• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Video] British Mp Visits Sri Lanka Reveals All

Blazer

would this really make a difference?

i mean voting against the ltte for the oprah show was another matter. but this time we are going againt the whole tamilnadu. so we are clearly outnumbered here.

the only chance we stand is less people have access to broadband up there :P

and isnt this somewhat irrelevant? i mean i doubt this will have any effect on deciding prabhakaran's fate

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would this really make a difference?

i mean voting against the ltte for the oprah show was another matter. but this time we are going againt the whole tamilnadu. so we are clearly outnumbered here.

the only chance we stand is less people have access to broadband up there :P

and isnt this somewhat irrelevant? i mean i doubt this will have any effect on deciding prabhakaran's fate

good point but honestly my blood starts to boild when that dumb motherf**ker is constantly named as the savior of tamil people and a freedom fighter, but not a mass murder/terrorist..its just a matter of ignoring it or just clicking the mouse button three times :)

Edited by GearHead

Tremendously blissful to see members with evenhanded views.

xXx's post is kind of touching.Damn my sensitiveness nearly got higher and was close to feel bad of the Melbourne pro-Sinhalese gathering. Thank god Im back in my senses.

Little bit of tactical subtlety and policies if anyone having a confusion or kindergarten state of understanding.

What all these people got in common? Douglas Devananda,Mahinda Wijesekara,Wimal Werawansa,Reginold Cooray,Susil Siriwardane,Karunaratne Divulgane,Karuna,Victor Ivan,Pillaiyan,Hugo Chavez,Yasser arfat,Gerry Adams (named few of thousand famous)???

They all are ex-Terrorists or insurgents pardoned and time-honored in society for principled reasons, when they accept the UN resolutions or the followed laws or comparables. Its above idiocy asking to send them down.

I've worked with Pillaiyan and Karuna (its no longer a secret now) and the their contributions in SL govt military achievements are truly inestimable. No one should feel bad to accept this or opportunely fail to remember. Very importantly should not comment if doesn't know a SHIT about it!!!!

It doesn't matter which political party they take part in as long as they are for Sri Lanka

Remember Karuna helped then UNP regime first.

Last but not least, why I was bedridden a whole year of my peak youth in a hospital, simply because Karuna commanded an attack of which I happened to fall a prey. But I contentedly shook his hand afterwards in my life! Its a matter of who plays what and for what. many idiots failed to understand this. Another sad situ!

A little something for patriotic pundit.

MINIACE

Just curious...Mini how is it working with karuna & Pillaiyan? are they good?

Just curious...Mini how is it working with karuna & Pillaiyan? are they good?

They are really good as militants and their pakage was full of information on LTTE and LTTE weak areas.Pretty handy we found that.But I know nothing about the duos political abilities.

MINIACE

Tremendously blissful to see members with evenhanded views.

xXx's post is kind of touching.Damn my sensitiveness nearly got higher and was close to feel bad of the Melbourne pro-Sinhalese gathering. Thank god Im back in my senses.

Little bit of tactical subtlety and policies if anyone having a confusion or kindergarten state of understanding.

What all these people got in common? Douglas Devananda,Mahinda Wijesekara,Wimal Werawansa,Reginold Cooray,Susil Siriwardane,Karunaratne Divulgane,Karuna,Victor Ivan,Pillaiyan,Hugo Chavez,Yasser arfat,Gerry Adams (named few of thousand famous)???

They all are ex-Terrorists or insurgents pardoned and time-honored in society for principled reasons, when they accept the UN resolutions or the followed laws or comparables. Its above idiocy asking to send them down.

I've worked with Pillaiyan and Karuna (its no longer a secret now) and the their contributions in SL govt military achievements are truly inestimable. No one should feel bad to accept this or opportunely fail to remember. Very importantly should not comment if doesn't know a SHIT about it!!!!

It doesn't matter which political party they take part in as long as they are for Sri Lanka

Remember Karuna helped then UNP regime first.

Last but not least, why I was bedridden a whole year of my peak youth in a hospital, simply because Karuna commanded an attack of which I happened to fall a prey. But I contentedly shook his hand afterwards in my life! Its a matter of who plays what and for what. many idiots failed to understand this. Another sad situ!

A little something for patriotic pundit.

MINIACE

aha...well said good sir! :)

Food for thought boys...............

1) vandalizing the sri lankan flag is a big NO but vandalizing that car carrying the LTTE flag is OK (wonder what happen to the captured LTTE flag??? since that bit is not in the video i will not comment on it)

2) Crush all LTTE / take legal action against personnel attached to LTTE, well the ruling party can start by crushing/taking legal action against SLFP's new vice president - Karuna Amman. because he joined the government all his sins are pardoned?????

3) about re-editing that email and sending it across, so are you boys suggesting we sink ourselves to the low levels of the LTTE and adopt 3rd class strategies like they did/do???? can anyone actually verify how the injuries were caused??? by SLA or LTTE?????? so why spread false propaganda. all it show is how futile this war is and how we should look into a way to end this conflict without the bloodshed.

3rd class low level tactics/propaganda only work with the 'gallery' audience in Sri Lanka. it is because of poor strategies like this that the international community is seen this conflict in a totally different angel that doesn't make us look too good.

mate on point #1....

as far as i know... sri lankan flag represents a universally accepted, democratically voted in government and a nation.... It's a representation of Sri Lanka and her people...

what do you think the ltte flag represents if it were receive "respectful" recognition if not "treatment"....

Point #2

would you have like if karuna too and the likes of him continued the "struggle" amassing more dead bodies from both sides? Shouldn't there be any room for ltte leaders too drop their weapons and join mainstream politics for the betterment of all sri lankans? Or should we have no pardon policy for even the folks who want to change their ways and get out of ltte?

Point #3

false propaganda has always been there from both sides. and as far as i see it, ltte has done a far effective job than any all sri lankan governments combined in all these "eelam wars"... I do agree that false propaganda is wrong especially when you play with lives of people... But throughout the history of warfare, it has always been a "tool" that folks have used...

And about injuries caused by who in that video... i suppose we will never know.

But one thing i can see is that even after gosl offering a 2 day ceasefire...ltte still chose to hold onto civilians as a human shield. Don't see any diaspora group condemning that... And that sorta action only helps ltte to continue to hold onto civilians and "extend" their suffering...

very few seem to speak of that sadly...

As much as gosl has to do it's best to look after it's citizens...on the doorstep of wiping out ltte, a scourge that has destroyed this country for nearly 3 decades... i doubt any Sri Lankan want this war to be stopped now and give them a breather...

thanks for the vids machan

heh heh...tat suresh bugger is a grade A clown :) :) not much to say about under aged combatants and suicide bombings and the likes.. Morons like that are the reason for the ltte to grow into what they have become... those buggers are far too dangerous than those holding guns in the war front...

heh heh...tat suresh bugger is a grade A clown :) :) not much to say about under aged combatants and suicide bombings and the likes.. Morons like that are the reason for the ltte to grow into what they have become... those buggers are far too dangerous than those holding guns in the war front...

yea that part of the vid was completely hilarious. When he was asked the question he couldnt give a direct answer at all..was talking all other crap thats not related to the question. Reminds me of one particular american idol vid that was posted on AL quite some time back.:lol:

and did you see notice the reaction of the other bitch who said that even little kids should go and fight against the army? as if she would send her own kids to fight against the army. :angry-smiley-024:.

mate on point #1....

as far as i know... sri lankan flag represents a universally accepted, democratically voted in government and a nation.... It's a representation of Sri Lanka and her people...

what do you think the ltte flag represents if it were receive "respectful" recognition if not "treatment"....

Point #2

would you have like if karuna too and the likes of him continued the "struggle" amassing more dead bodies from both sides? Shouldn't there be any room for ltte leaders too drop their weapons and join mainstream politics for the betterment of all sri lankans? Or should we have no pardon policy for even the folks who want to change their ways and get out of ltte?

Point #3

false propaganda has always been there from both sides. and as far as i see it, ltte has done a far effective job than any all sri lankan governments combined in all these "eelam wars"... I do agree that false propaganda is wrong especially when you play with lives of people... But throughout the history of warfare, it has always been a "tool" that folks have used...

And about injuries caused by who in that video... i suppose we will never know.

But one thing i can see is that even after gosl offering a 2 day ceasefire...ltte still chose to hold onto civilians as a human shield. Don't see any diaspora group condemning that... And that sorta action only helps ltte to continue to hold onto civilians and "extend" their suffering...

very few seem to speak of that sadly...

As much as gosl has to do it's best to look after it's citizens...on the doorstep of wiping out ltte, a scourge that has destroyed this country for nearly 3 decades... i doubt any Sri Lankan want this war to be stopped now and give them a breather...

+1

Edited by GearHead

Gosh its a good thing that Lord Nasby was there, coz that Douglas faffer was a damn idiot. Seems singularly uninformed about the lines the govt is giving despite being the govt rep there. He has that old people habit of meandering conversation. Reminds me of some of my older relatives. Talk no sense what so ever.

mate on point #1....

machang ripper i agree on the sri lankan flags representation and i do not approve others desecrating the national flag. but in a democratic framework people have a right to believe and fight for what they believe in (within certain boundaries of course) my point is because certain individuals in the tamil diaspora community carry out such degrading acts there's no need for people who oppose their views to lower themselves to such levels. burning flags and stomping on them have and will not achieve anything.

there has been a shift in worlds view on our issue since of late. we should try and take full advantage of it. last thing we want is for them to change their minds because of 3rd class antics

Point #2

this is exactly my point. my earlier comments were solely targeted towards the posted video clip. lot of people believe LTTE should be cleansed out of our country and they should be shot at in public. in that case shouldn't karuna and pilliyan be punished too? my view is if they are to be captured we should try our best to rehabilitate them and get them to contribute to the local economy. there is lot of talent among them. these people assemble air crafts and built mini submarines after all.

Mini i believe topic at hand is somewhat personnel to you and i'm sorry if i offended or upset you. that wasn't my intention. answer to your post too can be found in the above paragraph.

machang ripper i agree on the sri lankan flags representation and i do not approve others desecrating the national flag. but in a democratic framework people have a right to believe and fight for what they believe in (within certain boundaries of course)

so in your view...in a democratic framework folks should be allowed to use a terrorist flag that represents everything from child soldiering to suicide bombing to bra bombing to massacres of civilians by the droves etc?

C'mon mate,,,

what are you saying here...

ltte flag should not only be stomped on but also burnt or destroyed with extreme prejudice... that outfit has brought nothing but misery to mankind let alone sri lankans.... where are those protestors when ltte was killing civilians, carrying out suicide attacks and using kids in warfare...

People have a right to to believe and fight but not for an effing terrorist cause...

my point is because certain individuals in the tamil diaspora community carry out such degrading acts there's no need for people who oppose their views to lower themselves to such levels. burning flags and stomping on them have and will not achieve anything.

that i do agree but had you applied the same logic to terrorists here they would be running riot and ruling here today...

no matter how little or large terrorists should be tackled....if that means destroying a bloody flag that represents terrorism and beating the crap out of the bugger who carries it... so be it!

you can't expect to fight for terrorists and expect folks to be all nice on you and leave your pretty little flag alone...

there has been a shift in worlds view on our issue since of late. we should try and take full advantage of it. last thing we want is for them to change their minds because of 3rd class antics

oh c'mon... do you really believe what you're writing here...seriously????

you think anybody in world's gonna a give an unwashed rats backside about what happened to a ltte flag??? an flag of an outfit that banned in over 35 odd countries????

gimme a break mate...

but people will care when these stupid protests and stuff start affecting day to day life in those countries...

we saw hoe the french police forcefully remove some super smart diasspora folks who were protesting...

we saw how some smart diaspora folks destroy the norweigian sl embassy...

no my friends those are stupid acts....utter idiotic if you ask...

not somebody stomping and destroying and ltte flag...

lot of people believe LTTE should be cleansed out of our country and they should be shot at in public. in that case shouldn't karuna and pilliyan be punished too?

my view is that the top tier leadership and the second tier leadership should be either executed during battles so sent in front of courts for their crimes... these folks shouldn't be given any chance whatsoever to join the society they desperately tried to destory

my view is if they are to be captured we should try our best to rehabilitate them and get them to contribute to the local economy. there is lot of talent among them. these people assemble air crafts and built mini submarines after all.

ok this is gonna hurt :)

those subs ans stuff my friends are no biggies to develop and build if you have funding... I bet so many people in other areas can do the same had they had funding so don't bring that up as a big achievement cos it's not...

but i do agree there is talent there within ltte like it is the case with any group of people...

those junior rankers who did not know much about what's truly going on should be given a chance at life for once and not death with a Cn capsule around their necks like their sole rep sun god gave them...

but no ltte leaders should be given any amnesty.... those folks decided to hold on and fight till the last moment risking not only those under their command but also thousands of civilians... those monsters should be hanged!

Calm down people! Yes, passions run hot and specially among people who have been directly effected.

But keep in mind. There were people who believed in Hitler even as he committed suicide. There were people who thought Hitler had led them to disaster but fought on anyway coz they feared what the Russians would do to them. There were people right in the bunker with Hitler who thought he was mad but did what he ordered just coz they could see no other way, and those that tried to act to inject some semblance of sanity to the madness that was the last days of Hitler.

There will always be the hardcore, but there will also be the uninformed, and acts of kindness will turn them into allies, rather than martyrs who will keep the flame of hate burning.

Calm down people! Yes, passions run hot and specially among people who have been directly effected.

But keep in mind. There were people who believed in Hitler even as he committed suicide. There were people who thought Hitler had led them to disaster but fought on anyway coz they feared what the Russians would do to them. There were people right in the bunker with Hitler who thought he was mad but did what he ordered just coz they could see no other way, and those that tried to act to inject some semblance of sanity to the madness that was the last days of Hitler.

There will always be the hardcore, but there will also be the uninformed, and acts of kindness will turn them into allies, rather than martyrs who will keep the flame of hate burning.

true dat... but imagine if you carry a Nazi flag in a Jewish neighborhood now! would you expect to be all treated nice cos it's your democratic right to "protest and fight for what you believe in" as xXx put it...

he seems to be a bit upset about what happened to that bloody ltte flag :P

ltte flags have been flying high in around the world over decades....while these freedom fighters were burning the sri lankan flag by the hundreds in many protests... One incident an ltte flag gets stomped on or whatever and folks are all "concerned"...

that's duplicity if not anything much worse...

lot of people believe LTTE should be cleansed out of our country and they should be shot at in public. in that case shouldn't karuna and pilliyan be punished too? my view is if they are to be captured we should try our best to rehabilitate them and get them to contribute to the local economy. there is lot of talent among them. these people assemble air crafts and built mini submarines after all.

Mini i believe topic at hand is somewhat personnel to you and i'm sorry if i offended or upset you. that wasn't my intention. answer to your post too can be found in the above paragraph.

Its so sad, still you howl around and tries to defend.Damn I tried the simplest possible way to explain you the fundamentals of diplomacy and methods. I wasted my time.

If you think one needs TALENTS to assemble aircrafts, you are wrong Its just training. The world is lot changed since Wright brother’s invention. The Zling 143 needs only one person and less than 1 man hour to assemble wings from ideal mobile storage state and fly…and if you know the fact how indigenous the submarines we found from LTTE you’ll eat your words.Dont be in a hurry to say “atleast appreciate their efforts mate!!”I’d rather be pleased about how “moral fibered” LTTE to go suicide.

Simplest point you heave is eradicate LTTE ONLY with Karuna & Pillaiyan or NO. Sad!!

Wake up son. The world is bigger than you ever imagined!

MINIACE

true dat... but imagine if you carry a Nazi flag in a Jewish neighborhood now! would you expect to be all treated nice cos it's your democratic right to "protest and fight for what you believe in" as xXx put it...

he seems to be a bit upset about what happened to that bloody ltte flag :P

ltte flags have been flying high in around the world over decades....while these freedom fighters were burning the sri lankan flag by the hundreds in many protests... One incident an ltte flag gets stomped on or whatever and folks are all "concerned"...

that's duplicity if not anything much worse...

I don't think xxx is as much concerned about what happened to the flag as much as our people acting like animals. We do what they do, what makes us any better than them? What he is saying is, from a neutral point of view, neutrals see a bunch of barbaric tigers burning the SL flag, and a bunch of barbaric sinhalese burning a tiger flag. Makes it hard for the neutrals to pick a side, ya know? Card kudu scene, know what I mean? Look, the Forces have come a long way in terms of discipline, and the current operations are carried out in a professional manner, which leaves only old incidents as talking points for tiger supporters. THIS kinda thing will let them appeal to the neutrals saying "See, they are oppressing us". Its not the same as bringing a flag with them and burning it when you attack a flag carrier.

Its so sad, still you howl around and tries to defend.Damn I tried the simplest possible way to explain you the fundamentals of diplomacy and methods. I wasted my time.

If you think one needs TALENTS to assemble aircrafts, you are wrong Its just training. The world is lot changed since Wright brother’s invention. The Zling 143 needs only one person and less than 1 man hour to assemble wings from ideal mobile storage state and fly…and if you know the fact how indigenous the submarines we found from LTTE you’ll eat your words.Dont be in a hurry to say “atleast appreciate their efforts mate!!”I’d rather be pleased about how “moral fibered” LTTE to go suicide.

Simplest point you heave is eradicate LTTE ONLY with Karuna & Pillaiyan or NO. Sad!!

Wake up son. The world is bigger than you ever imagined!

MINIACE

I generally try and avoid this kinda thread like the plague nowadays! but still I feel I should point something out.... Mini, It appears to me that XXX is trying to say that we SHOULD rehabilitate these people whenever possible and make them turn from their ways, Just like we did with karuna and pillayan... I dont think he's trying to defend them here, because it should be pretty obvious there is no defense..... I think you guys MIGHt have misunderstood each other there... or its possible that I've gone and misunderstood the whole thing :unsure: Damn I hate these theads!

Just my 2c...

I don't think xxx is as much concerned about what happened to the flag as much as our people acting like animals. We do what they do, what makes us any better than them? What he is saying is, from a neutral point of view, neutrals see a bunch of barbaric tigers burning the SL flag, and a bunch of barbaric sinhalese burning a tiger flag. Makes it hard for the neutrals to pick a side, ya know? Card kudu scene, know what I mean? Look, the Forces have come a long way in terms of discipline, and the current operations are carried out in a professional manner, which leaves only old incidents as talking points for tiger supporters. THIS kinda thing will let them appeal to the neutrals saying "See, they are oppressing us". Its not the same as bringing a flag with them and burning it when you attack a flag carrier.

Well put peri... The key point here is, by sinking down to that level, we aren't doing ourselves any favours in the eyes of the world. It isnt just a matter of symbolism.

Incidentally, it was this very same "Tit for Tat" mentality that lead to the atrocities of 1983.... and in that instance we sinhalese didnt really have any moral high ground to stand on.

vandalizing the sri lankan flag is a big NO but vandalizing that car carrying the LTTE flag is OK (wonder what happen to the captured LTTE flag??? since that bit is not in the video i will not comment on it)

err i dunno guys...this is exactly what xXx says...

vandalizing the sri lankan flag is a big NO but vandalizing that car carrying the LTTE flag is OK

the way i see it.... you cant put the sri lanka flag and the bloody ltte flag in the same level...

forget both useless acts are with little positive result...

Edited by Ripper

we SHOULD rehabilitate these people whenever possible and make them turn from their ways, Just like we did with karuna and pillayan... I

Who said we rehabilitated karuna/Pillaiyan faction.We did not !

They opted out the rebel stream volunteraly and started playing for the Team Sri Lanka instead.That we found handy and very supportive.Results were goos and so does the reward! Anybody comes good needs to be rewarded.Anybody crosses needs to be punished!

MINIACE

i agree with you that we don't need to sink that low but when you say

bunch of barbaric tigers burning the SL flag
and
bunch of barbaric sinhalese burning a tiger flag
there's something amiss don't you think?

say the sri lankan flag burning folks becomes "barbaric" cos they are burning a symbol that represents a country and all her people...

now when folks burn the ltte flag...what's the reason for you to say they are "barbaric sinhalese"?

The Symbol itself they are burning stands for terrorism and all sorts of wrong doing accepted by so many countries and groups... had those "barbaric sinhalese" harmed those moronic ltte supporters i do agree with you and condemn it... but burning the tiger flag is barbaric?????