• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Prices Up From Tonight

needforspeed

Managed to pump at CF demel's near navy base at Slave Island. Bloody roads are blocked in every direction with the JVP protest going on. Really wonder who is running this country... Anyway unconfirmed reports suggest that the CPC is to re-strike in the next couple of days.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap! this is bad neda!

if CEB too joins in we are truly sunk! at least the office would work on generators but back home would be a disaster...

especially when there are little ones who absolutely need all those electrical stuff to be running :(

I hope somebody tame these dogs and do it fast! this is bloody crazy!

just because a lame arse political party wants to prove a point the whole country has to suffer!

I hope somebody tame these dogs and do it fast! this is bloody crazy!

just because a lame arse political party wants to prove a point the whole country has to suffer!

very true, at least govt should try to defeat this attempt using whatever the powers they can including armed forces i don't mind. They're putting the entire public in jeopardy for the individual gains, its indeed a crime, planned crime.

very true, at least govt should try to defeat this attempt using whatever the powers they can including armed forces i don't mind. They're putting the entire public in jeopardy for the individual gains, its indeed a crime, planned crime.

Hope this time GOV will use Armed forces to operate these orgs instead of these buffoons!.. shoot 'em if they try to sabotage operations.. :violent-smiley-099:

Herd some dumb nut talking behalf of that trade union in TV (in Very heroic manner of course.. :action-smiley-060: ) that they're gonna spread it across even on Water board and CEB..

Edited by Ruslan

Managed to pump at CF demel's near navy base at Slave Island. Bloody roads are blocked in every direction with the JVP protest going on. Really wonder who is running this country... Anyway unconfirmed reports suggest that the CPC is to re-strike in the next couple of days.

they used them to get into power, now look what thats yielded

At the risk of sounding like a red, we have to acknowledge that these people ARE responding to a series of cock ups on the governments part. I mean come on, no salary increase in 3 years? Isnt that a bit harsh? especially when you are well aware just how much money the ministers in charge of things are making?

I dont condone the way the CPC workers et al are going about it, but I do have to point out that the government is simply reaping what it sowed itself. The chickens have well and truly come home to roost!

Edited by Supra_Natural

At the risk of sounding like a red, we have to acknowledge that these people ARE responding to a series of cock ups on the governments part. I mean come on, no salary increase in 3 years? Isnt that a bit harsh? especially when you are well aware just how much money the ministers in charge of things are making?

I dont condone the way the CPC workers et al are going about it, but I do have to point out that the government is simply reaping what it sowed itself. The chickens have well and truly come home to roost!

Well they really cant complain- these institutes are making losses today because of Unions vetoing reform that was required in the past. Also there are many private sector companies that have also not been able to grant salary increases for the past couple of years cause of adverse macro economic conditions, the workers in these companies appreciate the fact that they have a job & a salary- rather than having to go through a closure. These state workers think they are god's gift to everyone else cause they are responsible for essential services- and at the end of the day it's the Tax payer that covers their salaries that suffers.

Ethul kotte was out of Petrol, but both Diesel pumps appeared to be working. Didn't get a look at baseline because the traffic was unusually dense this morning, spent the good part of 15 minutes on the PIM/SLT to Baseline shortcut.

Well they really cant complain- these institutes are making losses today because of Unions vetoing reform that was required in the past. Also there are many private sector companies that have also not been able to grant salary increases for the past couple of years cause of adverse macro economic conditions, the workers in these companies appreciate the fact that they have a job & a salary- rather than having to go through a closure. These state workers think they are god's gift to everyone else cause they are responsible for essential services- and at the end of the day it's the Tax payer that covers their salaries that suffers.

You have a good point there machan... unfortunately when it comes to the state sector, everybody in the lower ranks is well aware of how much money is being made by their lords and masters, that isnt exactly a secret ne... so no wonder really that the little blokes also want a slice of the pie.

IMO its just indicative of the level of incompetence of the politicos in general.

Hope this time GOV will use Armed forces to operate these orgs instead of these buffoons!.. shoot 'em if they try to sabotage operations.. :violent-smiley-099:

Ya this is a joke.

There are plenty of people with no jobs and the ones who have wanna go on strike – CPC employees are amongst the highest paid state employees.

Good old Mr. Premadasa had solutions for this kind of people – few used tyre’s were used and all was up and running

Very rightly put - I'm one of the private sector employees awaiting a pay rise and it's not happening this year either so making it 3 years in a row

I also pay tax - and I don't get a pension when I hit my limits

We also work 5days a week with works hours with a minimum of 8.5 hrs to 12 Hrs

Only 95 octane was available when I went to purchase fuel in the night. Perhaps, that is what they are referring to normal :D

I was actually cursing that we'd have to pump 90 oct in the circumstances. But Z gods were merciful and at the cetypetco shed just past odel (coming towards horton place) they had both 90 and 95. And the said they never ran out :blink: Anyways went y'day afternoon and pumped 5500 bucks of 95 :D:alc: Suprising thing was we were on empty for about 2 days (digi guage blinking) and yet we managed to pump only 37 litres (5500rs) which meant there was about 7 liters remaining in the tank.. (45L tank) :blink: Okay say the line from the filler cap to the tank takes 2 litres.. we still had 5 litres left after driving about 40 km's on "empty".. Weird! Still. no complaints :rolleyes::lol: Best thing is to keep topping up about 200 or 300 bucks daily? to be safe? :unsure:

Edited by virensti

Ya this is a joke.

There are plenty of people with no jobs and the ones who have wanna go on strike – CPC employees are amongst the highest paid state employees.

Good old Mr. Premadasa had solutions for this kind of people – few used tyre's were used and all was up and running

+1 :appl:

Very rightly put - I'm one of the private sector employees awaiting a pay rise and it's not happening this year either so making it 3 years in a row

I also pay tax - and I don't get a pension when I hit my limits

We also work 5days a week with works hours with a minimum of 8.5 hrs to 12 Hrs

Now why does this story sound so familiar .....

Oh yeah, coz its the same for me too.... Depressing, innit?

The trick is to apply the same work methods in the private sector which are currently implemented in the public sector. Study the subtle mantras of delegation and passing of the buck. Once applied to your daily routine, you will wonder how you ever managed without.