• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

It Drive- Malabe

Watchman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Look out the window and wave! :P

p10100765xs.th.jpg

I'm in the building on the right. Ground floor. :P

:P "rolling my eye's"

p10100765xs.th.jpg

p10100771hj.th.jpg

Now dis is the view am getting from my room window.. :D:D:D

lucky for you Dielsh drove slow.... or else you would have a bigger window to look through.. he he :P

Errrr..am @ Bamba now..so by the time I go home..u will not be there I guess..ha..ha.. :D

Don't count on it. Listen for a noisy car after 8pm today.

No, I'm not pani peranawa on the forums. I leave that to u :P And I know what the emoticon means too :P

lucky for you Dielsh drove slow.... or else you would have a bigger window to look through.. he he :P

hehehe! actually mahcan i only WENT slow to the end of the road.... the return wasnt so slow though...140 ...

VRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM

:P

hehehe! actually mahcan i only WENT slow to the end of the road.... the return wasnt so slow though...140 ...

VRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM

:P

Now THAT is dangerous. That bend is somewhat safe on the trip in, but on the trip put, ur passing that much faster, so its more likely to cause problems.

Now THAT is dangerous. That bend is somewhat safe on the trip in, but on the trip put, ur passing that much faster, so its more likely to cause problems.

heheheheee!!!!!

machan,

i didnt go fast on the road that turns off from the main road to MIT. i must have been doing 40-50 when i was coming to MIT... :grinning-smiley-003:.. personally i'm kinda scared to push a vehicle (anyvehicle) to the limit by taking fast corners..

the top speed was reached on the straight stretch... i went all the way to the end of the main road just to make sure there werent anyone or anything on the road or anything i might hit.

~~always play safe!!! :)

:)

heheheheee!!!!!

machan,

i didnt go fast on the road that turns off from the main road to MIT. i must have been doing 40-50 when i was coming to MIT... :angry-smiley-024:.. personally i'm kinda scared to push a vehicle (anyvehicle) to the limit by taking fast corners..

the top speed was reached on the straight stretch... i went all the way to the end of the main road just to make sure there werent anyone or anything on the road or anything i might hit.

~~always play safe!!! :D

:D

hey was it ur gemini that did 140kmph as u said in a earlier reply or is it someother gemini? 140 for a 1.5L gemini is really cool. I only hav reached like 120kmph in the JT641 in various roads, like parliment rd, marine drive, Gall rd from katubedhha to rawathawatha junc. once i hav taken a fast corner from rajagiriya rd to pagoda road comin from batarramulla side at bout 50 or 60 kmph.

i think i ve been to this IT road once but my father was driving that day. nice empty road :(

heheheheee!!!!!

machan,

i didnt go fast on the road that turns off from the main road to MIT. i must have been doing 40-50 when i was coming to MIT... :huh:.. personally i'm kinda scared to push a vehicle (anyvehicle) to the limit by taking fast corners..

~~always play safe!!! :D

:(

thatz very very conservative way of driving fast, checking the roads b4 going fast, i used to do that @ GP when i do 140kph there(not stand still starts, stand still i can only reach 130+)

no its nto a SLR.. it's the Olimpus cammadia 1000... 3.3megaPix.... i use this for normal home use... the SLR is for special outings etc :huh:

Great, do you have a SLR?, what is the make and model of it? (Just curious, I'm really fond of SLRs)

hey was it ur gemini that did 140kmph as u said in a earlier reply or is it someother gemini? 140 for a 1.5L gemini is really cool. I only hav reached like 120kmph in the JT641 in various roads, like parliment rd, marine drive, Gall rd from katubedhha to rawathawatha junc. once i hav taken a fast corner from rajagiriya rd to pagoda road comin from batarramulla side at bout 50 or 60 kmph.

i think i ve been to this IT road once but my father was driving that day. nice empty road :huh:

yes machan it was mine.. i've never hit anything more than 110 on any other road (any time of day/night)... plain and simply cos i'm scared stiff... knowing the behavior of sri lankan drivers you never know when someone will just turn onto your path/road or when someone will walk across... thats why i personaly dont see anythign dangerous in Dragging on IT drive.

RUWDS, you should try that road out sometime.... seriously nice.... :D

yes machan it was mine.. i've never hit anything more than 110 on any other road (any time of day/night)... plain and simply cos i'm scared stiff... knowing the behavior of sri lankan drivers you never know when someone will just turn onto your path/road or when someone will walk across... thats why i personaly dont see anythign dangerous in Dragging on IT drive.

RUWDS, you should try that road out sometime.... seriously nice.... :huh:

Take it from a guy that travel that road after dark, there are plenty of probs. Mostly in the form of water buffolo u don't see until the last minute coz they blend into the dark. Also, its pretty crowded in the evenings.

Great, do you have a SLR?, what is the make and model of it? (Just curious, I'm really fond of SLRs)

Ya its a cannon EOS 350D... 8.0 megapixle with 28-70mm... and a 55-300m automatic zoom... and a 2x converter.. so you can go upto a 600mm zoom...

there are some pics i took with that camera in the thread about the Katukurunda races Feb15th... pretty good camera that is...

Take it from a guy that travel that road after dark, there are plenty of probs. Mostly in the form of water buffolo u don't see until the last minute coz they blend into the dark. Also, its pretty crowded in the evenings.

i went in the afternoon.. good road+ pleanty of sunlight + no people around... :huh:.. very rare combination if you can find one huh?

hey praveen ... how does the VZR perform on that road?

Ya its a cannon EOS 350D... 8.0 megapixle with 28-70mm... and a 55-300m automatic zoom... and a 2x converter.. so you can go upto a 600mm zoom...

there are some pics i took with that camera in the thread about the Katukurunda races Feb15th... pretty good camera that is...

i went in the afternoon.. good road+ pleanty of sunlight + no people around... :huh:.. very rare combination if you can find one huh?

Check the VZR N1 thread in the Nissan section.

i went in the afternoon.. good road+ pleanty of sunlight + no people around... :action-smiley-060:.. very rare combination if you can find one huh?

180+, thatz why he has been hunting all around the world for suitable a speedo meter that shows beyond 180 :D

180+, thatz why he has been hunting all around the world for suitable a speedo meter that shows beyond 180 :action-smiley-060:

ohhH!!!! heheheeee!!!! arent there digital ones that you fit on the dash for indicating speeds exceeding the analog meter.. i think i've seen this in movies.... i'm guessing tis real cos theoretically its not that hard to manufacture...

ohhH!!!! heheheeee!!!! arent there digital ones that you fit on the dash for indicating speeds exceeding the analog meter.. i think i've seen this in movies.... i'm guessing tis real cos theoretically its not that hard to manufacture...

yah but he's very picky you know :action-smiley-060:

yah but he's very picky you know :action-smiley-060:

i personally think the digital speedo looks col if you're looking for something to indicate the higher speeds... cos its easier to read than an analog...

praveen, how often do you take the car to work? i remember you saying one day that you get office transport..

Nice one, Canon 350D is really a good SLR, also it's quiet new as it's been released recently. I had it for some time when it came out, then sold it on the ebay and bought a Canon 20D as I really wanted it. Now I have the Canon 20D with Canon Ultrasonic 17-85 Lenses with Image Stabiliser and Canon 580ex Flash Light with Automatic Zoom. Picture quality wise 350D and 20D are same as the 20D has 8.2MP but the 20D is more reliable and semi professional.

wow its been a week since i didnt login looks like my side malabe is winning.

millenium it road is awesome but im sad abt the fact im missing my van which has been put to pannala for a bodykit so i took our automatic honda city for a ride .

In the van i hit 140 kmph

and in the city 168kmph -170 kmph

looks like im only 10 kmph less thsn preveens street speed

i personally think the digital speedo looks col if you're looking for something to indicate the higher speeds... cos its easier to read than an analog...

praveen, how often do you take the car to work? i remember you saying one day that you get office transport..

Was once a week, should be less from next week.

wow its been a week since i didnt login looks like my side malabe is winning.

millenium it road is awesome but im sad abt the fact im missing my van which has been put to pannala for a bodykit so i took our automatic honda city for a ride .

Thats all the meter shows, not my tops kiddo.

nice nice nice!!! :alc:

this coming from a dude not even old enough to get a Driving Lisence...:jumping-smiley-013:

WCC, nothing personal machan.. just bugging you a bit... :jumping-smiley-013:

mona nathan ape podda ne...

hey...

yesterday (friday) evening i went to malabe, and thought of chekcing out what was at the end of IT drive.... well... i didnt go too fast cos i wasnt sure if there were cops there, or how the road ended.... for those who havent ventured that far, its a dead end... and basically you ahve 3 options... if you go straight ahead you go smack into a lamp post.. you swerve a little to the left and you end up flying into a paddy-field.. yuo swerve a littel tot he right, there's a gravel road that goes downhill a bit.. but nothing you can go down at 60+kmph... oh and the 4th choice is swerve a little more than a 'little' and you end up hitting something like a security post...

anyway, i didnt speed on my way there...even took a look at praveen's office... sweet building that is...:)..

Hey me too went exploring da road yest..pretty much deserted it was..and u were correct abt da dead end.. :D had a closer luk @ praveen's office also :)