• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Accord - Dieing Act???

isurujosh

[okey this I din't quote from anywhere]:)

Those who have been in touch with Honda, know well what happened to the Honda Legend, the luxury sedan that once ruled in the US market. Seeing the success of this award winning piece by Honda, Lexus and other premium nameplates stepped into the market and ousted the Honda Legend.

My worst fear now is whether the Honda Accord also may fade into history pages in front of the massive competiton by Toyota Camry...

Fundamentally Honda Accord stay ahead of the Camry from almost every experts reviews, but people especially in the US market shy away from the Accord and buy the Camry given it's low price tag, more exotic interior and faster accelaration despite Honda Accord's overall better appeal.

I believe that it is high time that Honda considered the threat imminent and revamp the Accord, that is my wish as far as a Honda lover is concerned...

New generation Camry...

180112feat2tz.jpg

2006 Honda Accord[uS version]

large12we.jpg

The Accord is ugly .. I've always thought that. It does however outperform the Camry, but still is ugly. The first coment any magazine made about the Accord it that it performs Very well, but the looks are pretty boring. The Camry maybe boring in performance (compared to the Accord) but atleast it's not ugly. The interior of the Accord is nicer, but the exterior is still ugly. the new rearend made the Accord a little more apealing, but it's still ugly. the rear is good now, but the front end still looks like a drunken Platypus ... you see what I'm getting at? Nobody wants to buy an ugly car, nomatter how good it works ... just ask the guys who brought you the Pontiac Aztek and the older Chevy Avalanche with all the body cladding, YUK!

Honda engines are reliable as a camel in the desert but, so are Toyotas (and Toyota has a better reputation for it). I've seen a lot more older Toyota's still running around here than Hondas ... go figure.

Honda is doing real good with its Civic and small trucks in the US, but when the typical Civic buyer gets older, there are much nicer well built options than a well built ugly car ... lol

I'm done

People who bought the Aztek are also probably the people who have ugly spouses too ... lol ... they work just as well as the others, but they're not that gifted in the looks department.

Now, the Acura RL is one FINE PEICE OF MACHINERY !!! My previous boss had one and I'd take it for a spin everytime he asked my to work on it.

The Accord is ugly .. I've always thought that. It does however outperform the Camry, but still is ugly. The first coment any magazine made about the Accord it that it performs Very well, but the looks are pretty boring. The Camry maybe boring in performance (compared to the Accord) but atleast it's not ugly. The interior of the Accord is nicer, but the exterior is still ugly. the new rearend made the Accord a little more apealing, but it's still ugly. the rear is good now, but the front end still looks like a drunken Platypus ... you see what I'm getting at? Nobody wants to buy an ugly car, nomatter how good it works ... just ask the guys who brought you the Pontiac Aztek and the older Chevy Avalanche with all the body cladding, YUK!

Honda engines are reliable as a camel in the desert but, so are Toyotas (and Toyota has a better reputation for it). I've seen a lot more older Toyota's still running around here than Hondas ... go figure.

Honda is doing real good with its Civic and small trucks in the US, but when the typical Civic buyer gets older, there are much nicer well built options than a well built ugly car ... lol

I'm done

Ouuuuuuch that hurts!!! ;) hope that the exterior designer of the Accord dont bump into this thread by any chance - sure suicidal case for him :)

"I've seen a lot more older Toyota's still running around here than Hondas ... go figure."

Mostly because Honda parts are more expensive and hard to find, all around the world(in comparsion to Toyota i mean)

actually the legend is not dead.. it wasw just rebadged as the acura RL.

and speaking of the aztek, i always did wonder why people purchased that thing...

Yah the legend has resurfaced but not to it's long lost glory. check http://www.autozine.org/html/Honda/Legend.html

I'm done

Dude I cant belive anyone calling an accord ugly! what about the Cf4?? It's beautiful!!!

accord07uz.th.jpg

This is to avoid anyone who might get the impression "Honda Sucks" - well it doesn't, may be the Accord does(a little bit) :)

http://www.tnn.co.uk/WorldwideNews/plonear...1-10.1195153402

The 2006 Honda Ridgeline and Honda Civic have earned the prestigious 2006 'North American Truck of the Year' and 'North American Car of the Year' awards respectively.

"Award after award Civic rules"

Dude I cant belive anyone calling an accord ugly! what about the Cf4?? It's beautiful!!!

accord07uz.th.jpg

Hey Pila, meangreen is refering to the US accord I guess not the jap accord, the jap accord is sold in the US as Acura TSX(with a 2L DOHC VTEC Engine)

BTW to show images in this new forum you may use the "hotlinks for the forum" ones...

This is to avoid anyone who might get the impression "Honda Sucks" - well it doesn't, may be the Accord does(a little bit) :)

http://www.tnn.co.uk/WorldwideNews/plonear...1-10.1195153402

The 2006 Honda Ridgeline and Honda Civic have earned the prestigious 2006 'North American Truck of the Year' and 'North American Car of the Year' awards respectively.

"Award after award Civic rules"

Hey Pila, meangreen is refering to the US accord I guess not the jap accord, the jap accord is sold in the US as Acura TSX(with a 2L DOHC VTEC Engine)

BTW to show images in this new forum you may use the "hotlinks for the forum" ones...

Yeah.. just finding my way around the new forum.. Well body wise the cars are very much the same.. JDM or ADM, just the branding different... But I really love the looks of the Cf4, even considered buying one but the engine put me off ie 140 bhp SOHC.. but I've seen a few SiR Accords around town, all of 'em autos though ;) and you'll never find an f/h series gear box to do the swap.

Yeah.. just finding my way around the new forum.. Well body wise the cars are very much the same.. JDM or ADM, just the branding different... But I really love the looks of the Cf4, even considered buying one but the engine put me off ie 140 bhp SOHC.. but I've seen a few SiR Accords around town, all of 'em autos though :) and you'll never find an f/h series gear box to do the swap.

US Accord ADM

accordus11gm.jpg

Jap Accord JDM

accordeuro24ut.jpg

Looks very different...