• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motero Sport

L board

Its between 4 to 4.5 kmpl in urban.

Even long distance hardly any noteworthy improvements.

from what i heard its slightly better than that but no where near the 121 territory (which has become the benchmark). between 6 -7 is what i've been told

from what i heard its slightly better than that but no where near the 121 territory (which has become the benchmark). between 6 -7 is what i've been told

Pls double check, this is first hand experience and what I hv heard from few users too.

Pls double check, this is first hand experience and what I hv heard from few users too.

to be honest i have not used one long enough to comment first hand but few specimens has 'come my way'. these figures are what i'v heard of from other users. sri lankans do have a tendency to over estimate/calculate their fuel consumption figures though

to be honest i have not used one long enough to comment first hand but few specimens has 'come my way'. these figures are what i'v heard of from other users. sri lankans do have a tendency to over estimate/calculate their fuel consumption figures though

Its 4-5km/l. None of the V6 versions that came brandnew do well on fuel. This includes the normal Monty, the IO and the Sport. GDI versions usually do about 6km/l provided the engine is maintained.

Its 4-5km/l. None of the V6 versions that came brandnew do well on fuel. This includes the normal Monty, the IO and the Sport. GDI versions usually do about 6km/l provided the engine is maintained.

How about the diesel version of Montero sport (not the IO)? shouldn't it be better? there seem to be a few from the lateset version on the road, including some "permit" ones...

• 2 years later...

How about the diesel version of Montero sport (not the IO)? shouldn't it be better? there seem to be a few from the lateset version on the road, including some "permit" ones...

The diesel 2008 one does 10-12kmpl, no problems to report still for about 4 years, yet the prices are very high compaired to the petrol.

The Montero sport was made in Japan till the end of 2008. But The new model (2010) is made in Thailand now.

Edited by toyota sucks

• 4 years later...
Hi ! Sorry to bring up an old thread. :)

Is there a 3000cc version of the Japanese Montero Sport? If Yes, great if anyone can share the fuel figures as well.

Thanks !

Yes there is, it has a 3.0 Litre petrol V6 and most of them were automatic. Fuel figures are naturally pretty horrendous, 4-5 is what owners have mentioned.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Hi ! Sorry to bring up an old thread. :)

Is there a 3000cc version of the Japanese Montero Sport? If Yes, great if anyone can share the fuel figures as well.

Thanks !

Aren't all Montero Sports made outside of Japan ?

EDIT: Unless you are referring to the early versions of the old one...

Yes there is, it has a 3.0 Litre petrol V6 and most of them were automatic. Fuel figures are naturally pretty horrendous, 4-5 is what owners have mentioned.

what is so horrendous about 4-5 ?

Edited by iRage

Aren't all Montero Sports made outside of Japan ?

EDIT: Unless you are referring to the early versions of the old one...

what is so horrendous about 4-5 ?

In a Sri Lankan context? It's considered pretty horrendous I think, at least based on the reactions I get when I tell people what the Jag does on fuel.

The first gen was initially made in Japan and then shifted to Thailand...

My Hilux Surf with a 2.7L engine out of the Prado got 6 but then I hardly drove it in traffic and it was in East Timor and the petrol sucked !

Yes I'm referring the model until 2008. It was made in Japan. The new ones (from 2010 I guess) are from Thailand. What I really wanted to know was the availability of a 3000CC diesel engine for the Japanese Montero Sport with Manual Transmission.

Yes I'm referring the model until 2008. It was made in Japan. The new ones (from 2010 I guess) are from Thailand. What I really wanted to know was the availability of a 3000CC diesel engine for the Japanese Montero Sport with Manual Transmission.

First Gen Montero Sport didn't come with 3L diesel engines. The available engine capacities for diesels are 2.5L, 2.8L and 3.2L.

On the other hand petrol engines come with 3L and 3.5L capacities.

Not all 1st gens came from Japan. Then shifted the production mid-model-cycle...

Mitsubishi never made a 3.0 diesel. They have a 2.3, 2.5, 2.8 and a 3.2. The Montero Sport was first introduced to the JDM as the Mitsubishi Challeger, in 1996, which came with the same 2.8 from Pajero of the time. Apart from a few Challengers which trickled down to SL, we started getting them from 2002 onwards as the Montero sport, with a few exterior changes i.e. lights, wheels, paint schemes. I'm pretty sure the 1st gen Montero Sport was built in Thailand too, since their facilities were up at the time.

Edited by terrabytetango

Mitsubishi never made a 3.0 diesel. They have a 2.3, 2.5, 2.8 and a 3.2. The Montero Sport was first introduced to the JDM as the Mitsubishi Challeger, in 1996, which came with the same 2.8 from Pajero of the time. Apart from a few Challengers which trickled down to SL, we started getting them from 2002 onwards as the Montero sport, with a few exterior changes i.e. lights, wheels, paint schemes. I'm pretty sure the 1st gen Montero Sport was built in Thailand too, since their facilities were up at the time.

But they were made for the Japanese market isnt it? and the new Montero Sport isnt