• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need An Optional 12v Power Output?? How Can I Gain This??

revx

Question

10 answers to this question

:mellow: i mean i hv installed a subwoofer bt itz nt wrkin whn head lamps are turn on,,so hw cn i fix this,,

First, you need to shoot the monkey who installed it... second, take it to a recommended place and have it checked.

well this happens when ur battery cant take the load and when ur alternator is not powerful enough.. however when they do install high power amps they are suppose to rectify this with high end capacitors, voltage stabliazers, and lastsly step up transformers...

if all else fails u need to put a bigger batery or a bigger alternator..

how big is the battery as in amperage and whats the amp rating on the alternator.. and what lastly whats the car....

Edited by charitha19

This thread is overflowing with info on your setup!!! (sarcastic) a capacitor should fix this I believe.

heh heh :) :)

when i wanted to get a 15' full excursion sub installed the stereo guys said i would need another battery :angry-smiley-048:

naturally that was the end of that and i'm living with my 6x9's....

it can be a DIY job if you have fair knowledge about car electrics, all what you need is high amp wire, fuse and few wire connectors. Provide a direct line (with a fuse )from battery (+) terminal to the power input of the sub woofer.
you mean amplifier. I'm trying not to imagine battery power to the sub.

And to elaborate on your post. here's a typical wiring scheme.

Battery ---> fuse ---> capacitor "+" (capacitor "-" goes to ground) ---> amp.

Ref. signal from head unit ---> amp ref. input

Pre-amps from head unit ---> amp inputs

Depending on how powerful your amp/sub combo is, you may not need a capacitor. I'm guessing somewhere like 500W and above (don't quote me on this, each system/car has its own quirks), you may want a capacitor so other stuff in your car don't act wired like they are doing now.

Edited by MeanGreenZ28