• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Great Crash Video

Mani

that guy in vid one is one lucky bugger..i thought he got crushed by that viper :o ..I think the crash against the barrier which made the tail section bend upwrds saved his life..

Edited by GearHead

The driver was Tetsuya Ota.

movtetsuyaotahelmet.jpg

He survived the fiery multi-car pileup he involved during a JGTC race at Fuji Speedway on May 3, 1998, caused by a safety car who sped twice over the recommended speed in torrential rain during a parade lap.

An RX-7 Driver Shinichi Yamaji stopped in front of the Ferrari while the other cars drove on, took a fire extinguisher from his own car to extinguish the fire and then helped to release Ota's safety harness before marshals arrived.

Ota was trapped in his car for almost 90 seconds while exposed to 800-degree temperatures and had to be dragged out of the car by a safety marshal, another marshal picked Ota up to be bundled to the circuit's minivan, rather than the ambulance.

Ota was treated for third-degree burns to his face and neck area and minor burns to the rest of the body, but was fortunate to survive. He required plastic surgery to the nasal area as a result of the visor melting on his face. He also suffered from intoxication from the fumes he inhaled from the fire.

He was unable to function his right arm, right shoulder and fingers properly, causing an end to his professional career.

Ota filed a damages suit against seven organizers for their failure to implement proper safety measures.He won the multi millon dollor law-suite.

Shortly after, there has been a documentary film about the incident titled Crash , released in 2003 as well as the book titled Re-Birth, documenting his struggle to rebuild his life and his body.

Sourced internet

MINIACE

The full video here

Will post full details about the crash soon.

MINIACE

Realy dissapointed the way others act. But was very happy to see he manage to sue em.

"visor melting on his face" wonder how that feels. :ninja:

• 1 month later...

R.I.P Henry Surtees( 1991 - 2009 )

At Brands Hatch on 19 July 2009, Surtees was hit on the head by a wheel from the car of Jack Clarke after Clarke spun into the wall exiting Westfield Bend. The wheel broke its tether and bounced back across the track into the following group of cars and collided with Surtees' helmet. The car continued straight ahead into the barrier on the approach to Sheene Curve, also losing a wheel, and came to rest at the end of the curve with its remaining rear wheel still spinning. This indicated that Surtees had lost consciousness, with his foot still pressing the accelerator.

Surtees was extricated from the car and taken to the circuit's medical centre, where he was stabilised before being transferred to the Royal London Hospital. His death was attributed to severe head injuries, inflicted by colliding with the wheel rather than the following crash with the barriers, and was announced later that day.-Wiki

• 2 months later...

i couldn't find an appropriate place to put this so landed it here - well worth watching the video - yet another that proves that despite looking and feeling like tanks older cars aren't anywhere near as safe some of the modern day cars :mellow:

shame about the Chevy though :(

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well there's nothing great about this at all...but since we've posted some racing tragedies in this thread,here goes.

Rest in peace shoya tomizawa!...moto2 rider...1990-2010

a truly horrible crash...and while watching live,I was appalled to see the response of the marshals and medical staff....thats two gone in two weeks.

34nh460.jpg

On Sunday 5th September during the Moto2 race at the Misano World Circuit, rider Shoya Tomizawa aged 19 suffered a serious crash and subsequent cranial, thoracic and abdominal trauma.

Given the seriousness of his condition - especially for the thoracic and abdominal trauma - Tomizawa was immediately treated at the Misano World Circuit medical centre and put under artificial respiration.

The rider was taken by ambulance to the Riccione hospital accompanied by two doctors - helicopter was not used in order to allow for the proper respiratory support to be administered. Despite various attempts to resuscitate him Shoya sadly succumbed to his injuries at 14.20.

Everybody involved in MotoGP extends its deepest condolences to Shoya’s family and friends at this tragic loss.

Click here to send your condolence messages for Shoya Tomizawa’s family and friends.

Edited by MasterDon

Well there's nothing great about this at all...but since we've posted some racing tragedies in this thread,here goes.

Rest in peace shoya tomizawa!...moto2 rider...1990-2010

a truly horrible crash...and while watching live,I was appalled to see the response of the marshals and medical staff....thats two gone in two weeks.

34nh460.jpg

On Sunday 5th September during the Moto2 race at the Misano World Circuit, rider Shoya Tomizawa aged 19 suffered a serious crash and subsequent cranial, thoracic and abdominal trauma.

Given the seriousness of his condition - especially for the thoracic and abdominal trauma - Tomizawa was immediately treated at the Misano World Circuit medical centre and put under artificial respiration.

The rider was taken by ambulance to the Riccione hospital accompanied by two doctors - helicopter was not used in order to allow for the proper respiratory support to be administered. Despite various attempts to resuscitate him Shoya sadly succumbed to his injuries at 14.20.

Everybody involved in MotoGP extends its deepest condolences to Shoya’s family and friends at this tragic loss.

Click here to send your condolence messages for Shoya Tomizawa’s family and friends.

yeah...saw this and i hoped he'd survive it :(

i think there had been heavy trauma to his brain, lungs and stomach!

sad end to a young promising rider...he was only 19 :(

yeah...saw this and i hoped he'd survive it :(

i think there had been heavy trauma to his brain, lungs and stomach!

sad end to a young promising rider...he was only 19 :(

yeah...sad stuff...when both redding and de angelis ran over him I suspected he was a goner.

was horrified to see the medics just plopped scott redding on to the stretcher without even putting on neck and back braces...not to mention them dropping tomizawa's stretcher. :angry:

• 1 month later...

Alex Premat's crash at yesterday's Germen touring car championship leg at the Adria speedway...Thankfully no fatalities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udMob3c2RSY

Fun fact:Paul De Resta,who spins out during the first couple of seconds of the vid,is highly tipped to replace Sutil at Force India next season after being their test driver for years.

Edited by MasterDon

• 7 months later...