• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Most Fuel Economical 4wd Suv

GajaYa

Hey Ladies and Gentleman

What is the most fuel economical 4wd SUV Currently in SL..........

i know its tough to guess but give it a go........

i prefer mild price ranges......between 20k-70k.....

Edited by GajaYa

Hey Ladies and Gentleman

Im guessing you mean 2 mill to 7 million?

Well as hardhat pointed out, there arent many economical options... obviously the Diesel ones will be the best bet for economy.

I would say one that is parked or going down hill :)

sorry, couldn't help it but you might wanna narrow your criteria a bit. Its not a fair comparison to put luxury SUVs with 3rows of seats to a purpose built SUV or a smaller Suzuki type SUV. If you plan on spending 2-7 mil on an SUV you probably have more requirements than simply their fuel economy (seating capacity, ride quality, ruggedness, IMAGE, etc).

The guys here are pretty good at pointing you in the right direction if you can give a lil bit more info

Good luck with your search

How about Suzuki SX4

tend to disagree, when it comes to fuel economical vehicles in SL context its mostly diesels simply because of the price difference between diesel & petrol in SL unlike most of other countries. However even in diesel range there are guzzlers like 6 cylinder Nissan petrol. What came to my mind together with user comments was Freelander. Does anyone knows the fuel consumption of Micro SUV range in common?

well considering that he said mild range im going to take a crack at the freelander diesel as the most economical...my uncle had one when doctors got the permit to bring down one...it did have various problems on it including clutch but the jeep was very economical..the ones which came under 65- numbers were TDi 1 if im not mistaken not sure if landrover addressed those problems in the later models...what do you guys think???

well considering that he said mild range im going to take a crack at the freelander diesel as the most economical...my uncle had one when doctors got the permit to bring down one...it did have various problems on it including clutch but the jeep was very economical..the ones which came under 65- numbers were TDi 1 if im not mistaken not sure if landrover addressed those problems in the later models...what do you guys think???

the freelander was quite a popular choice during the 1999-2000 permit era... but considering how many of them entered the roads and how many you see today tells you something. Plus it was quite prone to lots of glitches with electronics.

And the diesel was the TD4 engine. I recently saw a JV plate freelander (older model with a facelift).

But for a diesel SUV in that range would be a Sportage or Vitara or G.Vitara. But the sportage ainst much of a looker IMO.

• Like 1

Hey Ladies and Gentleman

As one member pointed out, we'll need more info on your requirements mate... 'cos in my humble opinion, people who seek only fuel efficiency never go for SUVs.....

How about Suzuki SX4

NO!

It's a hatchback with AWD not an SUV

mate, as several of here have pointed out, you need to be more specific of what your requirements are, as fuel economy stands very low in the wish list when you quest for an SUV

Boys i think what the man want to know is out of the gas guzzling SUV's which one has the best figures. i'm sure he wasn't trying to compare the consumption figures of a sedan with a SUV.

i agree with both Mini and Peri. at the end of the day only difference is the badge. i believe CRV can be added to the list too.

dili you have nicely sum up the fate of the freelander. i believe almost all the 65- ones had a L series engine not a TD4

i believe CRV can be added to the list too.

no mate. if (and it's a big IF) you wanna associate the term SUV with some level of decent 4WD capabilty, forget the CRV. I had one, the 4WD mechanism is next to useless

in terms of a fuel economical SUV if one is looking for a vehicle with 4WD capability AND good km/Litre, then Suzuki Jimny would be my best bet. But if you are looking for best Rupees / Litre, then bigger Diesel Jeeps can also come into the picture because of the price gap in SL between Diesel and Petrol

well thanks ppl .....well let me explain a bit more on this...........well the vehicles got to be obviously an SUV no doubt........with really reliable 4x4 capabilities......this is to run on journey all around the country.........well ill be planning to do so....covering east west north and the south so im really concerned about the fuel consumption.........so the vehicle should be able to cope up with all terrain.....and BE economical.........

well it should be a bit large as well

im considering about the NISSAN Petrol YP60

MITSUBISHI PAJERO Palathsaba

MITSUBISHI PAJERO 1992

Isuzu Trooper/Bighorn

Undoubtadly Isuzu trooper/Bighorn will be the most economical. I had a 2.8TDi (box model) which did 11kmpl even in Colombo and I heard that the 3.1TDi (round newer model) does even more!

Worst pick will be the Y60 which does less than 6kmpl in Colombo.

With the Pajero you will get 8kmpl in Colombo.

You may add 2-3Kmpl for outstation run for all the above figures.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

yeh given that he is concerned about fuel economy the patrol should not be on that list of his...gas guzzler is what they call it...think the land cruiser bj75 or lj 79 would be a better pick considering all the offroading you want to do or the isuzu trooper (Not sure how many are out there for sale though)...when i first saw this thread i thought the preference was going to be on honda CRV toyota RAV4 kinda suvs...didnt know he would opt for the big boys as well.....i saw a diesel range rover up for sale as well but not sure on the reliability when compared to a land cruiser or trooper maintained in SL

the isuzu trooper (Not sure how many are out there for sale though.........saw a diesel range rover up for sale as well but not sure on the reliability when compared to a land cruiser or trooper maintained in SL

why aren't many Trooper's out there? not many brought to SL in the first place compared to Pajero's? or many gone out of service for some reason. This was / maybe still is / one of the favoiurite vehicles among those tea estate bosses.

as for Range Rover, did they ever come in Diesel?

why aren't many Trooper's out there? not many brought to SL in the first place compared to Pajero's? or many gone out of service for some reason. This was / maybe still is / one of the favoiurite vehicles among those tea estate bosses.

as for Range Rover, did they ever come in Diesel?

no its not that there arent many but there arnt much for sale when compared to the say a pajero or a land cruiser.....

Good question.. the estates, police and some govt people got them mainly... and I think they continue to use them... with variable road worthy conditions, if U know what I mean.. ;)

Guess the reason may be that above parties continue to find the Trooper useful or have written them off after hard use...

Remember my father using both the Pajero & the Trooper for brief periods in the late 80's/ early 90's, when they were still in a "Brand new condition".. Our family belived the Pajero was the more comfortable one for a long journey... but for some reason I liked the rugged feel of the Trooper...