• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Law Abiding Police Officers

Muditha420

i agree with your viewpoint a 100%... a guy runover and killed by a V*P convoy or a military officer is gonna be just as dead as someone whos is killed run over by you me to a three-wheeler...

But like you said you cant expect to get special treatment based on who you are. At the same time, the cop trying to make a quick-buck needs to be set right too.... so i find it a bit hard picking sides in this :unsure:

but i guess if boils down the simple question of 'did you commit a traffic offense'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence

Guys u got my intentions a bit wrong here :rolleyes: ....i dont mind being coped for violating road rules...hell i agree with u totally... :)

the identification was given by my father since the cop asked for it....since u dont know my fathers attitude regarding law please dont be quick to gudge, that the id was shown to get away from a situation... by the way if your father was in the army i highly doubt he would show his national id rather then the Army id in a situation like this...???

after driving 200+km its bit hard when u find a plum(3wheeler) in the middle of the road idling as he likes when there is a lot of space to move to the side.

i posted this so others would be aware that certain people might try to help them selves to ur wallet under the cover of a uniform

on a personal note...i dont think anyone should insult others..specially a man with a uniform...since i personally luk up to them B)

Guys i knw i crossed the lines but the thing is this :D ... my farther is a Army officer we got caught behind a slow movin 3wheeler tired of waitin i passed him...then got caught to the police...

The police officer had insulted my father when he produced identification who he is & the officer has told "meya baba paat danawane kiyala"...

machan if ur father talk to the cop nicely and show him the army ID im pretty sure there will be no issue, once i was stoped at colombo and i didnt had my DL, ID or insurance with me, then i said one of my uncles name, been a X army commander and i said i have lost my wallet, then the officer said no problem and he told me the way to get a new ID, fortunatly on the way home i found my wallet next the the pasanger seat, what im saying is even ur dad in Army still he has to obay road rules, but if he tak to the cop nicely he would have said " sorry sir for stopinf u " :)

machan if ur father talk to the cop nicely and show him the army ID im pretty sure there will be no issue, once i was stoped at colombo and i didnt had my DL, ID or insurance with me, then i said one of my uncles name, been a X army commander and i said i have lost my wallet, then the officer said no problem and he told me the way to get a new ID, fortunatly on the way home i found my wallet next the the pasanger seat, what im saying is even ur dad in Army still he has to obay road rules, but if he tak to the cop nicely he would have said " sorry sir for stopinf u " :)

Bro he did talk politly...i was there considering i was the one driving. the cop took a long time to do anyting coz of that ma father came...remember the cop doesn't exist according to the DIG...anyways we came across a cop in Kandy who i've to say was very polite n helpfull and upon asking n finding out father is in the army...offered directions as well..

lol, good one dude. Over here they need to have a sign before the actual sign saying the speed limit is going to be reduced ahead so people have time to reduce speed 'cos there's no freaking way people can slam on the brakes as soon as they pass a sign with a lower limit.

well I had the last laugh, but the cop kept me standing under scorching sun for abt 40 minutes untill he leisurely went through my papers and car - SOB!

Muditha, its a bit hard to agree (or even dsagree) with you when we dont know the full story and your story keeps coming in tiny episodes of events.

So, you say you gave chase to the pickup, what happened at the end of it?

And it is possible that the officer who stopped you was from city-traffic, in which case that officer wont be under that areas local station.

And I dont think anyone here disrespects the military by default. But using thier influence (not just a military offiver but any person of rank in whatever occupation) to get out of being dealt with accordingly for an offence they commit, does make them a tiny bit less respectable. But thats just one person's opinion..

So, the bottom line is if you HAD crossed the double-line, what should have done was to hand in your lisence get the temp-lisence fine-sheet or whatever and go pay the fine. True, most of us bribe the officer and to avoid the hassle of loitering at the police/post-office. But if you dont endorse bribery and insisted on getting the fine-sheet the officer would have had no choice but to let you go if he indeed WAS self-stationed with the intention of making a quick buck.

But guys, now there is an option offered by some of the cops for us to pay the fine on the spot!! :angry-smiley-048: This hapened to me twice at Colombo. The cop has rejected the bribes saying that i should be punished for what i have done (U turn at ibbanwala junc and turnin right at senanayaka junc) but kindly offered the lowest fine which is 500 because this is my first time (i told him this is my first time :rolleyes: )... but after writing even the papers the bugger was telling "ok il do a favor to you... as you are a busy person, you make the payment now which is 500 for the fine + 50 postal fee, so you dont have to bothr abr goin for the payments". but unfortunately i didn't have any 50's and the funniest part is he agreed to pay that postal fee of 50 for me.... :angry-smiley-048:

Definitly he may hav thought that am an idiot to beliv him. But i didnt wanna bother about talkin coz atleast i got rid of waitin in annoying ques at city traffic. <_<

magneto bro!

usually when u pay the "spot fine" there is a huge discount offered

for a 500 buck fine u should not pay anything more than 200 say 250max

;););)

WHAT??! I thought the 'fine' structure started at Rs 500? Damn! I've been over paying!!