• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peotv.. Anyone Tried It? How Good Is Image Quality? What Channels, Etc

Saturn

Can anyone tell me about PeoTV. particularly.. how is the image quality? what resolution is available?

It all depend the distance between ur Home and Exchange, max is 4km and something around 2 to 3 is ok, if more than 4 then dnt even try it, i have PEO and the image quality is awesome, close to 50 chanels, but the remote controller is not that gud,

Trace is pretty cool.. some of the music is awesome!

what is the image quality like? what resolution? what technology do they use? any content in HD?

sometimes WWE is on HD, im not sure abt the resolution, etc, but they increse the DSL to 3MBPS, Yeah trace Urban hits are the best :action-smiley-060:

sometimes WWE is on HD,

machang that doesn't count. how HD TV work is the TV program needs to be recorded using HD cameras and then it need to be transmitted in HD format. inorder to get the full quality out of it the end user needs a HD decoder/set top box and that needs to be connected to a HD TV using a HDMI cable. in the example you mentioned only the the first bit apply, which is the show is only recorded using HD equipment. does the PEOTV set top box got a HDMI port?

machang that doesn't count. how HD TV work is the TV program needs to be recorded using HD cameras and then it need to be transmitted in HD format. inorder to get the full quality out of it the end user needs a HD decoder/set top box and that needs to be connected to a HD TV using a HDMI cable. in the example you mentioned only the the first bit apply, which is the show is only recorded using HD equipment. does the PEOTV set top box got a HDMI port?

the media console box we have is UTStarcom’s MC1088L, this doesent have the HDMI, so its only they broadcast HD programmes, but UTStarcom’s MC1088 STB had HDMI port and NeuLion console boxes have HDMI 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i picture output + dolby 7.1 Optical Audio outputs,

i dnt know for new customers they giving the MC1088STB box, for us we cant conect HDMI cus we have MC1088L

Agree, they may not have HD.. but do they have any resolution better than standard TV? Do they have any (native) widescreen content?

I currently use dialog and it pretty much is SD only

Does anyone know what technology they use? i.e. mpeg, etc?

I really want to know if they have HD content or anything better than SD

Agree, they may not have HD.. but do they have any resolution better than standard TV? Do they have any (native) widescreen content?

I currently use dialog and it pretty much is SD only

Does anyone know what technology they use? i.e. mpeg, etc?

I really want to know if they have HD content or anything better than SD

wait are u sure about this....are there ne info on it anywhere that u cn give?

yes for adsl customers peo connection is free..

btw i went to the visioncom headquarters on the duplication road today....they said they will give 39 chanells plus video on demand and time shift tv free of charge(1000 monthly rental applies ofcourse)....hbo will cost 600 additionally(i remember them giving it for free sometime back)...

the place was packed with potential customers...one has to wonder if the network wont get overloaaded or summin' with this much demand

Edited by HelRazor

yes for adsl customers peo connection is free..

btw i went to the visioncom headquarters on the duplication road today....they said they will give 39 chanells plus video on demand and time shift tv free of charge(1000 monthly rental applies ofcourse)....hbo will cost 600 additionally(i remember them giving it for free sometime back)...

the place was packed with potential customers...one has to wonder if the network wont get overloaaded or summin' with this much demand

Well they shouldn't have much problems with capacity as they are just using local bandwidth which is (in theory) unlimited. Aside from the infrastracture and specialized equipment/servers at their side, they just have to sign up the customers as fast as they can.

Ultimately it depends on the video quality they offer - if it is high res then, yes, many megabits per second can present quite a load - their servers may not be able to deliver the data fast enough (this is just speculation on my part as I'm not aware of the infrastructure / methods they use..)

Well they shouldn't have much problems with capacity as they are just using local bandwidth which is (in theory) unlimited. Aside from the infrastracture and specialized equipment/servers at their side, they just have to sign up the customers as fast as they can.

Ultimately it depends on the video quality they offer - if it is high res then, yes, many megabits per second can present quite a load - their servers may not be able to deliver the data fast enough (this is just speculation on my part as I'm not aware of the infrastructure / methods they use..)

Saturn, this is just theory neda? if this theory holds all locally hosted web sites would load up on the browser in a jiffy. In practice the server capacities and many other things will come into play. If I'm to choose I'd go for satellite or cable any day, simply because I don't want to see a movie in slow motion (due to frame loss) simply because the provider had over-sold the bandwidth and/or equipment capacity. My experience with the PeoTV provider says if you call then up to complain they will try to convince you its because your computer is slow or because your computer has a virus :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by isam

watched at a friends place - aside from the hang time when it comes to changing channels , quality wise seems good

DevZ, care to let us know how long does it take to switch from one channel to another? :unsure:

DevZ, care to let us know how long does it take to switch from one channel to another? :unsure:

not tooo long - a few seconds - its just not instantanious like with normal terestrial TV and just that little bit slower than Dialog , but not impossible - bearable but one can possibly get a little impatient at times

Saturn, this is just theory neda? if this theory holds all locally hosted web sites would load up on the browser in a jiffy. In practice the server capacities and many other things will come into play. If I'm to choose I'd go for satellite or cable any day, simply because I don't want to see a movie in slow motion (due to frame loss) simply because the provider had over-sold the bandwidth and/or equipment capacity. My experience with the PeoTV provider says if you call then up to complain they will try to convince you its because your computer is slow or because your computer has a virus :angry-smiley-048:

Machan i had few issues with PEOTV and withn 5 hours after i complain, SLT Engineer and few more people come to my place with some equipments and anyhow they sort out the issues, the engineer guy has a very gud knowledge with Netoworking and he sorted so many network issues of mine even some are not related to PEO ,

At my home im runing 2 router setup with few Access ports and withn every 18 hours one router turn off and the other one turn on, its a bit complicated network and STL engineer helped me to sort out so many problems in the netowrk, mainly security

not tooo long - a few seconds - its just not instantanious like with normal terestrial TV and just that little bit slower than Dialog , but not impossible - bearable but one can possibly get a little impatient at times

sometime u have to turn off and on the media console box, thats abt once per day lol,