• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Korean Cars

Hiran690

Go they break up more often, like after a year or two, just my assumption after experiences with a relative's car :D

better fuel economy though as I heard.....

Edited by shanX

Hi..... take my word .. do not go for Korean cars... they are not @ all hardy....i have had first hand experience...

I bought a unregistered accent & used it for 15 months before i sold it... so many repairs & not @ all fun to drive... maybe the one i got was hacked or maybe cos i went from a 9 year old Civic EG8 to a 2 year old Accent :-) ... but it had done only 22,000KM when i got it and still the 9 year old Civic which had done 175,000KM was much better

Stick to Jap cars.....

Edited by Chris0628

Things are changing my friend. Wonder why there are loads of Korean cars in the market nowadays? I am sure all these buyers don't want to throw away there millions to buy junk! Don't forget the days when people thought twice to buy "made in Japan" brands. It was all English and German at that time.

Things are changing my friend. Wonder why there are loads of Korean cars in the market nowadays? I am sure all these buyers don't want to throw away there millions to buy junk! Don't forget the days when people thought twice to buy "made in Japan" brands. It was all English and German at that time.

Things might be chaning... but the Korean car i think has a long way to go... I agree that most of them are nicely designed & has loads of toys...etc... but the build quality comes into play after a few years....

I use a 2002 1300cc Accent. I've no probs with it.

Its good on fuel, and it doesn't 'break up'as stated above.I've driven aprox 70,000 km up todate -- hardly any repairs.

Generally I make it a point to go from A to B as fast & safely as possible, and I get 14kmpl. therefore I have no complaints at all.

I use a Mitsubishi as well, the only positive as i can see by driving it, is the so called 'status' :D & the looks compared to an Accent, apart from that, everything else is better in the Accent.

Also I very humbly state here that the Accent has the capability of competing with any car - --[obviously on our Sri Lankan roads], i generally can keep ahead of most vehicles on the road. Infact yesterday I started late to go for the Bradby in Kandy - and i managed to pass all the vehicles in front of me -- [for the guys who went for the Bradby yesterday- I'm sure you would have noticed a silver HQ accent pass you - after all you would have noticed because its a 'bashed' car in all kinds of forums B) ]. [pls note-- i'm not trying to boast about my driving skills, but about the capabilities of this 'bashed' car.]

Seriously i would recommend to anyone to go for an Accent. The only disadvantage I see in going for a Korean car is in Sri Lanka, is that the 02nd hand market isn't that great here. But if you are planning to use the car for a long time - i would say go for it.

Edited by mirage7777
  • Like 1

Things might be chaning... but the Korean car i think has a long way to go... I agree that most of them are nicely designed & has loads of toys...etc... but the build quality comes into play after a few years....

All depends on how you look after her and not hack them like no tomorrow.

I have read some where, during the early days of Hyundai, they were assembling engines, gear boxes etc for Mitsubishi. Mitsu was sharing their powertrain technology with Hyundai. But when Hyundai came up with their own petrol engine - that was it. Hyundai went solo and never looked back since.

Did you know that the ECU's used in Hyundai's are from Siemens, Germany. There are many Japanese & European electrical/mechanical parts in these cars. So Hyundai is not 100% Korean.

I used to have a 19- Kia Sportage jeep, i tink it was a super jeep. Fuel economy cant grumble it used to do 8Km per ltr. i used a Suzuki Vitara also that also was 19-, but my Kia was always more comfortable. I tink Hundai's are better Korean vehicle.

• Like 1