full size. Proven in crash tests, btw. The seat belt will prevent you from meeting with the air bag before its fully inflated. AKA, you can have the latest safest car with 10 air bags, but you still need to wear the belt!

its basic aint it, seat belt saves ur life

You all admire those old models because newer models are prohibitively expensive to buy.

thas totally wrong, didnt u ever heard old is gold ? anyway i love to know does any of those brand new bling bling indian cars produce 280 BHP+

Guys something very strange happened today while I was at the garage.

A young bloke pulled up in a semi riced (chapatied? :lol: ) up Maruti 800. This one had chrome n black alloys and a slightly rude sounding exhaust.

Well he walked up to the owner of the place and asked if he knew of any CK1s, CK2s or EK3s for sale!

I was wondering if it could be our very own Maruti 800 fan!?

You all admire those old models because newer models are prohibitively expensive to buy. And all of you seem to be loyal to Japanese Domestic Models.

Not at all. We had this discussion in our home about recon, second hand, brand new etc a couple of years ago. We went brand new too, only not Indian, but Malaysian. Budget of course, is over the 1 point something mill that restricts you to the M800 if you want brand new, but there are still lots of good second had options we could have at that budget at that time, including Volvo S60s and Audi A4s at time. M800s were not an option at all since it was too small. Same with the Alto. I don't even like the front seat of the March coz its like rubbing shoulders and claustrophobic.

normally Maruti drivers doesn't ware seat belts because they believe that maruti's are safe, like Ek3

Also womens normally dnt like to wear seat belts

And in that picture. damage to front area didn't reached passenger area. So my conclusion is they didn't wear belts cause fatality

Says the lady who died was driving, if you re-read that story. Hence getting trapped by the steering wheel. the guy in the passenger area seems to have survived.

Guys something very strange happened today while I was at the garage.

A young bloke pulled up in a semi riced (chapatied? :lol: ) up Maruti 800. This one had chrome n black alloys and a slightly rude sounding exhaust.

Well he walked up to the owner of the place and asked if he knew of any CK1s, CK2s or EK3s for sale!

I was wondering if it could be our very own Maruti 800 fan!?

Guys you know what ?? today in the evening i had to go and pick my cusins pc from a shop in kiribathgoda .. Guess what i had to drive a M800.. :( it was awful :( everything we discussed here came to my mind... i was ded scared to drive that car ... i felt like crying :(

it was that crapiest car i ever drove.. you have to search for the gear when you shift form 2nd to 3rd :blink:

I have a carina AT170 as my car and i think carina is heaven when compaired with this M800. mind you carina is 1990 model.

my god i feel really sorry for the people who drive those maruthis

Says the lady who died was driving, if you re-read that story. Hence getting trapped by the steering wheel. the guy in the passenger area seems to have survived.

If the steering come out in a such small accident, M800 is no safe than a 3 wheeler.

Now I have a doubt about my Alto's safety. :(

Will it be the same in case of accident?

http://www.maruti800.com/safer_drive.asp

http://www.ranamotors.in/maruti_car.asp?ca...amp;p=n&e=y

These say that Maruti has a Collapsible steering+Crumple zone in it.So they shuld take legal action against the company if a death has occured due to the fault of the car.And also the driver and the passengers should know to wear Seat belts

And also Jap vehicles are Far better than Marutis.On the Galleroad Near Ratmalana their are two Jap cars wrecked.Iaccording what I got to know Both the Drivers have died.1 is a SUNNY FB13 and the other is a Starlet GT.

So... While you guys spent the last 48 hours bickering over Chappathies with 12 inch wheels, Moi, went and brought home a 1996 BMW E36 323i. :)

If you guys remember, I have been hunting quietly for the ideal one to come my way for a while and it did, Thanks to AL. it was advertised here and I grabbed it!

6 Cylinder M50B25 Engine

5 Speed Auto (no choice in the matter)

SINGLE OWNER with 100% Agent attention... man, I think it even went there for tyre pressure checks.. :)

16 inch BMW Alloys

Sun roof

And yes.... it ROCKS!!!! Though its an Auto..... it was a great deal and I Just had to get it.

It is now parked next to my P11... looking rather pretty.

The Nineties ROCK!!!!! Kurt Cobain, REM, SEETHER, P11s and E36s!!!!!

Will post pics when I get the chance to take some nice angles.

So very MARUTI Unfriendly I AM!!!!

If the steering come out in a such small accident, M800 is no safe than a 3 wheeler.

Now I have a doubt about my Alto's safety. :(

Will it be the same in case of accident?

Only 1 way 2 find out mate :rolleyes:

These say that Maruti has a Collapsible steering+Crumple zone in it.So they shuld take legal action against the company if a death has occured due to the fault of the car.And also the driver and the passengers should know to wear Seat belts

And also Jap vehicles are Far better than Marutis.On the Galleroad Near Ratmalana their are two Jap cars wrecked.Iaccording what I got to know Both the Drivers have died.1 is a SUNNY FB13 and the other is a Starlet GT.

:P

Edited by Ek3

Gtam at which garage???....u shuld make Posters with that pic and say 1 died,3 Injured....Children lost a mother,Husband lost a wife,and paste it on AMWs wall ,so that no 1 will buy a Maruti 800

Dude, I never wanted to say this, but I think you are a few bottles short of a six pack. Princess Diana died in a S320 Merc..... no matter what precautions you take, when your time comes, you have to go. But driving sub standard, cheap, poorly made cars is flirting with the Grim Reaper. Why tempt fate? What good is all the saved money if you end up dying in that stupid Money Saving Scheme you call the Maruti?

IMHO, India could not control their population growth, so they invented the Marutis to keep the population in check... ;)

So... While you guys spent the last 48 hours bickering over Chappathies with 12 inch wheels, Moi, went and brought home a 1996 BMW E36 323i. :)

If you guys remember, I have been hunting quietly for the ideal one to come my way for a while and it did, Thanks to AL. it was advertised here and I grabbed it!

6 Cylinder M50B25 Engine

SINGLE OWNER with 100% Agent attention... man, I think it even went there for tyre pressure checks.. :)

16 inch BMW Alloys

Sun roof

And yes.... it ROCKS!!!! Though its an Auto..... it was a great deal and I Just had to get it.

Congraz mate... wanna see pics :alc:

6 Cylinder M50B25 Engine

16 inch BMW Alloys

Sun roof

congrads machan, wana see some pics soon

Gtam at which garage???....u shuld make Posters with that pic and say 1 died,3 Injured....Children lost a mother,Husband lost a wife,and paste it on AMWs wall ,so that no 1 will buy a Maruti 800

im sorry for being a little rude.. peri i hope you will for give me for this :unsure:

Mr EK3 :violent-smiley-030: talk sence.. we dont want to post pics or posters.. the guy took an example and it was a real incident.. when some one with experiance speaks please listen to them.. as a sri lankan i hope you understand the value of a mother/wife

as AL members we dont care weather this A*W sells maruthis or not .. but we do not want to see our freinds getting in to troulble thst what most of the members here wanted to say.. and i personally think AL should put a cap to cheap marketing tricks like this :angry-smiley-024:

Edited by tharindu6

yup...I also want to stop others from buying Marutiz and getting in to trouble.Dat poster will prevent a lot of SL from buying it and will also save the lyfz of many SL citizens.....Dont u think so??/

6 Cylinder M50B25 Engine

16 inch BMW Alloys

Sun roof

Wooo WooOO!!! Congrats VVti, nothing like voting with your wallet! :D

Im actually a tad jealous because i was drooling over that car myself, still its "in the family" so no worries!!

Best of luck with her mate!

hmmm// the second link doenst work.... no suprise there the place is called "rana motors" hmmm.. and the first link.. it is me or is the whole of the maruti a crumple zone. accroding to the pic it certainly looks that way.. so does this mean the whole car will crumple.... :blink::lol::P:o:unsure::huh:

Edited by charitha19

6 Cylinder M50B25 Engine

16 inch BMW Alloys

Sun roof

Don't forget Trainspotting and Radiohead :rolleyes:

Great to have got a 6-pot. 170 horses can be no bad thing. Auto - don't worry, kick down really kicks ass.

Btw what colour is this machine?

Don't forget Trainspotting and Radiohead :rolleyes:

Great to have got a 6-pot. 170 horses can be no bad thing. Auto - don't worry, kick down really kicks ass.

Btw what colour is this machine?

I'm assuming it was the dark blue one that was advertised on AL? It really did look like a beauty!

yup...I also want to stop others from buying Marutiz and getting in to trouble.Dat poster will prevent a lot of SL from buying it and will also save the lyfz of many SL citizens.....Dont u think so??/

Dude how old r u? :mellow:

Wooo WooOO!!! Congrats VVti, nothing like voting with your wallet! :D

Im actually a tad jealous because i was drooling over that car myself, still its "in the family" so no worries!!

Best of luck with her mate!

Thanks Supra, yeah, it is a beauty. Have a few small things to sort out. The previous owner has, for a want of a better phrase has krpt it in a way that one can, lick it. He he he he he.

Nothing much I have to do. The sunroof motor has frozen on the closed position. Small electrical issue. But every electrical item has a manual override, whci is really great.