• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where To Get Silica Gel?

Saturn

Anyone know where I can get Silica gell, for my cameras?

as far as i've heard, it's not there for sale over the counter! you can try your luck with drug stores and stuff and see if you can get them to collect a bit and keep!

or else...you can buy it on ebay!

They come in everything from small sachets to multiple kg bags... some even have colored particles to that you know when you have to "recharge" your gel

Got some for a camera box... 90/- per pkt, from a place in 1st cross street... as far as I can remember the place is called "Heladiwa Veeduru Maligaya". :rolleyes: I think you can try n other camera shops as well.

Got some for a camera box... 90/- per pkt, from a place in 1st cross street... as far as I can remember the place is called "Heladiwa Veeduru Maligaya". :rolleyes: I think you can try n other camera shops as well.

Got mine in Petta too, tho I can't remember the shop name. Malwatte Road, If I remember right.

yup try petta you can literally find anything there

yes this place has silica jell.

• 2 years later...

Union Chemists sell it - 450/- for 1 kilo. It is blue. If you prefer purple to match your interior or something, it's Dinals at Nugegoda sell it too, but they are 150/- for 100g. Dunno if purple is worth it. Silica gel biz ain't for the modern metro colour conscious male :(.