• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Guy Is Building Himself A Lamborghini

zonda

33-year old Canadian Woody "Wood" Sticksandbranches is making himself a Lamborghini. The vehicle is built on top of a $60 Pontiac Fiero chassis and promises to be one hell of a good looking ride.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

10.JPG

Edited by zonda

thats some decent metal work, but something needs to be done about the axels - look at how far back the wheels sit inside those arches :o

and for the record when was the last time any of you'll came across so much as an unmolsted looking picture of a Pontiac Fiero on the net even?

:blink:

& question for the lads in the states n there about : are there such things as Stock Fiero's there?? :huh:

when i was in the us... (about 6 years bck) i remember looking for these cars and there were quite a few but my budget was only 600 bucks. never could find a decent one under 1k.

so went with a datsun 280z instead..

thats some decent metal work, but something needs to be done about the axels - look at how far back the wheels sit inside those arches :o

i think there's confusion in the order of the pictures lined up, look at the 6th picture from top and you'll find he has already extended axels.

I tink it a cool project....like to see once its totally done up. Hey few days back in at a joint in kottawa where they make defender jeeps i saw a locally made Hummer body,It was smaller though.

Yeah i've seen tht too..S##na motors..rite?? i asked bout it and he said tht it was made for a landrover :rolleyes: ...but nt finished yet..

is that a Gallardo he is trying to immitate?

impressed with the metal work - gonna be heavy though considering he is also having a metal sub frame under the body panels for support

a real lambo body is made of what mostly? fibre glass? [correct term GRP]/ carbon fibre? / kevlar?

from front and rear it looks narrower that a lambo on the streets but that could be a fault of image re-sizing

he seems to be using a temp set of wheels while the car is in the making hence the appearance of a set-back. There is one picture with the proper wider wheels in place so that how it's gonna look like once done

Edited by HardHat

I say, did NO ONE else notice all the innuendos in the text? This is supposed to be a family friendly forum Zonda! :lol:

okay i'm ashamed to admit it , but i'm not getting it :(

i knew there was something not right at the begining of that sentence , but still missing it :unsure:

I tink it a cool project....like to see once its totally done up. Hey few days back in at a joint in kottawa where they make defender jeeps i saw a locally made Hummer body,It was smaller though.

Please please tell me its not for a Land Rover ?? :o

Yeah i've seen tht too..S##na motors..rite?? i asked bout it and he said tht it was made for a landrover :rolleyes: ...but nt finished yet..

& i have my answer :(

honestly! thats just plain ole sacrilage & blesphemy all rolled up into one in'it! :<_<

is nothing holy?!?!?! :(

is that a Gallardo he is trying to immitate?

impressed with the metal work - gonna be heavy though considering he is also having a metal sub frame under the body panels for support

a real lambo body is made of what mostly? fibre glass? [correct term GRP]/ carbon fibre? / kevlar?

most are a mix of carbon & steel i recon - or it could be an aluminium monocoque or is it a Elise like tub design? :unsure:

did anyone notice the V8 with a turbo as well in the first image! :blink:

Ya Darkangel, its at that joint..... Wonder how it will look on dont no how it will look on a Land Rover chasy. But it looks rather small so it mite look odd....

Have any of you guys seen a Shelby Cobra in SL. A friend of mine had seen one, its in some factory yard, some rich dude owns it. Probably got down in parts and assembled it. Wanted to go see it but never had the time. Just want to touch it for good luck

Man Builds Lamborghini Countach In Basement, Has To Dig It Out When Complete

basement7.jpg

Source - www.geekologie.com

Ten years ago Ken Imhoff started building a Lamborghini Countach in his basement.

A little history on the car. 100% hand crafted Countach out of aluminum and a space tube frame. All aluminum body formed on a wooden buck using an English wheel. My own design space frame with Corvette hubs and custom A-arms. Mated to a ZF-25 5 speed. S.S. 180 degree headers GT40 design "bundle of snakes" Boss 351 bored stroked to 377 515hp 48 IDA Webbers. One off TransAm BBS rim shells to my own center section wheels. Custom brake package to fit 16" wheels. Fuel cell, twin aluminum sprint car (Howe) radiators. All aluminum interior with leather dash, Momo seats and 5 point harness, on board halon fire bottle. quick release steering wheel. Low to the ground at 2700 lbs. 100% body correct by using a real Countach to measure from. Over 10 years in the making.

basement8.jpg

And now, it's complete. The only problem is, Ken's basement has no outside access. So what do he do? Simple -- made some. He actually hired a contractor to dig down to basement level, destroy a basement wall, and pull the car out.

basement6.jpg

basement5.jpg

basement4.jpg

basement3.jpg

basement2.jpg

basement1.jpg

okay i'm ashamed to admit it , but i'm not getting it :(

i knew there was something not right at the begining of that sentence , but still missing it :unsure:

Ok I'm thinkin he was refering to "woody" as in ...err morning wood... :rolleyes::D

Oh and also could it be in terms of getting an extention of sorts? he he he

But then the name itself???? 'Woody "Wood" Sticksandbranches' ?????? is that for real????

failing to spot anything else ....... Tried very hard tho :D

Peri?????

Edited by SHAI

Ok I'm thinkin he was refering to "woody" as in ...err morning wood... :rolleyes::D

But then the name itself???? 'Woody "Wood" Sticksandbranches' ?????? is that for real????

Peri?????

Zonda seems to have edited it :D

Peri?????

....& AL moves up to a PG-13 rating! :lol:

Ya Darkangel, its at that joint..... Wonder how it will look on dont no how it will look on a Land Rover chasy. But it looks rather small so it mite look odd....

Have any of you guys seen a Shelby Cobra in SL. A friend of mine had seen one, its in some factory yard, some rich dude owns it. Probably got down in parts and assembled it. Wanted to go see it but never had the time. Just want to touch it for good luck

i've heard of a project which used to assemble Cobra replicas to be shippver overseas ( Sount Africa? :unsure: ) , but i think the car your reffering to was the one in the F.B mkt place... :mellow:

BMW drivetrain i believe the advert read..

i've heard of a project which used to assemble Cobra replicas to be shippver overseas ( Sount Africa? :unsure: ) , but i think the car your reffering to was the one in the F.B mkt place... :mellow:

BMW drivetrain i believe the advert read..

Devind, sorry for my ignorance what u mean my F.B mkt.????.

U mean they were assembled ere in SL?? I wana go check this car out man...