• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is Happening With The Fighting In The Ne?

Mani

yet another interesting quote

Sri Lanka rating outlook cut to negative by S&P

http://lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=1033519575

must be a part of the international conspiracy.....

oh yeah, was wondering what the response would be... and true to form, our wonderfully capable central bank governor, the learned Nivard Cabraal, has responded with "that decision was biased and arbitrary, and we dont accept it..."

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=49576

apparently he knows better than S&P....

Sigh

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good article by DBS Jeyaraj.Take time to read carefully.

http://dbsjeyaraj.com/dbsj/archives/611

Profile of David Buell Sabapathy Jeyaraj (DBS Jeyaraj) cen be found here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Jeyaraj

MINIACE

That is by far the best and most optimistic piece of reporting i've seen in the past few days.... however, a read through the comments shows that about half of the commentators still think that the sinhalese will persecute them, and quite a few are still banging on about taking the fight for eelam international :unsure:

The blueprint DBS has laid out is probably the best path to be taken, lets hope those at the top are not too swollen headed and power drunk to take notice and make it work....

Also, one guy in comments has said that we should work toward a country where people will be judged solely on merit, and where race, religion, creed etc will not even be considered. Heck, If singapore could manage that, i dont see why we cant!

There's hope for the future gents, But there is also a very thin line between success and a recurrence of the same bloody mess in a different form..... A LOT rides on the shoulders of every single person....

Some of these news organizations need to take care how some of these articles are written. Since Monday I have read over 100 different articles on the conclusion of the war, how it came about and what is in the future for SL.

Many articles still continue to refer to the populous as Tamils and Sri Lankans. What this type of wording referencing or implying is that Tamils = LTTE and Sri Lankas = Sinhalese. These small subtle words can have a big psychological impacts. I hope these people will start realizing how what they write and say come across and take care to be more sensitive to point out that Sri Lankans = every native Sri Lankan regardless of ethnicity and LTTE is just that and not imply Tamils as the LTTE.

As the SL government re-populate the Tamils, there aught to be lot of thought given to how to go about doing it. If we resettle the Tamils to the North, like in the past, it will most definitely segregate the two group once again. IMO, the Tamils should be re-populated throughout the entire country. Conversely, more Sinhalese should populate North and North East so there is no segregation. I think first and foremost we need to learn to live with each other and respect each of our cultures. It'll be counter productive to let all the Tamils go back to where they were and pretend that all is well.

This is much easily said than done but I think it is a worthwhile effort and a good thing for the country. Hope I'm not speaking out of my back side on this issue.

come on boys do you really think what we discuss here has any impact internationally?

anyway i too am with ripper. but i don't understand why he would let himself be captured alive? my guess is he was shot by SLA without knowing he's praba and was later recognized and cleaned up for the public display

actually m8...my view or guess is a lot worse...

i think he was capture much earlier... tortured for his misdeeds and finally taken out since keeping him would've been lot worse...

sldf folks knew the man was trapped in the last few days and they somewhat new his whereabouts... since most of the fighting were quite close quarter and ltte leader wont be traveling without his security detail i doubt that there could have been a "mistaken identity"....

I'm with supra 100% on what he says in his last post. We have to be optimistic but at the same time be a lot more responsible in our actions to make sure this cursed war and all that carnage ends here... lets not ruin future generations with these useless, worthless hostilities...

Some of these news organizations need to take care how some of these articles are written. Since Monday I have read over 100 different articles on the conclusion of the war, how it came about and what is in the future for SL.

Many articles still continue to refer to the populous as Tamils and Sri Lankans. What this type of wording referencing or implying is that Tamils = LTTE and Sri Lankas = Sinhalese. These small subtle words can have a big psychological impacts. I hope these people will start realizing how what they write and say come across and take care to be more sensitive to point out that Sri Lankans = every native Sri Lankan regardless of ethnicity and LTTE is just that and not imply Tamils as the LTTE.

As the SL government re-populate the Tamils, there aught to be lot of thought given to how to go about doing it. If we resettle the Tamils to the North, like in the past, it will most definitely segregate the two group once again. IMO, the Tamils should be re-populated throughout the entire country. Conversely, more Sinhalese should populate North and North East so there is no segregation. I think first and foremost we need to learn to live with each other and respect each of our cultures. It'll be counter productive to let all the Tamils go back to where they were and pretend that all is well.

This is much easily said than done but I think it is a worthwhile effort and a good thing for the country. Hope I'm not speaking out of my back side on this issue.

agree with you on the first part but not too sure about the latter though i get your point...

it is indeed "troublesome" when only a certain ethnicity is somewhat "exclusive" in one area... but i think it's unfair to move people forcefully from their home towns don't you think! But if muslims or sinhalese or whoever want to buy land etc from those areas that should be allowed...just like it is the case with if and when people from those areas want to come and settle here in the southern part of the country...

I live in wattala...stay on rent and the landlord is a tamil lady from jafna... very nice people! there's a huge tamil community in my area with a new kovil coming up very close to a church... no racial issues there and infact there are lot more churches than there are temples there...

So in my view though there are extremist elements the majority have no issues whatsover with the other races...

just that thanks to a very vocal racist extremist minority, all of sri lanka have suffered... our reputation abroad has suffered cos very few care to really look beyond the "perception" of sri lanka and sri lankans...

high time the silent moderate majority takes over and truly drive change...

as they say.... evil thrives when good men do nothing!

agree with you on the first part but not too sure about the latter though i get your point...

it is indeed "troublesome" when only a certain ethnicity is somewhat "exclusive" in one area... but i think it's unfair to move people forcefully from their home towns don't you think! But if muslims or sinhalese or whoever want to buy land etc from those areas that should be allowed...just like it is the case with if and when people from those areas want to come and settle here in the southern part of the country...

I live in wattala...stay on rent and the landlord is a tamil lady from jafna... very nice people! there's a huge tamil community in my area with a new kovil coming up very close to a church... no racial issues there and infact there are lot more churches than there are temples there...

So in my view though there are extremist elements the majority have no issues whatsover with the other races...

just that thanks to a very vocal racist extremist minority, all of sri lanka have suffered... our reputation abroad has suffered cos very few care to really look beyond the "perception" of sri lanka and sri lankans...

high time the silent moderate majority takes over and truly drive change...

as they say.... evil thrives when good men do nothing!

Why cant we all call our selves Sri Lankan's and for get this race part.

ripper's version of the events leading to VP's death seems to be the most accepted story and the most logical

incidentally i think the government should keep the tamil governers and leaders in the north and the east under their constant control and they should constantly monitor their activities...basically they should be kept under the president's thumb...imo if we let them have their own way it wont be long before we have a LTTE sequal on our hands.

just my 2c

ripper's version of the events leading to VP's death seems to be the most accepted story and the most logical

incidentally i think the government should keep the tamil governers and leaders in the north and the east under their constant control and they should constantly monitor their activities...basically they should be kept under the president's thumb...imo if we let them have their own way it wont be long before we have a LTTE sequal on our hands.

just my 2c

very true, i didnt like the look of karuna when he was near the pigs dead body

very true, i didnt like the look of karuna when he was near the pigs dead body

can't blame him mate...

when you risk your life and fight embracing death, all be it for a f'd up cause...you will have that bond no matter what...

from what i hear...VP had got it pretty badly...

He deserved it for all he has done but i suppose when karuna was close to him as he was for so many years... it's only human to feel a little bad....

And i bet Karuna must be relieve that VP is out cos he wanted karuna's head pretty badly...

its good our forces are not letting the guard down...i can see they are in for more recruitment and even military hardware acquisitions... more hinds to be bought which i think is a very good idea... Also the navy too should be developed further and maybe also a dedicated coast guard unit...

Edited by Ripper

just my 2c

the NE will be under military control for the next few years. troops are offered free houses in the areas they captured. and the refugees will be resettled among them. so it will be a mixed community depending solely on agriculture and fisheries. any advances will be swiftly dealt with by the military.

any thoughts on the "ltte supporters" of the south? personally i'd rather not talk to them.

Last night i heard from news a source (Cant remember) that there will be a air base in Iranamadu.

Oops not in near future.There is no runway there now...just a straight ,long paddy field :D .Terra destroyed the asphault n tarmac before running away-scared!!!

MINIACE

any thoughts on the "ltte supporters" of the south? personally i'd rather not talk to them.

i hope you are not talking about the green party...look...RW did what he thought was right and it didn't work out or there wasn't enough time for it to work out......MR came to power and did his thing and it kinda worked....that DOES NOT mean that RW is a terrorist...it's all about politics and policies mate.

yes there are still a lotta businessmen(sinhala & tamil) that deposit money to the ltte accounts overseas...that's a job for the intelligence agency's

as for the tamil alliance MP's...i think the gov should try to work with them without alianating them even further...but that's exactly what they are doin right now

Edited by HelRazor

i hope you are not talking about the green party...look...RW did what he thought was right and it didn't work out or there wasn't enough time for it to work out......MR came to power and did his thing and it kinda worked....that DOES NOT mean that RW is a terrorist...it's all about politics and policies mate.

yes there are still a lotta businessmen(sinhala & tamil) that deposit money to the ltte accounts overseas...that's a job for the intelligence agency's

as for the tamil alliance MP's...i think the gov should try to work with them without alianating them even further...but that's exactly what they are doin right now

not at all. i was referring to tamils in the south who still make pro-ltte statements. and since you brought this up i'd like to mention that there might be an even bigger seperatist movement in the south with people branding unp supporters as ltte supporters just because they have a different approach to this problem. anyway i'd rather not comment on that matter any further as i haven't got anything pleasent to say about the people who does this branding and their sick mentality.

anyways for the real beginning of the story we have to go back to 2004. the presidential elections was going to spell a major change for the country as well as the ltte. VP had only 2 options. lose the battle to a unp government or lose the battle to an slfp government (or whatever its called this week). after the election he made a statement that he's never met anyone as cunning as RW, not sure if he mentioned this but what he actually meant was sooner or later he would have defeated him through some political solution or something. that said MR wasn't exactly his saviour either. during the 70s and 80s when communism was the "in" thing. MR and VP were active members of this movement. except they were representing different races. i'm quite sure those 2 have even met one another on the early days of the jvp. the difference was MR went on to do proper politics whereas VP realised he's sitting on a gold mine and decided to switch the communist movement to a liberation movement. MR probably had a good understanding on VP's strategies. and VP was quite aware of this. but since he knew he was facing certain doom under RW's reign he decided to try his luck with MR. which meant some serious a*se licking and praying that the old friend would go easy on him. the election was a good example. VP knew the whole North NE and Eastern province would vote for RW. so he prevented anyone from voting as to help MR win the election and win over his goodwill. MR certainly was a happy man but lucky for us he got the right message. someone must have told him that there will be a whole lot more money flooding in if the war was finished than what we got at that time. so that was that. i don't know if everyone will agree with me but that just my 2 cents.

RW No 1 SOB in Sri Lanka

How RW's Cease-fire Helped LTTE in 2004 ( defencewire )

The LTTE political wing, cultural wing and some of its military leadership had taken part in this 8-nation European tour which had included Norway, Sweden, Denmark, France, UK, Germany etc. The LTTE 'delegation' had been instructed by its top leadership to use this as a cover to demand money from the Tamil Diaspora.

In a prior briefing given to the 'delegation', the LTTE leadership had explained to the delegation that their adherence to the Cease-Fire Agreement was a ploy and that they were buying time to rearm and reequip themselves for the final battle.

For this the Diaspora had to be convinced to donate their money. The main slogan was that the LTTE needed more money to buy more sophisticated weapons to counter those of the Sri Lankan military. Indeed some of these weapons had been procured, but where the rest of the money had gone was apparently not very clear to the 2nd and 3rd level leadership of the LTTE.

The weapons that were procured were impressive nevertheless for a small terrorist organization or any terrorist organization for that matter. One LTTE Fast Suicide Craft recovered recently and the surrendering of the Mastermind of the LTTE's boat manufacturing unit as well as the #2 of the boat engine unit has bared some incredible details.

The fast suicide craft had two 496 Horsepower engines made in the United States fixed to it. The suicide boat was capable of reaching 50 Knots, faster that the Navy's Super Dvora. The engines had been procured and the suicide boat manufacturing completed during the Cease-fire in 2004.

Among the junior LTTE surrendees were 52 forcibly recruited teenagers with their hair cropped. They had been taken by force from their families between mid 2008 and early 2009. Some had received only two days of training when the Army disrupted the LTTE training program allowing the children to escape.

A more senior LTTE cadre had revealed of a special training he had received from Israeli mercenaries during the cease-fire in 2004. The Israeli mercenaries had restructured the LTTE's Physical Training (PT) course as some of the exercises had been outdated and potentially damaging to the trainees, particularly to women and children. The team had also taught the tigers a few tactics.

RW No 1 SOB in Sri Lanka

How RW's Cease-fire Helped LTTE in 2004 ( defencewire )

The LTTE political wing, cultural wing and some of its military leadership had taken part in this 8-nation European tour which had included Norway, Sweden, Denmark, France, UK, Germany etc. The LTTE 'delegation' had been instructed by its top leadership to use this as a cover to demand money from the Tamil Diaspora.

In a prior briefing given to the 'delegation', the LTTE leadership had explained to the delegation that their adherence to the Cease-Fire Agreement was a ploy and that they were buying time to rearm and reequip themselves for the final battle.

For this the Diaspora had to be convinced to donate their money. The main slogan was that the LTTE needed more money to buy more sophisticated weapons to counter those of the Sri Lankan military. Indeed some of these weapons had been procured, but where the rest of the money had gone was apparently not very clear to the 2nd and 3rd level leadership of the LTTE.

The weapons that were procured were impressive nevertheless for a small terrorist organization or any terrorist organization for that matter. One LTTE Fast Suicide Craft recovered recently and the surrendering of the Mastermind of the LTTE's boat manufacturing unit as well as the #2 of the boat engine unit has bared some incredible details.

The fast suicide craft had two 496 Horsepower engines made in the United States fixed to it. The suicide boat was capable of reaching 50 Knots, faster that the Navy's Super Dvora. The engines had been procured and the suicide boat manufacturing completed during the Cease-fire in 2004.

Among the junior LTTE surrendees were 52 forcibly recruited teenagers with their hair cropped. They had been taken by force from their families between mid 2008 and early 2009. Some had received only two days of training when the Army disrupted the LTTE training program allowing the children to escape.

A more senior LTTE cadre had revealed of a special training he had received from Israeli mercenaries during the cease-fire in 2004. The Israeli mercenaries had restructured the LTTE's Physical Training (PT) course as some of the exercises had been outdated and potentially damaging to the trainees, particularly to women and children. The team had also taught the tigers a few tactics.

i was disgusted with the green party after how they tried to undermine the gains made by SLDF in the east... especially the battle for toppigala where so many forces sacrificed their lives for... :violent-smiley-099:

Awright, had to lock the thing before a fight started, and no time to explain why. Now, I would appreciate it if this was kept for actual happenings rather than party politics. The LTTE did the same damn thing during every single ceasefire, not just Ranil's 2004. And quite frankly I don't keep track of the politics and dates and even events, I'm not gonna bother checking the claims, so I would prefer if you NOT degenerate this forum to a pointless party based historical finger pointing session! Keep it current, keep it clean.

i was disgusted with the green party after how they tried to undermine the gains made by SLDF in the east... especially the battle for toppigala where so many forces sacrificed their lives for... :violent-smiley-099:

There are proof Mano Ganeshan help the LTTE but still no court case against him ? what government do is they say Jayalath J, Mano, Ranil help LTTE but why cant they cant take leagal actions agianst them ?

Edited by GihanFX

There are proof Mano Ganeshan help the LTTE but still no court case against him ? what government do is they say Jayalath J, Mano, Ranil help LTTE but why cant they cant take leagal actions agianst them ?

i'm no legal expert but it could be because you need witnesses and evidence to take legal action against people. false accusation and bombarding the state media with made up lies are not accountable in a court of law.

i'm no legal expert but it could be because you need witnesses and evidence to take legal action against people. false accusation and bombarding the state media with made up lies are not accountable in a court of law.

Thats what im also saying, there is video of mano who talk agianst forces, but there are no evidence that RW and Jayalath support LTTE so either government has to take legal action or stop calling them terrorist, or these peole have to sue government media

Beat me to it... takes the credibility of tamilnet for a six all over again.. LOL

yep,they still haven't published this on TN...while earlier they rushed to publish pathmanathans other useless crap immediatly..bloody hypocrites!

Edited by HelRazor

Beat me to it... takes the credibility of tamilnet for a six all over again.. LOL

credibility? tamilnet? ha ha ha :) :) i bet tamilnet.tv has lot more credibility :) :)