• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Be Carefull When U Deal With Insuarence / Guarages

MkX

Just thought to share an experience one of my aunt had about 3 months ago, with one of the most reputed Motor dealer in Sri Lanka.

She got brand new Perodua – Kenari for permit given recently. It was fully insured by Cey if I’m not mistaken. One of our Leyland bus guy hit her passenger side front door. The insurance has agreed to pay full amount for brand new door, etc (1lks – 2lks). Vehicle was under warranty period, hence agents also encourage her to get this done by them self.

She has put a mark under the “cup holder” with her initials and handed over the vehicle to agents, after two weeks time she got the vehicle. When she check the cup holder .. to her surprise it was not a brand new door. They have repaired the same door and returned the vehicle. She has complaint there management but they have disregarded it saying she should’ve complaint before she took the vehicle from their yard.

The insurance said they released money to agents for a brand new door. Only vehicle agent’s employee who handle the case knows what happened to balance money.

Just thought to share an experience one of my aunt had about 3 months ago, with one of the most reputed Motor dealer in Sri Lanka.

She got brand new Perodua – Kenari for permit given recently. It was fully insured by Cey if I’m not mistaken. One of our Leyland bus guy hit her passenger side front door. The insurance has agreed to pay full amount for brand new door, etc (1lks – 2lks). Vehicle was under warranty period, hence agents also encourage her to get this done by them self.

She has put a mark under the “cup holder” with her initials and handed over the vehicle to agents, after two weeks time she got the vehicle. When she check the cup holder .. to her surprise it was not a brand new door. They have repaired the same door and returned the vehicle. She has complaint there management but they have disregarded it saying she should’ve complaint before she took the vehicle from their yard.

The insurance said they released money to agents for a brand new door. Only vehicle agent’s employee who handle the case knows what happened to balance money.

So this sounds like fraud, straight up. Shouldn't you report this to the Police???

So this sounds like fraud, straight up. Shouldn't you report this to the Police???

yeah...that sucks! how the hell can an average customer check to see if it was indeed a new door or not??

the management fools of that company should be shot in the head and close range for saying stupid things like that....

yeah...that sucks! how the hell can an average customer check to see if it was indeed a new door or not??

the management fools of that company should be shot in the head and close range for saying stupid things like that....

on second thought, the brand new door does not come as a complete unit. Apart from the bare metal door with prime coat sprayed, there are door cards, locks, side mirrors, winder mechanisms which should buy separately. Since Insurance passed about hundred thousand or so I assume complete set of parts have been approved. However, there may be issues in finding matching color door cards and stuff like that and the door card itself may be intact. Better check the door removing the door card to see whether they've repaired the door or replaced the bare metal door and definitely they have to replace the winder mechanism in this nature of accidents. Still it's wrong not to replace the complete items provided that insurance paid it all but there are blokes in workshop who make extra buck out of re-usable items.

Yes a fraud indeed.

Net claim was more than 1lks for brand new door. I'm sure who ever the guys involved in this fraud has got good money.

But my aunt is not exposed to this type of environment, even when the bus guy hit the vehicle he has said "Madam full insurance neda, api yannan" even the traffic cop hasn't taken any legal action and still the accident not even recorded in books properly :angry-smiley-048:

But she said this was published "Lanka deepa" news paper or some other paper through one of her friend. Just my advise is don't trust the just because of their reputed name.

After all this is Sri Lanka, the land like no other :violent-smiley-099:

"Madam full insurance neda, api yannan" even the traffic cop hasn't taken any legal action and still the accident not even recorded in books properly :angry-smiley-048:

now this is a crime, ppl esp trishaw and bus guys take it to granted that most of private cars are fully insured and they won't bother to go through the time wasting entry lodging process at police station. But me personally, never let a guilt to flee even if they offer something in cash to me and as a policy I don't accept cash on the accidents and tell them up front the fact that car is insured I don't need any money but will do the legal stuff for the formality sake :) Then I always have the provision to claim through the 3rd party cover of the other vehicle. I think everyone should at least spend some time to lodge the entry simply because if the other driver found guilty they will be produced to the courts and fined there. A good lesson for trishaw and bus guys .. never let to flee away and end of the day we bare the lump sum of insurance and these guys take a run off from that ..

• Like 1

hold on boys, as far as i know when a certain part is fully replaced under insurance you/garage have to show the old part to the insurance company to complete the process. maybe rules are different for certain policys like 'on the spot'.

now this is a crime, ppl esp trishaw and bus guys take it to granted that most of private cars are fully insured and they won't bother to go through the time wasting entry lodging process at police station. But me personally, never let a guilt to flee even if they offer something in cash to me and as a policy I don't accept cash on the accidents and tell them up front the fact that car is insured I don't need any money but will do the legal stuff for the formality sake :) Then I always have the provision to claim through the 3rd party cover of the other vehicle. I think everyone should at least spend some time to lodge the entry simply because if the other driver found guilty they will be produced to the courts and fined there. A good lesson for trishaw and bus guys .. never let to flee away and end of the day we bare the lump sum of insurance and these guys take a run off from that ..

you got a very valid point machang. but the hitch is local judiciary system is not the most efficient. you are looking at countless days of 'rasthiyadu' and a significant amount in lawyers fees. i believe fuzzo had such an experience. fuzzo why not share the experience and the process of claiming the money from the 3rd party with us to update the knowledge base?

what surprises me here is that the insurance company agent doesn't care. Insurance are usually pretty strict about exactly what needs to be repaired and what is done and they hate losing money; unless the agent and the shop has a special "look the other way" kinda deal going on.

Edited by MeanGreenZ28

you got a very valid point machang. but the hitch is local judiciary system is not the most efficient. you are looking at countless days of 'rasthiyadu' and a significant amount in lawyers fees. i believe fuzzo had such an experience. fuzzo why not share the experience and the process of claiming the money from the 3rd party with us to update the knowledge base?

true, but i also went through the process and due to the time waste and also insurance company have to pay every single cent if verdict given in favor of 3rd party, they now have out of courts settlement for 3rd party covers which is relatively fast. But the amount they settle is little less. But if you consider time and discounted money value and lawyer fees and all it seems worth

true, but i also went through the process and due to the time waste and also insurance company have to pay every single cent if verdict given in favor of 3rd party, they now have out of courts settlement for 3rd party covers which is relatively fast. But the amount they settle is little less. But if you consider time and discounted money value and lawyer fees and all it seems worth

oh that makes lot of sense. didn't know insurance companys opt for out of court settlements.

fuzzo if you don't mind mate would love to hear your story on the subject. i remember you posting in this forum asking for legal advice

• 1 month later...

ya I also have a bad experience with the one of the biggest Insurance company in Sri Lanka saying all the media that they are paying on the spot and can take our garage etc., etc., and I’m telling everyone to be careful with the Jan Insurance company.,

This is a true story, I went with my driver to Kandy and send the car back to home, on his way to home he got sleep and knock the car to a wall in a sub small road, and he call the Jan hotline and tell the story and its a very small road and another van came and couldn’t get his van. My driver ask the Insurance Centre whether can he take the car off from that place because the road get block and the tel operator guy give the approval to take the car.

And one of the Jan assessor came their and told him to get a garage estimate and send it the Jan Insurance.

And the estimate get cut and finalized and give the approval to do the repair.

After 10 Days one of the Jan assessor came down and get some information from the Garage bass and went to a wrong place to inspect the accident and send me a letter after 14 days that they cannot give my claim.,

To do all the repair cost will be around Rs.300,000 and I send a letter asking the reason that why they are not paying this claim, but they just send a letter saying that my file is closed.,

So be careful all who have the Insurance with Jana and pls pls my recommendation is not to use this kind of company for your insurance and paying huge amount and end of the day if you are not getting your accident amount???? Think TWICE before u use this company

If anyone needs more details about this story, pls feel free to send me a mail: [email protected]

To do all the repair cost will be around Rs.300,000 and I send a letter asking the reason that why they are not paying this claim, but they just send a letter saying that my file is closed.,

they cant just 'close' a file when they feel like it, unless your policy's run out or something. There's probably some reason they've given. yes?

they cant just 'close' a file when they feel like it, unless your policy's run out or something. There's probably some reason they've given. yes?

You are correct machan. There must be reason. I am a happy customer with Jana and also this is the first complaint I am seeing about getting a claim from Jana.

Even there are some insurance related threads in AL and few complaints about some insurance companies and none of them about Jana.

Friend of mine got a claim of Rs350,000 recently from Jana and the procedure was so easy as well.

I have Insured many vehicles and had many claims with Jan***, but never had any major issues,

Well you or they could reopne the file? once I had an issue where I have requested to bear a certain portion or % to get second hand body parts even for a smaller damage rather than repairing, they made a small mistake and paid me less and said they have closed the file, but when I asked the situ they readily re opened the file and adjusted my claim and re issued a chq.

You will have to go meet and discuss with a higher person than the front desk, there must be a reason, get to know the reason. I am sure then you could sort it out.

There is no reason, may be they need the money to take their company further., bcs they are band need to show money to get their company againg,

I have Insured many vehicles and had many claims with Jan***, but never had any major issues,

Well you or they could reopne the file? once I had an issue where I have requested to bear a certain portion or % to get second hand body parts even for a smaller damage rather than repairing, they made a small mistake and paid me less and said they have closed the file, but when I asked the situ they readily re opened the file and adjusted my claim and re issued a chq.

You will have to go meet and discuss with a higher person than the front desk, there must be a reason, get to know the reason. I am sure then you could sort it out.

Thks, yes though to go and meet some high persons, do u know any of understanding person their??

Hi all

My driver knocked the car from behind in to a bus last Monday 10th and we got the on site approvals from

Jana***ti.

I am yet to send it for repairs and the detailed estimate.

Today I have got a cheque for 25,ooo/- being an advance payment and I was very pleasantly surprised.

I am sure there must be an issue with your claim, so hope you will first be able to go and figure that out.