• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Eg8 Vs Ek3 Vs Es (best For Modifications) ?

da coolest

I currently own a EK3 and I need to modify my car (engine swap, exhaust modification etc) for local drag races. I'm not sure whether I should sell my EK3 and buy a EG8 or I should go with EK3 modification. (I have seen a lot of EG8 in drags) and I have the option to buy an ES if its better than the rest.

Do you think that I should get an EG? Or will I be able to achieve the same performance with EK3?

Thanks in advance!

I currently own a EK3 and I need to modify my car (engine swap, exhaust modification etc) for local drag races. I'm not sure whether I should sell my EK3 and buy a EG8 or I should go with EK3 modification. (I have seen a lot of EG8 in drags) and I have the option to buy an ES if its better than the rest.

Do you think that I should get an EG? Or will I be able to achieve the same performance with EK3?

Thanks in advance!

Hang in there for a while till RACERSEDGE gets on-line. He'll answer all your questions. :)

Thanks in advance!

Both cars has the same Engine, so do some mods for ur Ek, like new intake, exhaust manifold, downpipe, Chiped ECU, etc,

whts yo ek? a vi or a virs? if its exi u def need a 2 stage eng swap!( cost sm extra money)these days its bit low price to get a good eg8 sohc 1500 or 1600 n do the rest ,eg8 is bit lighter than ek3 so u will get that advantage too. or u can redo yo ek3 if its vtec,

a bit head adjustment, ecu change, final drive n close ratio gear box,change in 4 branch ,air intake u can get good power ,but suspencion change wd do loto on handeling n keeping it stedy on high speeds,

whts yo ek? a vi or a virs? if its exi u def need a 2 stage eng swap!( cost sm extra money)these days its bit low price to get a good eg8 sohc 1500 or 1600 n do the rest ,eg8 is bit lighter than ek3 so u will get that advantage too. or u can redo yo ek3 if its vtec,

a bit head adjustment, ecu change, final drive n close ratio gear box,change in 4 branch ,air intake u can get good power ,but suspencion change wd do loto on handeling n keeping it stedy on high speeds,

thanks for the info. yes i thought about an engine swap, K20 or B18C if its possible. But If I select en EG8 over EK3, will there be a big difference? is it worth selling my EK and buying an EG? do you think that I will be able to get the same performance with EK3? thanks again for the info, they became very helpful.

what i have is a 4 doors model, with non-vtec engine. looks like this one.

pic6.jpg not the exi

Edited by da coolest

Both cars has the same Engine, so do some mods for ur Ek, like new intake, exhaust manifold, downpipe, Chiped ECU, etc,

thanks friend. i thought about the engine swap with something similar to K20, when thinking about the body of the car, which body would help to achieve the best performance? EK3 vs EG8? I have the EK now. do you think that it would be worth selling my EK and buying an EG for the engine swap ?

thanks friend. i thought about the engine swap with something similar to K20, when thinking about the body of the car, which body would help to achieve the best performance? EK3 vs EG8? I have the EK now. do you think that it would be worth selling my EK and buying an EG for the engine swap ?

What about EG6..If u r ok wit hatches..

thanks for the reply. yes that would be a good choice. I found several CRXs for sale. will I be able to swap its engine with a K20 or something similar?

Yes bro..You can swap K20A in to both EG & EK chassis. But i have some doubt on availability 7 the price range of the engine & spares in SL. I think racersedge or gearHead will add some more on this..

Just refer www.k20a.org or google with 'k20 into EG'..You can find nice articls on this.

cheepest thing is get a crx(gen2) n put a 1.6 or 1.8sir or a type r with a chipped ecu..will gv u a good power mate n its good on spares too.

Thanks in advance!

I bought a CRX with B16 engine and few more modifications. But im little confused about something someone told me, like the EK3 sedan is much more lighter than the CRX and CRX with B16 can easily beaten by the EK3 with same eigne etc..

do you think that the CRX is better option when compared to EK3 sedan and EG8?

I bought a CRX with B16 engine and few more modifications. But im little confused about something someone told me, like the EK3 sedan is much more lighter than the CRX and CRX with B16 can easily beaten by the EK3 with same eigne etc..

do you think that the CRX is better option when compared to EK3 sedan and EG8?

Dude, dont believe everything every joker tells you. The CRX is a lightweight, 2 seater coupe whereas the EK3 is a 4 door family sedan.. so its kinda unlikely that the the 4 door family car is lighter than the 2 seater coupe which is SMALLER, dont ya think?

for reference

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-honda-civic...7-august/12515/

There is the spec sheet of the 1997 Civic Ferio EK generation Si sedan, Notice the "Kerbweight"? 1130 KG

and here

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-honda-cr-x-...eptember/11346/

is the spec sheet of the 1990 Honda CR-X SiR (which has the B16A motor), notice the weight there? 970 KG

Now im no "performance expert", nor do i claim to be a honda expert, but any schlob can probably see that the CRX is lighter by a whole 160 Kilos.

Of course this advantage can be lost if you have a couple of dozen kilos of fiberglass hanging off your car (Bodykits and such), but as you can see above, whoever told you the weight tale wasn't being entirely truthful.

Dude, dont believe everything every joker tells you. The CRX is a lightweight, 2 seater coupe whereas the EK3 is a 4 door family sedan.. so its kinda unlikely that the the 4 door family car is lighter than the 2 seater coupe which is SMALLER, dont ya think?

for reference

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-honda-civic...7-august/12515/

There is the spec sheet of the 1997 Civic Ferio EK generation Si sedan, Notice the "Kerbweight"? 1130 KG

and here

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-honda-cr-x-...eptember/11346/

is the spec sheet of the 1990 Honda CR-X SiR (which has the B16A motor), notice the weight there? 970 KG

Now im no "performance expert", nor do i claim to be a honda expert, but any schlob can probably see that the CRX is lighter by a whole 160 Kilos.

Of course this advantage can be lost if you have a couple of dozen kilos of fiberglass hanging off your car (Bodykits and such), but as you can see above, whoever told you the weight tale wasn't being entirely truthful.

thanks a lot for the explanation. My confusion is almost over. I'm not an experienced driver, and this information are very useful to me. thanks