• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tachometer

Miyuru Daminda

Question

10 answers to this question

Please can anyone tell me a good place to buy a tachometer meter with shift light and how much will cost it. Ah another thing: It should support 3pot engine because my car is an Alto :violent-smiley-099:

M_O_T_O_R_C_A_D_E Should have what you need. Most of these aftermarket Tachs fit any engine as far as i know.

yes the above place does have it with the shiftlight. it costs around 7-9k depending on model etc

my suggestion is to not buy it as mine lasted a week. after that it was just showing it's own values. i spoke to another friend and his one is doing the same. so try to buy a good brand and not auto guage that is sold there.

yes the above place does have it with the shiftlight. it costs around 7-9k depending on model etc

my suggestion is to not buy it as mine lasted a week. after that it was just showing it's own values. i spoke to another friend and his one is doing the same. so try to buy a good brand and not auto guage that is sold there.

is it really that bad? but machan at that kinda money you expect it to last some time at least, cant complain to them?

incidentally, just outta curiosity, any place where one can get a good branded Tach here in SL?

+1

they dont last and they are not accurate. The shift light is also highly unreliable

Anyway is the installation easy? Can we do it by ourselves? Any wire splicing, messing ECU related stuff involved? And is the procedure standard among all engines?

Most of the time it's DIY

Many tachos have 4 terminals. 2 terminals to power and another one to dash board illumination line and signal input to ignition coil. Simple as that.

is it really that bad? but machan at that kinda money you expect it to last some time at least, cant complain to them?

nope can't complain.. they stress on the fact that there is no warranty on it

Please can anyone tell me a good place to buy a tachometer meter with shift light and how much will cost it. Ah another thing: It should support 3pot engine because my car is an Alto :violent-smiley-099:

hey it doesent matter if you fix a guage with 4cylinder selection also what is the diameter your looking for approx shuodnt cost you over 6000

hey it doesent matter if you fix a guage with 4cylinder selection also what is the diameter your looking for approx shuodnt cost you over 6000

OT this, but curious, dude your username, is it the car or the plane?