• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Accessories Shops

xplosv

Hey all, I'm writing from Australia. Really cool car scene you guys have in Lanka now. Great to see its really lifting off. My parents are coming to Sri Lanka for a holiday and to see their folks and relatives. I thought this would be a good opportunity to get them to buy some car parts for me.

I basically need you guys to give me the names and addresses of places to send my parents to get some parts. The car its for is a Toyota Starlet GT (EP82).

The parts I'm looking for are:

Momo or OMP steering wheel and BOSS KIT (would love the OMP wheel pictured):

http://img157.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/7...5od1954tn-2.jpg

TRD or RAZO Gearknob (Would Ideally like a rubber one of the gear knob below)

http://www.empire-racing.net/images/razo_gearknobsmall.jpg

Razo racing pedals (would love the carbon ones pictured below)

http://www.khltrading.com/Pic/Pedals/Razo/RP54(giga).jpg

Rays light weight wheel nuts:

http://www.j-plus.com.au/parts/raysnuts_2_large.JPG

And perhaps a few other parts. A racing shop would be ideal where professional racing parts can be bought.

Any help appreciated. Ideally, shops would be the best rather than market stalls as it would be easier for my parents. Doesnt even have to be in city locations actually, just any addresses would be helpful.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

:);)

Hey as i know u can buy lots of cool car parts from ur country , but i dont know u can find cool items from sri lanka , anyway try MOTORCADE

57, Braybrooke street, Colombo 02, Sri lanka

[email protected]

Gihan Out-

Gihan, thanks for the info mate. Yeah you can get heaps of parts here for anything and everything. Only thing is, its pretty expensive. For instance, a steering wheel will cost around $250 AUD which is around 19500 rupees. So hopefully I can get some cheaper stuff there :)

My dad reckons there were a few car shops last time he was there at punchikawatta in maradana. Does anyone know if they are still there?

Thanks

yeah those places are still there....

here are some places you can ask your parents to try out

motomania

dutugamunu street

Kohuwela

motorworld

GAlle Road

Dehiwela

ps. if youa re looking for original stuff. better buy in aussie. over here you will get fakes for real cheap

YEAh man ]

but i dnt think aussie ppl will give a damn abt fakes nyways They are still the

Stuff no

yo mate in aus which part do ya live? well compare with autoban prices the stuff in sri lanka is cheap but not orgiginal n most r thiland ,hongkong,malesia stuff,,,any way try rumal,ajith,gunarathna(all motors) in darly road, n motorcade(motor kade!!)..they got stuff u r looking..whr yo parents gonna stay? jehan @ kochchikade got a super collection (shop called smart collection)n they r cheap cos he personnaly go n get them to sri lanka..last week hes got down front mount intercoolers n hi-speed detecting units which r cool

Hey guys, I'm from melbourne in Victoria (Eastern Australia).

Thanks guys for all the info, keep them coming. My parents have relatives all around srilanka in Colombo, Kandy and Galle.

ITs kinda important that I get genuine stuff as I have found alot of fake stuff arnt the best quality. For instance, the Razo Pedals that I have pictured in my first post, they are made of real carbon fiber. I doubt the fakes are made of real carbon fiber.

I'll tell my dad to keep a look out for fakes. There are a few tell tale signs that stuff are fake (like the engraved Momo sign and 'made in Italy' written on the steering wheel etc).

I know there are quite a few racing cars in Sri Lanka (Evo Rally cars etc). Does any one know where they get their stuff from? Perhaps those guys that buy stuff buy original parts?

Thanks again people. Been real helpfull so far.

B)

if you want the genuine stuff, then you better get them from aussie.

the guys iwth high power cars usually gets the items down themselves.

things which are avaialbe at the local shops are for local wallets... the genuine stuff will cost way more than people want to pay

fuzzo, you might me right. I was hoping I could find some genuine stuff and never really thought it would be hard to get (as apposed to the fake stuff).

I might instruct my dad to look around and if there are no well priced genuine accessories, I'll just ask him to get me a few things that are fake like the gear knobs etc.

Thanks for the info all, if you have any more, post em up B)

Hola, do you have an exact address for that?

Thanks B)

We have got one in Negombo called Crazy motors. Its in Kurana. It got all meters,alarms and stuff

yep hola i know that guy @ crazy motors (he got that yellow mx eg8) he got stuff too,well mate from aus just wanna tell u there r not few sports cars in sri lanka..there r lot n even more there r lot heavly modified ones too..dont look @ sri lanka in the small picture mate..

No.........The guy at Crazy Motors got a nice red and black civic with a transparent hood of a shape "H". That got some good stuff at a good price. Also checkout the spot near the round-about near hemas biulding (old indra traders yard). They got some cool meters, lights,accesories.

Hola

now days u cant find broken down eg8s for low price cus ppl know the value of eg8's specially Honda Cars

Gihan Out-

Yah the EG8 has got a unique personality of it's own... to my mind the most appealing honda sedan for an enthiciast [looks wise].

Guys, do you know of any Starlet GT specific club?

Or perhaps know of a workshop that fabricate Toyota Starlet GT parts?

Cheers

The big nigga sacha would do the modz to you. his stuff is good and if you invest proper cash with dude you can burn every single gt in aussie for sure....