• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

April!

KLM

Can anybody help being excited for this year's April racing season? If anybody has any interesting news regarding the upcoming races please update this thread.

The word on the street is that the following drivers have committed to running Mahagastotte in the SL 'GT' Class:

1. Dinesh Deheragoda - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X RS

2. Aravinda Premadasa - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII RS

3. Nishan Weerasooria - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GT

4. Charith Perera - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GT

5. Romani De Silva - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec-C Type RA-R

6. Rohan De Silva - Subaru Impreza WRX STi

7. Rameez Mahamoor - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV RS

8. Darin Weerasinghe - Subaru Impreza WRX STi

9. Janaka Dias - Subaru Impreza WRX STi

10. Pasindu Peiris - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GT

11. Rizvi Farouk - Subaru Impreza WRX

I believe Radella will see the addition of Reyaz Farouk (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX) and maybe another driver to that list and then Fox Hill is also expected to feature a similar cast, minus a few. As far as I can tell, Mahagastotte has never had such a strong field in this category and what shouldn't be lost among the excitement is the debut of Romani's RA-R. Also interesting is the fact that for the first time in a very long time, almost half the field will consist of Subarus.

In addition to Dinesh, Darin and Charith, Autolanka.com will also be represented by Fuzzo in his March and maybe a couple of others as well. If you're in Nuwara Eliya or Diyatalawa this April and you hear gun-fire echoing in the distant hills, fear not for it's only the sound of anti-lag systems being activated. :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahagastota is on the 11th & 12th right?

does anyone have any ideas for comfortable lodging etc etc for someone going up to watch?

oh & the route as well?

...i do apologize ahead of time , given that every single time any races out of colombo come up i ask those very same questions pertaining to accomodation and distance/direction - i really don't get out of colombo much & as such am nothing short of ignorant when it comes to a few of these little details , hence the queries :mellow:

Mahagastota is on the 11th & 12th right?

does anyone have any ideas for comfortable lodging etc etc for someone going up to watch?

oh & the route as well?

...i do apologize ahead of time , given that every single time any races out of colombo come up i ask those very same questions pertaining to accomodation and distance/direction - i really don't get out of colombo much & as such am nothing short of ignorant when it comes to a few of these little details , hence the queries :mellow:

Wel, since the races are dominted by Mitsus n Subarus... how bout a Nissan Zzzzzz....?? :)

Prad n me are going, you are welcome to join..! :jumping-smiley-013:

Hey as much as I love the Z, I would hate to test it against a 4WD on Mahagastota. On both the hairpins the LSD will have to work overtime and still spin the outside wheel.

Hope a record is broken this time.

Damn what a lineup! Is there any TV coverage at all. Peri, got a digi cam mate? I hope someone gets this on video. even a good camera phone would do. And KLM when did u'cle reyaz get a evo IX?

OD, Reyaz has had the IX for a while now, but unfortunately it hasn't run much due to various issues. It will be his designated tarmac car so the VII will be used at Fox Hill.

DZ man seriously, you need to get out of Colombo once in a while. Find a way to Mahagastotte for just the day at least, it's only 3 hours away.

Damn what a lineup! Is there any TV coverage at all. Peri, got a digi cam mate? I hope someone gets this on video. even a good camera phone would do. And KLM when did u'cle reyaz get a evo IX?

I've got a Handycam with me. I'll be at Foxhill with Peri but, not decided about Mahagastota yet.

OD, Reyaz has had the IX for a while now, but unfortunately it hasn't run much due to various issues. It will be his designated tarmac car so the VII will be used at Fox Hill.

DZ man seriously, you need to get out of Colombo once in a while. Find a way to Mahagastotte for just the day at least, it's only 3 hours away.

If we can't haul a Z up there... how bout a vZr..? :unsure:

What happen to all the cars out there..? :P

Wel, since the races are dominted by Mitsus n Subarus... how bout a Nissan Zzzzzz....?? :)

Prad n me are going, you are welcome to join..! :jumping-smiley-013:

Yup got a Bungalow, a hour away from NE though.(Nice and quiet)

Oh BTW GT Am, Chap & Alfasud man is also gonna be there .

We are running a few classics on the 11th, and then catch the "Proper" race the next day.

Lets try and meet up guys.

Anyone doing a Day trip for Mahagasthota? I got a sudden hankering to see how the RA-R performs :)

Knowing that Romani is running the RA-R, i'm tempted to do a run up to NE as well!

I'm not a good judge of performance between cars, but after going for a ride in that particular machine, all i can say is "A ballerina on ecstasy"....

Charith is one of our stateside members- drives a Evo IX RS, if i'm not mistaken...

Frequents AutoX events in the US- this is going to be his first run at Mahagastota, i believe.

Thanks mate! Now im in the picture.

MINIACE

Charith is one of our stateside members- drives a Evo IX RS, if i'm not mistaken...

Frequents AutoX events in the US- this is going to be his first run at Mahagastota, i believe.

as in Charith19 is it?

so who's Evo IX is he going to be running here?? :huh:

dev... i think it's high time that you made it to one of the events.. if not the hill climbs..atleast foxhill..

you won't regret it.

your both right! :)

..somehow showing up at an awards ceremony to see the cars parked and idling only just isn't going to cut it :(

KLM is there any particular route you'd suggest?

I've got a Handycam with me. I'll be at Foxhill with Peri but, not decided about Mahagastota yet.

Knowing that Romani is running the RA-R, i'm tempted to do a run up to NE as well!

I'm not a good judge of performance between cars, but after going for a ride in that particular machine, all i can say is "A ballerina on ecstasy"....

Anyone doing a Day trip for Mahagasthota? I got a sudden hankering to see how the RA-R performs :)

Tell me about it!

since everyone seems to be tempted by the prospect of a traditional Evo Vs. Sti battle as well as seeing some classics take to the streets as well why not arrange for an AL contingent?