• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Replacement

Sumzy

Question

My radiator was blown from the top sometime back and I had to do some fiber treatment to stop the leaking in order for me to return to Colombo. It is now giving me problems again as the water levels are slowly dropping down. I am having a Mazda BJ5P auto gear and when I inquired I got to know that the price of a reconditioned radiator is around 18000 bucks.

One of my friends suggested to have the top casing done in copper (as it used to be in the old cars) as it's reliable than buying a reconditioned radiator.

Can someone who has expertise or experiences in this matter give me few opinions ?

2 answers to this question

My radiator was blown from the top sometime back and I had to do some fiber treatment to stop the leaking in order for me to return to Colombo. It is now giving me problems again as the water levels are slowly dropping down. I am having a Mazda BJ5P auto gear and when I inquired I got to know that the price of a reconditioned radiator is around 18000 bucks.

One of my friends suggested to have the top casing done in copper (as it used to be in the old cars) as it's reliable than buying a reconditioned radiator.

Can someone who has expertise or experiences in this matter give me few opinions ?

Have you tried Radiator House? They are pretty good with their work..

The same happened to me sometime back, but I only had to replace the top tank of the Radiator. So, I think you can getaway with the same kind of replacement rather than replacing the whole radiator.

The copper tank is fail proof. But does not look nice and will be a bit heavy. But you will not need to worry about cracks anymore!