• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

It Drive- Malabe

Watchman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm good , but i think marine drive is too short n they should expand it from dehiwela to kollupitiya

Upto Kollupitiya junction might be nice. The original plan was to go upto Galle Face, but then imagine the havoc. It'll be going through a couple of schools as well as so many buildings, so I think they shelved that idea due to the political strings pulled by people who own land in that area. No need to guess who.

I'm OT :violent-smiley-030:

Upto Kollupitiya junction might be nice. The original plan was to go upto Galle Face, but then imagine the havoc. It'll be going through a couple of schools as well as so many buildings, so I think they shelved that idea due to the political strings pulled by people who own land in that area. No need to guess who.

I'm OT :violent-smiley-099:

Marine drive at the moment is a waste of time.. I drive to Kolpity every day and the days I take the shore road I end up being 15min late cause the by roads that lead to the Galle road are all blocked- even though the police try various tricks & methods every week to solve the problem :alc::alc: I think some strict 'one way' laws are needed...

Other than that marine drive is a lovely method of hitting 160 plus on a lazy Sunday afternoon. :violent-smiley-030:

Marine drive at the moment is a waste of time.. I drive to Kolpity every day and the days I take the shore road I end up being 15min late cause the by roads that lead to the Galle road are all blocked- even though the police try various tricks & methods every week to solve the problem :violent-smiley-099::alc: I think some strict 'one way' laws are needed...

Other than that marine drive is a lovely method of hitting 160 plus on a lazy Sunday afternoon. :violent-smiley-030:

yeah i agree with u bt there r some tactics when goin in marine drive, n machan my class starts at 8.30 Am n im leaving my home at 8.10 or 8.15 ( from attidiya ) but anyhow i manage to go to bambalapitiya IDM around 8.30 ( thanx to marine drive ) so that is why im hoping they should extend it to dehiwela,,,

hey...

yesterday (friday) evening i went to malabe, and thought of chekcing out what was at the end of IT drive.... well... i didnt go too fast cos i wasnt sure if there were cops there, or how the road ended.... for those who havent ventured that far, its a dead end... and basically you ahve 3 options... if you go straight ahead you go smack into a lamp post.. you swerve a little to the left and you end up flying into a paddy-field.. yuo swerve a littel tot he right, there's a gravel road that goes downhill a bit.. but nothing you can go down at 60+kmph... oh and the 4th choice is swerve a little more than a 'little' and you end up hitting something like a security post...

anyway, i didnt speed on my way there...even took a look at praveen's office... sweet building that is...:mellow:..

hey...

yesterday (friday) evening i went to malabe, and thought of chekcing out what was at the end of IT drive.... well... i didnt go too fast cos i wasnt sure if there were cops there, or how the road ended.... for those who havent ventured that far, its a dead end... and basically you ahve 3 options... if you go straight ahead you go smack into a lamp post.. you swerve a little to the left and you end up flying into a paddy-field.. yuo swerve a littel tot he right, there's a gravel road that goes downhill a bit.. but nothing you can go down at 60+kmph... oh and the 4th choice is swerve a little more than a 'little' and you end up hitting something like a security post...

anyway, i didnt speed on my way there...even took a look at praveen's office... sweet building that is...:mellow:..

cool... :D

hey...

anyway, i didnt speed on my way there...even took a look at praveen's office... sweet building that is...:)..

mystery solved, thumbs upto dilesh on his great expedition :D

Dilesh, may be one day you too should meet praveen at MIT on a full moon night :D:D

heheheee!!!

hey, maybe i will, but during the day :)..... and as for praveen, well, make sure to ahve a good full meal ready for me :P

i 'hear' that a 1500cc diesel gemini did 140kmph on IT drive....

p10100765xs.th.jpg

p10100771hj.th.jpg

heheheee!!!

hey, maybe i will, but during the day :D..... and as for praveen, well, make sure to ahve a good full meal ready for me :D

i 'hear' that a 1500cc diesel gemini did 140kmph on IT drive....

p10100765xs.th.jpg

p10100771hj.th.jpg

Not bad .... camera phone?