• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Anyone Know Duty/tax Rates For Electronics?

SeanD

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you who knows how the customs system in SL works knows what the tariffs or duties involved are for electronic items if I plan to ship them from singapore? Not bulk quantities, just individual items...is there a possibility of marking as "gift" and sending? Any help at all would be appreciated?! thanks!

I've sent a few things (motor spare-parts) via post from s'pore to SL. Wasnt taxed. I guess it depends on if it'll get flagged at customs. in my case it was addressed by me to my father, so i guess it seemed a bit less commercial too.

May i ask what u plan to send?

I've sent a few things (motor spare-parts) via post from s'pore to SL. Wasnt taxed. I guess it depends on if it'll get flagged at customs. in my case it was addressed by me to my father, so i guess it seemed a bit less commercial too.

May i ask what u plan to send?

Thanks, its just musical instrument stuff like guitar amplifiers and etc. Not extremely high value/weight, but too large to send by commercial post I guess. Would be the sort of thing that would have to be freighted, but the SL customs website is a total mess and I cant seem to find anything relevant there :(

any idea of the taxes if i am to get them thru ebay?

like mobile fone n stuff....

Depends on the value of the item, and whether its for you personally, or for resale. Take a printout of the invoice etc and ebay page, when you claim it.

Customs people usually charge a nominal amount for personal stuff, but if its commercial / bulk / or they think its for resale they may charge full amounts.

The few customs folks I've encountered were intelligent and helpful. One thing that may surprise you is they KNOW market pricing / values for everything, so don't be surprised if they recognise what you are bringing and its exact value.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you who knows how the customs system in SL works knows what the tariffs or duties involved are for electronic items if I plan to ship them from singapore? Not bulk quantities, just individual items...is there a possibility of marking as "gift" and sending? Any help at all would be appreciated?! thanks!

Keep the package size and weight small (typically less than 2Kg) and you will be fine.