• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Video] British Mp Visits Sri Lanka Reveals All

Blazer

i agree with you that we don't need to sink that low but when you say and there's something amiss don't you think?

say the sri lankan flag burning folks becomes "barbaric" cos they are burning a symbol that represents a country and all her people...

now when folks burn the ltte flag...what's the reason for you to say they are "barbaric sinhalese"?

The Symbol itself they are burning stands for terrorism and all sorts of wrong doing accepted by so many countries and groups... had those "barbaric sinhalese" harmed those moronic ltte supporters i do agree with you and condemn it... but burning the tiger flag is barbaric?????

I said "From a neutrals point of view, what a neutral sees". They only see the isolated incident on TV, they don't have all the information. They see one group burning a flag on TV, they see another group burning a flag on TV, and its all the same to them. Its not me that will label said acts barbaric, it is the neutrals. Who, BTW, are also the people who have to send us aid, so it is kinda important that we keep a good image. They won't understand the significance of the symbolism, just the act.

Besides dude, just coz the symbol stands for terrorism, it doesn't mean people should take vigilante action. They've worked to get the organization banned, and need to work to get the forces of Law and Order in those countries to stop the display of symbols of a banned organization, not wreck everything thats been built up by trying to take matters into their own hands.

Otherwise, it looks to neutrals like we are terrorizing the terrorists.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some ppl will never learn... :action-smiley-060:

I have seen people talking on behalf of LTTE on many forums...

Bottom line is LTTE has done enough damage to our country and our people..and it should be eradicated form Sri Lanka.. :violent-smiley-099:

I am both saddened and at the same time alarmed at how a neutrel and a differant view pointed post is being ripped apart and humiliated using the all too familiar justification tactics regarding the war.I find it very hard to believe that anyone here is an extremist or a terrorist supporter(particularly the member being accused,as I have had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman personally).This website used to be place we could come and express an opinion without the fear of being porsecuted for having an unpopular opinion.I am grateful that most of the replies here have been civilised and to the point,but however one or two is very unfogivable,and could drag this forum down to the level of other "patriotic" forums if allowed to continue,and we could end up losing some valuable members.

Edited by HelRazor

I have seen people talking on behalf of LTTE on many forums...

Its like this machan, its the shitty politics in SL, some UNP suporters hate the war cus UNP cant win any election cus of it, so they even go and lick prabas A*s for Ranil :), then the people who support UPFA think Mahinda do great for the economy and hes the ultimate president, its all cus of these stupid politics,

im amazed to see how Dumi##a, Thilanga, Rosi go so many votes, damn :o

Its like this machan, its the shitty politics in SL, some UNP suporters hate the war cus UNP cant win any election cus of it, so they even go and lick prabas A*s for Ranil :), then the people who support UPFA think Mahinda do great for the economy and hes the ultimate president, its all cus of these stupid politics,

im amazed to see how Dumi##a, Thilanga, Rosi go so many votes, damn :o

Gihan I personally dont like any of our politicos...What im telling is when we get the chance to finsh off the bloody LTTE we have to do it..this might be our last chance.And What I dont understand is why people still want to justify what LTTE is doing.. :blink: people who talk about these stuff in forums will keep on talking for ages but pointless..they just cant do any thing thats the reality..

Gihan I personally dont like any of our politicos...What im telling is when we get the chance to finsh off the bloody LTTE we have to do it..this might be our last chance.And What I dont understand is why people still want to justify what LTTE is doing.. :blink: people who talk about these stuff in forums will keep on talking for ages but pointless..they just cant do any thing thats the reality..

Sri Lanka politics = Easy way to get rich, non of the MP's in SL dnt do any gud for us, yes agree when we have the chance we need to finish it, gud way or the bad way :rolleyes:

wow this thread has simply exploded. i'm glad atleast handful of members in this community managed to grasp my point while some were simply clinging onto a phrase or two i've mentioned. guess been too neutral isn't the way forward.

i consider this forum to be a great networking opportunity first then a great source of information. in the interest of not wanting to make any enemies and in the interest of continuing what ever relationship i have managed to build up over the years i'll refrain myself from commenting further on this subject matter.

Language.

What you don't understand is that no one is justifying what the LTTE is/was doing. If your grasp of the what is being said is that poor, don't comment on those posts.

oh well... i think forums are places where one can "challenge" anothers view as long as it's not done in an uncivilized manner...

as much as xXx says that some folks are clinging on to one or two lines/sentences...he clearly did say about how SL flag was handled and on the same lines how the ltte flag was handled... I don't see that point as a "neutral" view as some here sees it cos the latter happens to be world's no.1 terrorists outfits flag... sale of those flags have raised money i'm sure have contributed to many good things ltte has done for sri lanka.

nuff said... folks can have their own views that's fine... on the same line i will have my own gentlemen :)

sorry to have been a part of this.....

ps. to Peri

how about banning or freezing all threads going either political and religious?

when folks express their "neutral views" naturally others will express theirs and conflict will be somewhat un-avoidable me thinks :)

just a thought!

Edited by Ripper

ps. to Peri

how about banning or freezing all threads going either political and religious?

when folks express their "neutral views" naturally others will express theirs and conflict will be somewhat un-avoidable me thinks :)

just a thought!

AL is a place to discuss abt Racing, cars, etc, if u want to discuss abt religion, Politics this is not the place, All the gud threds go down and shitty political threds always come up,

Its simple, if someone dnt have intrest in cars, racing then this is not the place, also if someone think this is a gud place to reply to every damn thred and increse the post count then get the hell out of Al, (eg, HOLA)

Edited by GihanFX