• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

It Drive- Malabe

Watchman

Hey…

For those of you who go up and down IT drive in Malabe….

Where does that road end? I’ve never been to the end.. and I don’t wanna go really fast on that road and have the road suddenly come to a dead end and me go flying into a field…. :)…I’ve gone a little further than the turn off to MIT, but don’t know how the road is beyond that… are there any big/sharp turns on it? Or big pot-hole si should be concerned about?

And how bad is it for an engine to be going on that road (or any road) at max speed…. Last thing I want to do is burn some piston rings or break a piston rod.

;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey…

For those of you who go up and down IT drive in Malabe….

Where does that road end? I’ve never been to the end.. and I don’t wanna go really fast on that road and have the road suddenly come to a dead end and me go flying into a field…. :)…I’ve gone a little further than the turn off to MIT, but don’t know how the road is beyond that… are there any big/sharp turns on it? Or big pot-hole si should be concerned about?

And how bad is it for an engine to be going on that road (or any road) at max speed…. Last thing I want to do is burn some piston rings or break a piston rod.

;)

Where exactly is dis IT drive in Malabe?????

Where exactly is dis IT drive in Malabe?????

welll, these days it's called "Chandrika Bandaranayake Kumaratunga Mawatha". Thought the person had to be dead to name roads after them :blush:

Just a bit out of the Malabe town, but not as far as SLIIT.

true... a person muct be dead for a road to be named after them,,,, but then again i remember seing a road in thissamaharama named after a minister.. i think it was Minister Fowzee or Late Mnister Ashraf (but this was before he died)...

so praveen?

where does this road end....

welll, these days it's called "Chandrika Bandaranayake Kumaratunga Mawatha". Thought the person had to be dead to name roads after them :blush:

Just a bit out of the Malabe town, but not as far as SLIIT.

Is this the new highway, where u get da Cinec Marine Campus?

Ahhh is that what it's called..that road falls right behind my house. :blush: but I have not gone very far in that..but I heard that it leads to Ambathale.

ah ok so then No problem.. Dilesh wont have a problem with the end of the road... he'll end up in your house... better get a housing insurance... just incase

ah ok so then No problem.. Dilesh wont have a problem with the end of the road... he'll end up in your house... better get a housing insurance... just incase

Or he might jus "drop in" for tea! ... lol!!

Or he might end up taking a bath like that Premio :blush: Remember that one? I think that was the night I first met Shak...

Or he might end up taking a bath like that Premio :blush: Remember that one? I think that was the night I first met Shak...

I heard there was a MR that went off the road somewhere there.. driven by a lady.... was it the IT road or some where else ?

I heard there was a MR that went off the road somewhere there.. driven by a lady.... was it the IT road or some where else ?

An MR-S went off the road, but not into the paddy fields. I have photo :blush: . But since the ladys hubby is a friend, and works with me, I'll not post those ;) The Premio when off the road into the stream. That was when ppl were leaving after a drag session.

An MR-S went off the road, but not into the paddy fields. I have photo :D . But since the ladys hubby is a friend, and works with me, I'll not post those :D The Premio when off the road into the stream. That was when ppl were leaving after a drag session.

guess that happens alot in dis road specially in da night.. :D:D

Or he might end up taking a bath like that Premio :D Remember that one? I think that was the night I first met Shak...

machang the Premio guy had a bath and a massage as well from the owner of the other car he hit before going for a dip in the paddy field :D

An MR-S went off the road, but not into the paddy fields. I have photo :D . But since the ladys hubby is a friend, and works with me, I'll not post those :D The Premio when off the road into the stream. That was when ppl were leaving after a drag session.

I got the photo too....

Correction: The car turned-air craft turned-submarine dipped not after a drag session but before a drag session that never happened coz of this incident.(BTW a small drag session happened at ATh***** prior to comin to MIT rd)