• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Big Bike From 80's

HardHat

Well .. have a look ... & u can make an offer ... I'm not into bike business ... I'm currently on the verge of getting kicked out of the house for owning too many bikes :D LOL .. so I decided to sell my 2strokes.

Btw .. I've seen a silver CB1000 a while back in superb condition at a garage in wattala (owner is a big name in car racing) who's got an office down ward place. Dont know if we r talking about the same bike (may have been painted). :)

could you let me know the owner's name or direct me to the garage in Wattala? My email id is in this thread above.

I'm prepared to pay insane $$$ if I can get hold of a CBX B)

Ash, I'm out of country as well and visit home often as and when needed

Any chance of seeing a pic or two of the bike via email and a bit of details like M/Y, Reg year, No. of owners and km? [[email protected]]

thanks in advance.

Will do...

Is it ok next Monday... Tuesday... (with the details from the owner... He'll be back tomorrow night...)

Boys, a feast for your eyes while we are on the subject. Sorry not my own - a hijacked pic from bikepics

1979 CBX 1050cc

one of my college buddies dad owned a CBX....not too sure about displacement... shaft driven it was if i'm not mistaken and the bike was sold through the agents after his untimely demise...

so there there is a CBX in good shape somewhere in SL

Well .. have a look ... & u can make an offer ... I'm not into bike business ... I'm currently on the verge of getting kicked out of the house for owning too many bikes :D LOL .. so I decided to sell my 2strokes.

Too many bikes ? no such thing mate.Lol.

Nice pics BTW, like the new colour.

Will give you a shout after the long weekend ?

cheers

Too many bikes ? no such thing mate.Lol.

Nice pics BTW, like the new colour.

Will give you a shout after the long weekend ?

cheers

Thanx

I'm just trying to keep 2 bikes & lose the rest.

Yup gimme a shout when u are free :)

cheers

HISR2019.jpg

feast your eyes on this as well :)

awesome - however I prefer the CBX unmodified in it's original apperance

see that the pic is from AU - there is a loyal fan base in AU for the CBX

I was visiting Perth late 2007 and this guy pulls up alongside me in a gas station in his 1979 red CBX, in pristine original condition to the last nut and bolt. A quick admiration from me and the 'mate' offers the bike for a spin around the block :blink: . I will never forget the growl from those pipes on hard acceleration and moreover, the scare it gives when cornering. Just the slightest bit of lean and the weight of the bike pulls you onto the ground so you really need to have loads of momentum and counter balancing of your body weight to stop it from falling over.

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL PUTTING YA MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

WELL DOME HardHat .

All the best and I will keep ma eyes peeled too.

Pradfred, just find me a CBX (by that I mean a 1979 or 1980 CBX 1049cc air cooled transverse straight six with that many carbs - the naked version before the spoil-sport body kit came in), streel legal in SL and you get to take it for a spin!!

Edited by HardHat

Pradfred, just find me a CBX (by that I mean a 1979 or 1980 CBX 1049cc air cooled transverse straight six with that many carbs - the naked version before the spoil-sport body kit came in), streel legal in SL and you get to take it for a spin!!

Yowsa, you got as deal mate.

I am trying to find a CB750 which exists apparently........... nuff said.

My dad's old bike I know was shipped in pieces to Germany after we had left the country....

I think I remember that the on the CB 1000 the engine would ground before the foot pegs Lol.

Guys,

There's a guy who had a Red Honda CBX 6cyl bike, a CB750 & a Kawasaki Z1100 ( all classics) by the name of Rohitha Jayasinghe. He ran a motorcycle workshop at Pamankada - Kirulapone. I cant vouch for the guy though , but heard he's operating now near the Kirulapone bridge. Maybe he knows where u can find what u are looking for.

cheers

Guys,

There's a guy who had a Red Honda CBX 6cyl bike, a CB750 & a Kawasaki Z1100 ( all classics) by the name of Rohitha Jayasinghe. He ran a motorcycle workshop at Pamankada - Kirulapone. I cant vouch for the guy though , but heard he's operating now near the Kirulapone bridge. Maybe he knows where u can find what u are looking for.

cheers

Wow,hardHat I feel a hunting session is in order ?

I did try my mechanic the guy in Hill Street and he too is on the look out....

What say you we start investigations on this Chappie ?

Guys,

cheers

Shamitz, good stuff mate this is a great lead. Will defa check this guy out next time I land in Colombo

Wow,hardHat I feel a hunting session is in order ?

I did try my mechanic the guy in Hill Street and he too is on the look out....

What say you we start investigations on this Chappie ?

Prad I say we load our guns and track the animals down. If plans go well I'll be in SL end May for a short break. Care to do a headstart and let me know the progress? You've got my email ID in this thread before should we need to communicate indoors

BTW, my quest for a CB250N / 250 Hawk is still on everyone

Guys,

check this chap out. He has done a few remarkable rebuilds. His current project is a 1980 CB250N, exactly the kind I'm looking for.

Tom McQuiggan

Hope there are bike enthusiats in SL also with a love for classic Jap bikes and this much attention to detail

and a this is an example of a 'showroom condition' CB250N

1980 Honda CB250N

Edited by HardHat

Shamitz, good stuff mate this is a great lead. Will defa check this guy out next time I land in Colombo

yr most welcome !! I'll keep my eyes & ears open too. Will let u know if I find anything.

• 4 years later...

searched for hawk and this popped up. Madly in love with Hawk (CB 250 T) Just started restoration of the first one and already thinking of getting the second 1. Crazy!!! Peeps, do you know an external digital trip milage counter that I can buy? Thinking of doing some long trips. Searched in ebay but din get a proper 1. Any tips, pointers are appreciated. Cheers.

https://######/Honda-Hawk-Sri-Lanka/457133011080775

searched for hawk and this popped up. Madly in love with Hawk (CB 250 T) Just started restoration of the first one and already thinking of getting the second 1. Crazy!!! Peeps, do you know an external digital trip milage counter that I can buy? Thinking of doing some long trips. Searched in ebay but din get a proper 1. Any tips, pointers are appreciated. Cheers.

https://######/Honda-Hawk-Sri-Lanka/457133011080775

trail tech vapor.... it's not really aimed at roadies...meant for enduro riding.

was thinking of one of these for my xr as the stock meter was having issues on an off.

But then life happened and hardly get to do bike trips anymore...

I'm assuming there are roadie trip meters too

• Like 1

Thank's Ripper. We should do an AL Bike get together. Or may be a one day ride to some place and back. Any idea of a place in around Colombo who does this?

Well there's a group based around Boralesgamuwa who organise rides a few times a year and a lot of nice bikes seem to be regulars. Ducatis, Triumphs and such down to Cibbies. Never got to time a vacation during one of these rides to participate myself though :(

Ha, I see that this thread has been resurrected.

fatjoe, good luck with your 250 Hawk restoration!

Well as for me I found my CBX1000 back in 2010, but not in SL. My highlight of every weekend is taking the beast for a spin and listening to that throaty growl coming out of the 6x2 pipes. Miss the twisting and winding SL roads though. I'd love to ride this one up the 18 bends if I could one day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Ha, I see that this thread has been resurrected.

fatjoe, good luck with your 250 Hawk restoration!

Well as for me I found my CBX1000 back in 2010, but not in SL. My highlight of every weekend is taking the beast for a spin and listening to that throaty growl coming out of the 6x2 pipes. Miss the twisting and winding SL roads though. I'd love to ride this one up the 18 bends if I could one day.

1800CC Suzuki of my office friend..

photo3_zps7381c062.jpg

e9407e2a-54c0-47a7-97f2-fab9cd0f5cab_zps

824e612e-0978-42c0-99f3-5be833c4dbb7_zps

Edited by kmeeg
  • Like 1