• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Prices Up From Tonight

needforspeed

Land vehicles aren't banned perse, its the radios which are the problem due to the range. You can easily get a kit or a rolling chassis in the mail as long as there are no electronics, customs will just declare them a toy.

Procedure for importation of Low Power Communication Equipment

1. The following are categorized as low power communication equipment.

a. Cordless Telephones.

b. Wireless Microphones

c. Remote Controlled Domestic equipments. Such as Radio/TV Remote Controls, Door Openers, Burglar Alarms etc.

d. Remote Controlled Toys

2. The following restrictions are imposed on the importation of low power communication equipment.

a. Range of cordless telephones and Remote Wirless Microphones should not exceed 100M.

b. Range of Remote Controlled Domestic Devices should not exceed 10M.

c. Range of Remote Controlled Toys (Excluding Air crafts) should not exceed 10M.

d. Range of Remote Controlled Air Craft/Flying Devices will not be permitted to be imported.

MINIACE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed a Petrol bowser around 6 pm on Duplication Rd ( it ended up heading up Vajira Rd toward colombo) so i'm guessing possibly to supply the IOC shed past Majestic City (but rather late in the evening for delivery ne? :unsure: )

i pumped gas from the ioc shed near majestic city at around 6 yesterday evening...and the bowser was indeed there...we must've missed each other by only a couple of minutes.

Nissan Murano perhaps? And I saw a Cadillac Escalade on the Baseline as I was driving home an hour ago, RHD and red G plates. Anyone familiar with it?

Saw a Black Escalade on parliment road a couple of weeks ago! That's one nice looking vehicle, with the huge front grills and all. Only managed to snap a pic from behind :action-smiley-060: .Lol, who says sri lanka is a poor country? :violent-smiley-030:

img04682.th.jpg

Saw a old black Ferrari down alexader road on wednesdaytowards the afternoon. It was a beaut man... wonder if any dude in this forum owns it. Unfortunately i was on the other side of the road, wanted to have a closer look. :((

That was likely a Maserati Khamsin owned by the Maharaja's

i pumped gas from the ioc shed near majestic city at around 6 yesterday evening...and the bowser was indeed there...we must've missed each other by only a couple of minutes.

adey why didn't you call if you were in town men?!

aparade could have had quick meet up cuz i was not doing too much aside driving home from Colonial after getting the breaks tweaked

is there any FORD F150 here ? saw something similar last week, it was blue colour one with G plates!

should be a 150 or a chevy silverado

If its the bright blue one its a Chevrolet of some description - possibly a Colorado :unsure:

There was a white/Silver Silverado at the Hummer Showroom

i heard a ford f150 was here becos of a BOI project or summin' like that.

adey why didn't you call if you were in town men?!

aparade could have had quick meet up cuz i was not doing too much aside driving home from Colonial after getting the breaks tweaked

ah bummer!!!...i even took the phone and was almost on the verge of calling you or supra,but didn't cos i thought you might be busy on a thursday afternoon...will deffa call next time...it would be for the best,coz everytime i poke around colombo i run in to one of you guys...last time supra caught me pigging out at dinemor,that was kinda embarrasing cos he's the one who got me hooked on their sub :D

Edited by MasterDon

Only place possible to fly the radio planes is Katukurunda Airfield on Sundays.For that you have to have prior permission from SLAF and got to be a member of the R/C club.Purchase invoice dated before 2006 is a must to register R/C.

MINIACE

Yeah they go there too, but they also go to this military installation as well. I meet up with them on a regular basis outside of Colombo to drive our monster trucks and whatnot.

If its the bright blue one its a Chevrolet of some description - possibly a Colorado :unsure:

There was a white/Silver Silverado at the Hummer Showroom

I've seen that blue Chevy hanging around WTC. It's got an ugly sounding diesel engine. Why didn't fit an Isuzu diesel in it, I'll never know :(

If its massive then a Silverado - but don't have any recollection of a blue one , and not on a plate as early as a G , cuz that would suggest a 2000 - 2001 registration :unsure:

Its a Silverado. At least, according to the badges :) I've never been into American pickups. I've seen this thing quite a few times, specially around the Jubilee Post - Mirihana area.

hmmm the Chevy Colorado has something to do with the Isuzu D-Max...so it may well have one of those! :unsure:

I've heard and ridden in a D-Max 2wd, they're way more quiet than the older generations. The Chevy was definitely louder climbing up the WTC incline.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, both Pelawatta and Koswaththa sheds were jam packed full. Spoke to the pump dude and he said the word is that the strike is back on, some of their trucks are still stuck at the depot. Supplies are dwindling, better fill up people.

Just a heads up, both Pelawatta and Koswaththa sheds were jam packed full. Spoke to the pump dude and he said the word is that the strike is back on, some of their trucks are still stuck at the depot. Supplies are dwindling, better fill up people.

according to daily mirror web...the trade union talks have failed...CEB, CPC, port authority and water board will go on strike...or work to rule as they call it from wednesday for 3 days...

arent we the lucky ones :angry-smiley-048:

Will go on strike...or work to rule as they call it from wednesday for 3 days...

No need for srikes or Work to Rules, Since the governnment has reduced some

essentail food items today instead of anual increments by cutting the duties imposed

by the same government.

Workers and Chandasas unjustified requests will be voided. Motorists can drive happily!.

I say err on the side of caution. Lots of sheds will be empty by tomorrow. Hoping for the best simply does not work for us in this grand old country. But screw it, if there's a power outage I'm heading for the hills.

saw a discussion with the president and he said it was a rumor and no truth to it.

lets wait and see.

What ever said and done better get your tanks up. Three unions are going to start work to rule from 11th according to SWARNAWAHINI news. C.E.B. S.L.P.A and PETROLIUM.

mala magulak :angry: