• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Most Fuel Economical 4wd Suv

GajaYa

If you are buying a trooper, go for one which has got a importerd body/engine under permit. Most of the ones that I see now are these. They perform much better compared to the ones that were brough brand new (the semi high roof ones). The 4JB1 2.8TDi will give you excellent performance. I owned one fully restored to orginal condition, then a one which had a new body and a 28TDi engine and then a Pajero. I loved the 4JB1 2.8TDi. Super fast, stable and much comfortable than the Pajero which I bought later.

I am sure the 3.1TDi will be much better.

There are Troopers/Bighorns out there, but as rightly said earlier by another member, there are for sure more Pajeros than Troopers/Bighorns.

Land Cruiser does between 6-8kmpl in Colombo and it is more to the 6 side than the 8 side.

Now I own a Nissan D22 double cab and it gives me 8.5kmpl in Colombo. anyway this will be of no use to you since you are looking for a SUV. Out of the Isuzu, Nissan and Mitsubishi I have used, for sure the Isuzu engine can be rated highest!

why aren't many Trooper's out there? not many brought to SL in the first place compared to Pajero's? or many gone out of service for some reason. This was / maybe still is / one of the favoiurite vehicles among those tea estate bosses.

Quite a number were burned by the JVP. With said estate bosses inside them.

If you are buying a trooper, go for one which has got a importerd body/engine under permit. Most of the ones that I see now are these. They perform much better compared to the ones that were brough brand new (the semi high roof ones). The 4JB1 2.8TDi will give you excellent performance. I owned one fully restored to orginal condition, then a one which had a new body and a 28TDi engine and then a Pajero. I loved the 4JB1 2.8TDi. Super fast, stable and much comfortable than the Pajero which I bought later.

I am sure the 3.1TDi will be much better.

There are Troopers/Bighorns out there, but as rightly said earlier by another member, there are for sure more Pajeros than Troopers/Bighorns.

Land Cruiser does between 6-8kmpl in Colombo and it is more to the 6 side than the 8 side.

Now I own a Nissan D22 double cab and it gives me 8.5kmpl in Colombo. anyway this will be of no use to you since you are looking for a SUV. Out of the Isuzu, Nissan and Mitsubishi I have used, for sure the Isuzu engine can be rated highest!

well i dont mind a good cab like the d22 or the ln107SSRX/106

Well the YP60 is very thirsty and its defa out of ma list..........a good trooper with tdi engine is a n option...

and im looking into cabs as well......RAV4s and Terios seem too small for a long ride

well what do you guys think of the land rovers...

the discovery old versions and the DEFENDERS???

If you are going to do long journeys frequently, please consider the reliability of the vehicle as well. I don't think you would want to be stranded in an isolated area. So irrespective of the model, make sure you buy one that has done low milage and well mained. From my personal experience...I've used 3 old jeeps (1987 Trooper, 1988 Trooper/bighorn, 1982 Pajero short) and despite the fact that all these vehicles were fully restored and well maintained, they did give me trouble on and off. Now I own a D22 (2004) and there is absolutely no question about reliability. Just start and go! I believe that is the peace of mind you would want to have when you do long journeys frequently.

Diesel jeeps are very expensive and you can buy a diesel cab for nearly half that price. I believe a 2004 diesel Nissan Petrol will cost over 8M whereas I paid less than 4M to the 2004 D22. However, the jeeps tend to be more comfortable than the cabs.

If you can tell me your precise budget, I can be more precise in telling you proper options. Then you can narrow down your search.

Well the YP60 is very thirsty and its defa out of ma list..........a good trooper with tdi engine is a n option...

and im looking into cabs as well......RAV4s and Terios seem too small for a long ride

well what do you guys think of the land rovers...

the discovery old versions and the DEFENDERS???

man you haven't got your criteria sorted out yet

when looking for an SUV, one cannot be considering all that is out there as OPTIONS!!

You need to narrow down

Diesel OR Petrol

5 seater OR 7 seater

Proper 4WD or a push button gimmic

Proper chassis, suspension, ground clearance and body suitable for off-road or just a TALL CAR pretending to be off-road capable

A common brand to which spareparts and mechanic who can fix them are available throughout the country or something exotic which you might have to tow back to Colombo in case something goes wrong outstations

Diesel jeeps are very expensive and you can buy a diesel cab for nearly half that price. I believe a 2004 diesel Nissan Petrol will cost over 8M whereas I paid less than 4M to the 2004 D22. However, the jeeps tend to be more comfortable than the cabs.

machang i think it's not logical to compare a pickup to a SUV. anyway congrats in buying a new car (damn where are the nissan club members? shame on them for not welcoming/congratulating you :lol: )