• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Air Condition Refill

Kadaffi

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, whats the usual price for a A/C refill in Colombo? Are there any places with automatic A/C regass machines that you can recommend?

Thanks

what's the vehicle and is it dual A/C or Front A/C ? for cars price may vary from 2000 to 5000 depending on the depth of the job, whether it's just a top up or complete vacuum re-fill complete re-fill with lubricant oil....

then it might close to 4k ~ 5k edge but highly depend on the place also.. there are place charge for the brand name.

We Might have to conver the amount in to GBP or EUR or friend is in UK :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
there is a place at Karagampitiya, close to the zoo, they do a very gud job and cost is also low, what they do is remove the ac GAS then presure the system with nitrogen to check leaks, if no leaks refil the AC gas with oil

Gihan,

Can you tell me how they check gas leaks using nitrogen gas.

I am also facing some problems with AC system of my VIOS. the AC repairing guy told me that there is a gas leak in the system and need to replace the cooling unit (inside the dash board cover). Replacing the cooling unit is a quite a task since the entire dash board has to be removed.

It is a mear guess by these guys, so i cant trust their diagnosis. Will this nitrogen test be helpful to pinpoint the gas leak. Do you know some body in Kandy does this test.

Gihan,

I am also facing some problems with AC system of my VIOS. the AC repairing guy told me that there is a gas leak in the system and need to replace the cooling unit (inside the dash board cover). Replacing the cooling unit is a quite a task since the entire dash board has to be removed.

It is a mear guess by these guys, so i cant trust their diagnosis. Will this nitrogen test be helpful to pinpoint the gas leak. Do you know some body in Kandy does this test.

after few days u refil the gas agian if the presure is low then for sure there is a gas leak, then what they do is presureise the system with nitro and check for leaks by puting soap water to all the joints and still if there are no leaks they remove the cooling unit located under ur dashboard and remove the condenser from it and agian presurise it with nitro and check for leaks ( put it inside water tub ) by doing those things for sure they can find your issue,

Also u can check all the hoses and joints and if u see somekind of oil somewere close to those AC hoses then it must be a AC gas leaks cus when gas goes out it goes with the oil, also after car comes to working temp put ur AC on and see all the 2 fans are working properly, thats DIY job and if u or ur AC repiar guy cant find the issue post it here then i gve u locations to go the the AC shop that presure check using nitro, but to do that u have to come to Dehiwela,

best of luck for ur leak hunt

Gihan,

For this kinda job, I can recomend a place in Battharamulla. Guys name is Tharaka. PM me for more details. Hes doing a good job and no hidden charges. AC jobs are very tricky. I know a place in nugegoda, (a place with a AC shop and a car detailing centre) and the bugger damaged my cooler pourposly and charged 15,000 for the job and that was 5 years back. But i still remember the scene.

For this kinda job, I can recomend a place in Battharamulla. Guys name is Tharaka. PM me for more details. Hes doing a good job and no hidden charges. AC jobs are very tricky. I know a place in nugegoda, (a place with a AC shop and a car detailing centre) and the bugger damaged my cooler pourposly and charged 15,000 for the job and that was 5 years back. But i still remember the scene.

Did you replace the Evaporator in your car? guess it's bit tedious since it located in the middle of the dashboard unlike earlier models. do you have to dis-assemble the entire dashboard for that? and is it necessary to service the Evaporator as well when you servicing the A/C? what's the normal procedure machan?

Edited by Ruslan

after few days u refil the gas agian if the presure is low then for sure there is a gas leak, then what they do is presureise the system with nitro and check for leaks by puting soap water to all the joints and still if there are no leaks they remove the cooling unit located under ur dashboard and remove the condenser from it and agian presurise it with nitro and check for leaks ( put it inside water tub ) by doing those things for sure they can find your issue,

Also u can check all the hoses and joints and if u see somekind of oil somewere close to those AC hoses then it must be a AC gas leaks cus when gas goes out it goes with the oil, also after car comes to working temp put ur AC on and see all the 2 fans are working properly, thats DIY job and if u or ur AC repiar guy cant find the issue post it here then i gve u locations to go the the AC shop that presure check using nitro, but to do that u have to come to Dehiwela,

best of luck for ur leak hunt

Gihan,

I am pretty sure about the gas leak. Beacuse, 3 monts ago i came across all the symptoms of lack of gas in the sytsme: 1. kind a noise (shhhhhhhhhh) form the ac outlet just after switching on the ac, 2. strange noise from the compressor unit. So, i met the AC guy and refilled with gas. But, the guy told me that there may be a gas leak. So, after three months I am facing the same problem again. So,,,, there is a minor gas leak.

They did not pay much attention to oil leaks in the tubing system under the bonet. but, concluded i have to put a new evaporator since repairing the faculty on can lead to another round of dismantalling whole dash board again.

Thanks for your advice, its better to check the leaks from the tubing system before get into this evaporator thing.

Guys I have an advice for you as well. Since, i bought this car 6 monts ago, i think the problem was there when i bought it. The sale people have sold this car with or without knowing this problem. So, when you buy a car, pls pay your attention to this kinda things as well.

• 9 years later...