• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying Maruti 800 & Alto

Ek3

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just leave those cars alone.. :angry-smiley-024: last time saw a modified Cherry QQ and.. it reminds me a "Thoromble Karaththe".. there are models that can beefed up and some are better to leave it that way (Factory Defaults).. <_<

Edited by Ruslan

Ive seen many Maruti 800s with Modifications lyk Spoilers,Dish Alloys,Side skirts etc. Does these improve marutiz Handling and Performance

no dude it does not improve performence in anyway

but hey a person can do whatever wishes to his car...i would suggest a lightwight bodykit to give the car that "lowered look" without putting too much strain on that tiny engine,and a set of 12 or 13 inch alloys would be a welcome addition...if it was me i would ditch the spoiler idea.

dont go to the high-end bodykit guys like Dumi##a for a job like this...nilakto,wow's or KRK will do a satisfactory job without robbing you.

please do it so i can laugh at you <_<

Hey…. I think that’s too harsh. It’s doesn’t matter you drive a Maruti or a Lambo, it’s the owners choice. Even a Maruti could be modified tastefully if the owner got a good wits.

nilakto,wow's or KRK will do a satisfactory job without robbing you.

i wonder u ever seen quality of their work, if anyone want bubles on their buffers then those places are gud, also Ranji @ wows will take ages to finish, the best place is vonmec, macvood also not bad

please do it so i can laugh at you <_<

lol...no beating about the bush here...that there is plain hard honesty for you courtesy of jadey b :lol:

Just leave those cars alone.. :angry-smiley-024: last time saw a modified Cherry QQ and.. it reminds me a "Thoromble Karaththe".. there are models that can beefed up and some are better to leave it that way (Factory Defaults).. <_<

true machan...but we cant deny anyone the pleasures of driving a "modified car",no matter what it is...cos lets face it,nowadays you have to work your ass off to even own a corrolla ne?...so the best we can do is advice them not to go for the "Thoromble Karaththe" look and make them do something that is a decent compromise.

if it had the performance to live up to its looks, I'd guess it's "okay" but not forgivable ... lol ... I've seen some some cars with huge wings and body kits and they can barely get out of their own way

i wonder u ever seen quality of their work, if anyone want bubles on their buffers then those places are gud, also Ranji @ wows will take ages to finish, the best place is vonmec, macvood also not bad

yes i have had dealings with all three gihan,because samarakoon used to work at all three at one time or another...and samare is a very good friend of mine,and i always give my cars to wherever he is working

i know there work is not world class and they dont ever deliver on time...but for a vehicle like a maruti these guys will do a adequate job without charging those high prices...i was just advising our friend with some common sense

if you say vonmec and macvood is better,i'll believe you..because i have no expeirience with them...but obviously you have had expeiriences from both the sides ne? :D

Edited by MasterDon

yes i have expierience with all three gihan,because samarakoon used to work at all three at one time or another...and samare is a very good friend of mine,and i always give my cars to wherever he is working

i know there work is not world class and they dont ever deliver on time...but for a vehicle like a maruti these guys will do a adequate job without charging those high prices...i was just advising our friend with some common sense

if you say vonmec and macvood is better,i'll believe you..because i have no expeirience with them...and obviously you have had expeiriences from both sides ne? :D

lets say i have experieance with all 5 sides :D , well all 3 people used to work at KRK and after that scene one guy married with KRK guys women and samare open a garage at bellanwilla and ranji at ratthanapitiya, btw samare move towards bellanwila and the new place is beter than the old place,, anyway i know all of these people personally and seen lods of work done by them, i have to say KRK work is very bad, Ranji and samare's work is pretty same and can say ranjis work is bit better but take ages to finish,

Asanka used to come to Janithas garage and with the help of Janitas main painter and fuber guy they open the new garage, that painter and fiber guys work is awesome, then janitha moved to attidiya , then gud thing abt Janitha (vonmec) is hes a very easy person to work with, lets say after the work is done if he see any issue he never hesitate to re do it for free, work is quick, high quality and cheep too

Edited by GihanFX

no dude it does not improve performence in anyway

but hey a person can do whatever wishes to his car...i would suggest a lightwight bodykit to give the car that "lowered look" without putting too much strain on that tiny engine,and a set of 12 or 13 inch alloys would be a welcome addition...if it was me i would ditch the spoiler idea.

dont go to the high-end bodykit guys like Dumi##a for a job like this...nilakto,wow's or KRK will do a satisfactory job without robbing you.

I wouldnt advise KRK quite honestly.... Guy I know put his R33 Skyline there to get a a kit done, and when it came time to fit the modded front bumper, it was found that the front cross member, which also mounted the original bumper, was getting in the way of fitting the new bumper. The idiot at KRK suggested cutting the cross member off! The cars owner is also a bit thick, and he nearly agreed but thankfully called d-z and me to ask for advice and we immediately shouted down that idea....

Edited by Supra_Natural

I wouldnt advise KRK quite honestly.... Guy I know put his R33 Skyline there to get a a kit done, and when it came time to fit the modded front bumper, it was found that the front cross member, which also mounted the original bumper, was getting in the way of fitting the new bumper. The idiot at KRK suggested cutting the cross member off! The cars owner is also a bit thick, and he nearly agreed but thankfully called d-z and me to ask for advice and we immediately shouted down that idea....

yeah KRK sucks

Instead of modifying a car like that why don’t you buy a better car???

Between the Maruti 800 and Alto, the Alto is the better car. However only Maruti Alto VXi 1.1 (rarely found, because it was discontinued in 2004) has got performance to match its looks.

Between the Maruti 800 and Alto, the Alto is the better car. However only Maruti Alto VXi 1.1 (rarely found, because it was discontinued in 2004) has got performance to match its looks.

What i was trying to say was without modifying a car like maruti (800, Alto, chery QQ or any other small type) buy a proper car with the money you planning on spending for the modification + money from the small car you have/planned to buy

I personally think modifying a maruti is NOT cool. But thats just my opinion.. you may do whatever you like with the car you have, but no offence bro ppl like "JadeyBlitzen" will laugh at you for sure :(

i've heard similar stories about krk since of late...that place gone to the dogs since samare left

the thing is...you must never let these guys do the imagining bit...always show them what you want by showing pics and stuff and have them made exactly that under constant supervision

Buy a performance car.

MINIACE

Instead of modifying a car like that why don’t you buy a better car???

ehh? :huh:

just what kind of perfromance car are suggesting for maruti money?...and even if you find one will it have the practicality and the economy of the little indian?

look if this guy wants to rice up his maruti and stand out from the crowd,it's no skin off our bones...the best we can do is point him in the right direction...telling him to simply buy a performance car is no help at all imho.

ehh? :huh:

just what kind of perfromance car are suggesting for maruti money?...and even if you find one will it have the practicality and the economy of the little indian?

look if this guy wants to rice up his maruti and stand out from the crowd,it's no skin off our bones...the best we can do is point him in the right direction...telling him to simply buy a performance car is no help at all imho.

Well we all forgot to ask what his intention is.. so Mr. "Ek3" what are u up to with this Maruti modifications?? Is it just to show off or u need performance? And tell us about your budgett?

FYI : If its performance you need forget about the maruti seriously.

I personally think modifying a maruti is NOT cool. But thats just my opinion.. you may do whatever you like with the car you have, but no offence bro ppl like "JadeyBlitzen" will laugh at you for sure :(

This is true for MARUTI 800 and Maruti Alto LXi (800cc). However some simple cosmetic modifications (using Alloy wheels, Rear spoiler etc.) done with a good taste should not make them a laughing stock.

In my opinion, Among Maruti Hatchbacks, only Maruti Alto VXi (1100cc) is worth modifying.

[This is the same car marketed as SUZUKI ALTO outside Japan and South Asia, since 2000. If Toyota Starlets and Nissan March K11s (1000cc) can be modified, then why can't a Maruti Alto VXi ?]

I have No Idea of Modding a Maruti 800.I wanted 2 c u r Opinions on it.Therez a maruti which a friend of mine Owns.It has a list of cosmetic Modz+a tuned ECU+some Engine mods.And also JadeyBlitzen,Its not a matter to laugh.Vitz is far more Better Than Maruti but its not the best.

Edited by Ek3

Some mods ma Friends maruti has

Voltage stabilizer

Ground wire Kit

4 fog lamps

Type R trumpet Horn+Relay

NGK Iridiums

NGK plug wires

Lowered Coil springs

Hurricane Cone air Intake

Lightened Pulleys

Beat barrel

5000k Xenons

H1 blue Halogens for Fog lamps

Dish alloys+spacers

Leather seat covers

Leather steering cover

Sparco pedal covers

5 Bucket mats

Stabilizer bar

Neon

ICE-Pioneer 1120CD player+Sony XPLOD AMP+2 JVC 4' speakers front+ JBL 6X9 iN BOXES rear+Clarion tweeters

Edited by Ek3